Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin won't install new update

2...Next

Comments

• xKawaiixPotatoxxKawaiixPotatox Posts: 8 New Member
    @rosemow When clean booting, I noticed i will have to be disabling lots of things. This worried me quite a bit. Will this be disabling some things that are manditory for my computer? Because it says that I will be disabling things like my firewall, safe search and other things like that. So im asking if after i follow the steps if i will be able to turn those things back on. Again, I just need reassurence, thank you so so much. :)
    Sincerly,
    A Kawaii Potato :3
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,578 Member
    @rosemow When clean booting, I noticed i will have to be disabling lots of things. This worried me quite a bit. Will this be disabling some things that are manditory for my computer? Because it says that I will be disabling things like my firewall, safe search and other things like that. So im asking if after i follow the steps if i will be able to turn those things back on. Again, I just need reassurence, thank you so so much. :)
    Sincerly,
    Hello @xKawaiixPotatox
    After you have followed the steps, you will be able to turn those things that you turned off back on. You can run msconfig again, and choose to enable them instead of disable them.
    If you are concerned about doing this, you could instead either get another computer person that you know who is where you live to assist you with doing the steps, or you could try redownloading the origin file again and try installing the new copy of origin.
    Okay, thanks for the clear up! You've been very helpful through this and I thank you for that. Hopefully this will do the trick.
    Thank you again,
  • ChesneyChesney Posts: 25 Member
    i could be that your computer doesn't have space? its prolly a computer problem and not an Origin problem
    Okay, thanks for the clear up! You've been very helpful through this and I thank you for that. Hopefully this will do the trick.
    Thank you again,

You’re welcome :)
    Okay. Soo, that didnt work. Any other ideas? Ive tried everything. And im getting quite frusterated. I think i might be downloading/installing it wrong? Ive been searching the ea website, and found nothing. I just cant seem to open originthinsetup.exe, so it wont start installing. Im pretty sure im doing something wrong. But I truley dont know. Im just getting very frusterated. If someone can figure out something, please, PLEASE help me. PLEASE.

Thank You,
    A Very Sad Kawaii Potato
    > @Chesney said:
    > i could be that your computer doesn't have space? its prolly a computer problem and not an Origin problem

I have checked, and it does have enough space. But thanks for trying to help me.
    Thank You
    A Kawaii Potato
    edited June 2018
    Okay. Soo, that didnt work. Any other ideas? Ive tried everything. And im getting quite frusterated. I think i might be downloading/installing it wrong? Ive been searching the ea website, and found nothing. I just cant seem to open originthinsetup.exe, so it wont start installing. Im pretty sure im doing something wrong. But I truley dont know. Im just getting very frusterated. If someone can figure out something, please, PLEASE help me. PLEASE.

Thank You,
    A Very Sad Kawaii Potato
    Hello @xKawaiixPotatox
    When you double click on originthinsetup.exe, it should start the installing process.

Try going to Windows Update, and check to make sure that you computer is uptodate. Sometimes issues can arise when Windows is trying to update your computer at the same time as you are installing other programs.

If you haven’t done this, try disabling your internet security program and windows defender,then try to install origin.

Edit : This article may also help you
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/install-origin/
  • joBaggerjoBagger Posts: 37 Member
    So ....EA Help decided it is that the ucrtbase.dell files are damaged! And I am left to my own devices with that. The instructions directed me to solusoft site where they demanded 40 dollars at the start. I wonder if it is the case. I mean with the allegedly damaged files. I get no error notice, everything else on my computer runs smoothly. Definitely there is something in my computer which clashes with that Origin. If only I could get my money back ,I would turn my back on the EA business..... But of course it is not possible. AS Ferengi from Star TRek say in one of their Rules of Acquisition ... Once you have their money, you never give it back! Maybe someone here has some advice
    edited June 2018
    joBagger wrote: »
    So ....EA Help decided it is that the ucrtbase.dell files are damaged! And I am left to my own devices with that. The instructions directed me to solusoft site where they demanded 40 dollars at the start. I wonder if it is the case. I mean with the allegedly damaged files. I get no error notice, everything else on my computer runs smoothly. Definitely there is something in my computer which clashes with that Origin. If only I could get my money back ,I would turn my back on the EA business..... But of course it is not possible. AS Ferengi from Star TRek say in one of their Rules of Acquisition ... Once you have their money, you never give it back! Maybe someone here has some advice

Hello @joBagger
    Try going to Windows Update and make sure all the patches have been applied and that your computer is uptodate.
    Try turning off windows defender and your internet security programs whilst trying to install origin.

Although you are not receiving error messages it may help to try doing some of the things suggested in this link thresd
    https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/origin/origin/your-vc-runtime-package-has-not-installed-correctly-error-troubleshooting/
    Hello rosemow. Thank you for taking interest.
    I spend all day yesterday conferring with Microsoft and working on my system. They believe my problem has nothing to do with the system itself and the broken file are the result of my tampering with the origin file( which was induced by the geniuses from EA Help Center).
    Following Microsoft advice I restored my system to the time before I started messing around.
    As to your advice, we already tried removing the defender and the antivirus to o avail. But I haven't tried the other method. I'll do it today and who knows...
    Anyway, I am SO disgusted with EA and its Origin. Tried to retur to TS3 and hello....again that horrible origin showed up. YUk!
    so am I. And The Sims used to be my beloved game. Spent 18 years playing, not to mention the money.... It's like a slap in the face...
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    joBagger wrote: »
    Hello rosemow. Thank you for taking interest.
    I spend all day yesterday conferring with Microsoft and working on my system. They believe my problem has nothing to do with the system itself and the broken file are the result of my tampering with the origin file( which was induced by the geniuses from EA Help Center).
    Following Microsoft advice I restored my system to the time before I started messing around.
    As to your advice, we already tried removing the defender and the antivirus to o avail. But I haven't tried the other method. I'll do it today and who knows...
    Anyway, I am SO disgusted with EA and its Origin. Tried to retur to TS3 and hello....again that horrible origin showed up. YUk!

I'm sorry to hear this. If it is Origin that has the problem, completely uninstall Origin, then reboot your computer. After rebooting your computer, run Task Manager to make sure nothing shows up that has Origin in the name. If anything does, right click on it and choose end task. Then, run the Origin Installer. Once you have installed Origin and Origin seems to load correctly, reboot your computer again. Next, rename your Sims 4 folder to something else or move it to the Desktop (the one in Documents, not the one in Program Files). Then, repair your Sims 4 game. Reboot your computer once more. Then try running Sims 4. Origin will load first, then you can press play on Sims 4. If play is greyed out, usually this means the game has started running. To verify this, you can use Task Manager to see if Sims 4 shows up.

Once Sims 4 loads, start a new game. This will be useful if you use custom content normally or mods, since this way if you start a new game you aren't impacting any of your old saves when you are starting a new game with a clean (empty) Mods folder. If the Sims 4 seems to be functioning normally, then you can start moving back the following folders: saves, Mods, Custom Music, and Tray.

By the way, both Sims 4, and the latest version (yes, they patched Sims 3 just to make it Origin dependent) of Sims 3 both require Origin to function.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.