Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mod to Remove White Outline

I'm not sure if it's been posted here or not, but I found a mod that removes the white outline!!! THANK GOODNESS :)
Mod: http://www.den.simlogical.com/denforum/index.php?PHPSESSID=eg844em1bpg5btucaciqnocfe5&topic=3198
giphy.gif

Comments

• LukeLuke Posts: 642 Member
    I never use mods ... but I may actually use this one; the white outline doesn't really bug me, but I don't prefer it either.

Thanks!
    Origin ID: Derpiez
  • xale90xale90 Posts: 209 Member
    Isn't better to use the command -nohovereffects in origin game properties? Not sure if that's the hover effect you mean.
    Bjork-animated-fix3sec_zpse5f5950f.gif ModernMansionDesign_zps90f720d8.gif Modern-House-Design_zpsf4076eb9.gif GJmTYrF.gif nfh_zps4d3443dd.png
    Click on each image to see the house
  • CyberSurferCyberSurfer Posts: 76 Member
    @xale90 when they posted their original posts, that command line arguement hadn't been added.. it was added with the Sept. 9th Patch..
    The One, The Only, The Original..
    CyberSurfer
    The Ghost in the World's Virtual Machine
  • FogityFogity Posts: 122 Member
    There is actually a difference between using the mod and using EA's command line argument. EA's version only removes the outline while hovering over the object or sim and my version also removes it when you have clicked something. It's a small difference but I prefer my version. Though I would suggest not using both at the same time, firstly it is pointless but secondly it could be causing minor lag when clicking sims (this has not been thoroughly tested, and I see no point in doing so).
    Played since The Sims 1 and now makes mods for The Sims 4:
    Gender Less - Gender neutral pronouns and titles
    Hidden Highlight - Removes the white outline
    Unlocked CAS Parts - Unlocks hidden CAS items
  • Madiza86Madiza86 Posts: 158 Member
    edited September 2014
    Fogity wrote: »
    There is actually a difference between using the mod and using EA's command line argument. EA's version only removes the outline while hovering over the object or sim and my version also removes it when you have clicked something. It's a small difference but I prefer my version. Though I would suggest not using both at the same time, firstly it is pointless but secondly it could be causing minor lag when clicking sims (this has not been thoroughly tested, and I see no point in doing so).

Huh I initially thought I wrote the EA code wrong because I still had the outline when clicking and it looks disrupting imo. Then I figured it was another bug. Anyway - Do you know how to remove that code thingy in origin?

ETA; I figured out how to remove that code and I've downloaded your mod instead of.