Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 vs Sims 4

Comments

• SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    The sims 2 was the best for its time. The sims 3 had good ideas, but lacked a lot in their great features which made it unplayable for many (and the sims were ugly).. the sims 4.. nothing like a sims game to me. Totally out of the franchise series

As long as people rate a game in the time it was made, based on the technology in that time and what if offered us, theres nothing wrong with comparing. it goes wrong when people think others rate the game in the same year. Ofcourse when you rate the sims 2 in 2014/2015 it isnt good and outdated, but for then IT WAS AWESOME! the sims 4 in 2014/2015 doesnt even come close.. Thats why we say the sims 2 is better..
  • ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    SimsFur wrote: »
    As long as people rate a game in the time it was made, based on the technology in that time and what if offered us, theres nothing wrong with comparing. it goes wrong when people think others rate the game in the same year. Ofcourse when you rate the sims 2 in 2014/2015 it isnt good and outdated, but for then IT WAS AWESOME! the sims 4 in 2014/2015 doesnt even come close.. Thats why we say the sims 2 is better..
    Actually, TS2 today, in 2015, is extremely fantastic. Outdated graphics? Sure, but I personally rarely care about graphics and more about gameplay, and even then TS2 has to this date fairly decent graphics.

To say that it was good in 2004-2009 but isn't good in 2014-2015 doesn't make much sense in my eyes. What happened during those 5-6 years to TS2? Nothing, the core gameplay remains the same as it was back in the day and it is quite telling that a lot of simmers actually prefer a 2004 game to a 2014 game. Functionality wise, specially if you take into account CC/mods, the game is far from outdated.
  • SimmerDafreakSimmerDafreak Posts: 35 Member
    THE SIMS 4 IS WAY BETTER THAN THE SIMS 2 LIKE THIS POST IF YOU AGREE
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Nah. It doesn't even compare to TS2.
    oh3cjs.jpg
    [quote="Dan1el1996;12599273"]hmm ... I think it's a bit silly to compare The Sims 4 with The Sims 2, because TS2 is 10 years old and the technology was not quite like that is now!

I know it's a bit stupid to compare TS4 with TS3, but it is the most natural to do!

anyway I feel that TS2 is better than TS4, because to be 10 years old, I still play it!
    TS4 missing so much awesome features!
    Like pools, family tree, todlers, cars (work cars was awesome!!), and services! TS2 had charm, something TS4 is missing!

I'm not saying TS4 was bad, but missing things to make it really fun![/quote]

UHH HELLO WE HAVE POOLS AND SEVICES
    Nope, nope.
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    365.jpg
    hEFcp6z.gif
    [quote="HollowVoid;13134766"][quote="SimmerDafreak;13134746"]THE SIMS 4 IS WAY BETTER THAN THE SIMS 2 LIKE THIS POST IF YOU AGREE[/quote]
    Nope, nope.
    [/quote]

YES YES
    :p
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Dan1el1996 wrote: »
    hmm ... I think it's a bit silly to compare The Sims 4 with The Sims 2, because TS2 is 10 years old and the technology was not quite like that is now! <br />
    <br />
    I know it's a bit stupid to compare TS4 with TS3, but it is the most natural to do! <br />
    <br />
    anyway I feel that TS2 is better than TS4, because to be 10 years old, I still play it! <br />
    TS4 missing so much awesome features! <br />
    Like pools, family tree, todlers, cars (work cars was awesome!!), and services! TS2 had charm, something TS4 is missing!<br />
    <br />
    I'm not saying TS4 was bad, but missing things to make it really fun!
    <br />
    <br />

What is sevices.

Also, I really really really and really think TS2 trumps TS4 hands down.
    hmm ... I think it's a bit silly to compare The Sims 4 with The Sims 2, because TS2 is 10 years old and the technology was not quite like that is now! <br />
    <br />
    I know it's a bit stupid to compare TS4 with TS3, but it is the most natural to do! <br />
    <br />
    anyway I feel that TS2 is better than TS4, because to be 10 years old, I still play it! <br />
    Like pools, family tree, todlers, cars (work cars was awesome!!), and services! TS2 had charm, something TS4 is missing!<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Pools were added after release most likely due to the massive backlash.

And services...well...yay we got pizza delivery and maids! Not like TS2 had pizza delivery, maids, gardeners, butlers, repairman, firefighters, police, exterminators, grocery delivery, etc.
    HollowVoid wrote: »
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />

And services...well...yay we got pizza delivery and maids! Not like TS2 had pizza delivery, maids, gardeners, butlers, repairman, firefighters, police, exterminators, grocery delivery, etc.
    And TS2 had pools at launch with diving boards. What does TS4 have?
    oh3cjs.jpg
    [quote="LaAbby;13134780"][quote="SimmerDafreak;13134757"][quote="Dan1el1996;12599273"]hmm ... I think it's a bit silly to compare The Sims 4 with The Sims 2, because TS2 is 10 years old and the technology was not quite like that is now!

I know it's a bit stupid to compare TS4 with TS3, but it is the most natural to do!

anyway I feel that TS2 is better than TS4, because to be 10 years old, I still play it!

Like pools, family tree, todlers, cars (work cars was awesome!!), and services! TS2 had charm, something TS4 is missing!

UHH HELLO WE HAVE POOLS AND SEVICES[/quote]

What is sevices.

Also, I really really really and really think TS2 trumps TS4 hands down.[/quote]

sorry i meant services
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />

Well, TS4 truly, truly has...
    A lot of things to learn from its predecessors. :wink:
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />

It has EMOTIONS.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    LaAbby wrote: »

<br />
    <br />

<br />

<br />
    <br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />
    <br />

<br />
    <br />

<br />
    <br />

<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    What is sevices.<br />
    <br />
    Also, I really really really and really think TS2 trumps TS4 hands down.
    <br />
    <br />
    sorry i meant services

Services are well...services that your sim will pay to get something done, like Maid, Pizza Guy, Repairman etc.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />

It has EMOTIONS.
    Ah right! Those little words and UI that tell me what the sims are feeling in a totally not over the top manner! Wait...but I didn't need that to tell me how Sims felt in TS2. What is this madness!
    edited January 2015
    sorry i meant services

There's only like 2 services, that's nothing ...

EDIT: quote messed up
    [quote="bobyo2001;13134799"][quote="HollowVoid;13134794"][quote="SimmerDafreak;13134757"][quote="Dan1el1996;12599273"]hmm ... I think it's a bit silly to compare The Sims 4 with The Sims 2, because TS2 is 10 years old and the technology was not quite like that is now!

And services...well...yay we got pizza delivery and maids! Not like TS2 had pizza delivery, maids, gardeners, butlers, repairman, firefighters, police, exterminators, grocery delivery, etc.[/quote]
    [/quote]
    Well yes but the sims 4 is a a bigger file with better graphics and the sims 2 was smaller so they had more stuff than the sims 4 also the sims 2 had really ugh bad graphics i got bored fast
    edited January 2015

<br />
    <br />

<br />

<br />
    <br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />
    <br />

<br />
    <br />

<br />
    <br />

<br />
    <br />
    Pools were added after release most likely due to the massive backlash.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    And TS2 had pools at launch with diving boards. What does TS4 have?<br />
    <br />
    Well yes but the sims 4 is a a bigger file with better graphics and the sims 2 was smaller so they had more stuff than the sims 4 also the sims 2 had really ugh bad graphics i got bored fast
    "A bigger file" LOL. If anything, TS4 has a completely different art style, one that I personally do not like at all. But it is quite telling all you could say was "TS2 has bad graphics!" about the game, because in core gameplay, it shatters TS4 :wink:

And really, so your point is the Sims 4 is a bigger file (not really, it is composed of larger fileS) and has better graphic so it doesn't matter how much content and gameplay it skimped. Alright.

<br />
    <br />

<br />

<br />
    <br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />
    <br />

<br />
    <br />

<br />
    <br />

<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />

So you're telling me your basing the game off by graphics ... Your loss, judging a book by its cover will make you miss a lot. ;)

<br />
    <br />

<br />

<br />
    <br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />
    <br />

<br />
    <br />

<br />
    <br />

<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Graphics don't make a game. The gameplay does. And TS2 gameplay > TS4 gameplay.
    oh3cjs.jpg
    [quote="LaAbby;13134836"][quote="SimmerDafreak;13134826"][quote="bobyo2001;13134799"][quote="HollowVoid;13134794"][quote="SimmerDafreak;13134757"][quote="Dan1el1996;12599273"]hmm ... I think it's a bit silly to compare The Sims 4 with The Sims 2, because TS2 is 10 years old and the technology was not quite like that is now!

And services...well...yay we got pizza delivery and maids! Not like TS2 had pizza delivery, maids, gardeners, butlers, repairman, firefighters, police, exterminators, grocery delivery, etc.[/quote]

[/quote]

Well yes but the sims 4 is a a bigger file with better graphics and the sims 2 was smaller so they had more stuff than the sims 4 also the sims 2 had really ugh bad graphics i got bored fast[/quote]

So you're telling me your basing the game off by graphics ... Your loss, judging a book by its cover will make you miss a lot. ;)[/quote]

ok i not saying the graphics but the way the game works and cc never worked for me so i was stuck with what the game had same thing with the sims 3. the game was fun but after a hour of playing i was bored while in the sims 4 i can play until i get hungry which is about 3-6 hours. We all like different things some people thing the graphics of the sims 4
    is cartoony but in this case i think its better than all of them i like the sims 2 i am not saying its bad im just saying the sims 4 is better but you may think different . So ok im done with this conversation . :|
    [quote="Luke;13134416"]I really like seeing how everyone supports TS2 and the comparison to TS4 - I often feel as though I may be the only one who feels the same, but I'm glad that I'm not.

I actually tried playing TS3 yesterday because I wondered how I would compare base games, right here, right now. I didn't like TS3 very much. I did enjoy the amount of stuff that was in the game, but at the same time, it felt clumsy and I was ultimately bored of the open world after 30-40 minutes. However, I did end up revisiting Ambitions, and I learned that I enjoyed Ambitions a lot more than I did a few years ago when it was released. Oddly enough, I also found TS3 to be a lot more boring and clunky than I remembered.

TS2, for me, has always had a solid base game. I did play the TS2 base game quite a bit, but I must admit, TS4 has a lot more stuff to do. The interaction between Sims in TS4 is far more advanced, and makes a lot of interactions more easier and fun to do. I definitely think that TS4 has a solid foundation of social interaction in the game with other Sims, but they need to open it up a lot more. I want to do group/trio/duo interactions more often that are fun to do and are different. I would really like to see fancy restaurants, cafes, etc. I think that they could create a layout for shops and stuff, and then just reuse that same layout for different venues. They could recycle some animations/functions, but with different routing paths and/or objects, if applicable.

One thing I like about TS2, though, is how great the lifestages are. Like I said, TS4 has that foundation of great social play, but it is really only amongst teens/young adults/adults. Children are a lot of fun to play, and I do like the interactions you can do with the baby. I did get used to the baby being in a bassinet after playing TS2. It's cool that you could walk around with your baby and stuff, but I noticed that my Sims would often put the baby on the floor and it would just sit there. I then realised that I preferred TS4. However, I like that TS2 had lifestages that felt like they meant something. In TS4, it doesn't really feel like the baby lifestage "matters" that much. That's why I would really like to see toddlers ... toddlers, to me, felt like the bridge between baby and child. Even though child has always been in the game, I actually prefer playing the toddler because it is so different, and in between the baby/child. I always liked TS2 for how they approached family play, and I wish that TS4 had more of that approach.

Ultimately, I have to say that I enjoy TS4 a lot more in terms of base games. TS2, to me, did feel "secluded/isolated". I play TS4 and see the backdrops and everything ... I really enjoy them, and it makes the game feel alive to an extent. I also really like having the "goals" in TS4 for social events and whatnot. I do think that they need to last longer, because the social events don't really feel "established" in the allotted time that they give. I would like to see an option to have "extended" hours, where they go on for double or triple the amount of time. It would be slightly harder to level up, but not by much. I also think that you should be able to turn off the goals so that people can play a more sandbox-y game. I would also really like to see toddlers back in the game to give more weight to the earlier lifestages. [/quote]

OMG someone who agrees with me
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Can someone explain to me why I'm getting notifications for this topic when I don't have it bookmarked :| ?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    Can someone explain to me why I'm getting notifications for this topic when I don't have it bookmarked :| ?

You created this topic back in September. This thread was revived earlier.
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif