Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom Content doesn't show up in-game?

Anyone else experiences that on the full, base game?
I add the .package file in my Electronic Arts > Sims 4 > Mods folder, I open up the game and it recognizes that certain CC have been added, listing them one by one. Then, when I enter CAS, these items are no where to be found.
I tried Deleting and re-adding them but nothing changes, the game recognizes the CC when I launch it, but then the CC doesn't appear in CAS mode.

Maybe it has to do that the content is Non-default? Any ideas?

Comments

• Laura8488Laura8488 Posts: 3 New Member
    I have the exact same problem. Hope someone can help us :/
  • renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    The time I had this problem was back with the demo and I had all my CC very organized (in folders within folders), but once I just put them in one folder it worked. In other words, I couldn't go Mods > Clothes > Female, I had to do just Mods > Clothes and throw all my clothing CC in there. I'm doing the same with the game, so I haven't checked if that's an issue with the full game.
    Hi renzilla, thanks for your comment. Unfortunately, I already tried that and it didn't make any difference :( The problem really seems to be the non-default content - the recolors work.
  • renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    Sorry to hear that didn't work for you. When the demo was out I had some CC that never showed even if it was in the right folder but I never figured out what was causing it.
  • Hellz_AngelHellz_Angel Posts: 1,694 Member
    edited September 2014
    Im in the same boat as you guys. So you arent the only ones having trouble :/
    <3 JD & LC 3-20-13 <3
  • Krystal_EvenstarKrystal_Evenstar Posts: 3 New Member
    Having the same problem and it's driving me crazy. I thought I had fixed it by editing Resources.cfg to include all the subfolders of content with "PackedFile */*/*.package
    PackedFile */*/*/*.package
    PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package
    PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*.package
    PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*/*.package
    PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*/*/*.package
    PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*.package
    PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*.package"

and that had the game detect everything from the 'Mods' list, however none of the custom clothing (non-default) is anywhere to be seen...
  • simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    That's really odd, I haven't used or made any default replacement items and the only time they haven't shown up is if they were exported wrong from Color Magic, and even in that case one of them would work but a second one wouldn't...
    HSon1Mq.png
    It's really very strange. Hair texture/recolors/some of my cc lipstick works fine, but no custom clothing.
    I think I may have tracked them down. I guess the content that I had were just swatch/color replacement non-defaults and don't have their own Thumbnails (yet)
    I think I may have tracked them down. I guess the content that I had were just swatch/color replacement non-defaults and don't have their own Thumbnails (yet)

Most people aren't doing the full thumbnail thing for clothes and things like that. So yeah, most the downloads will be within the thumbnail of what they are recolors of as a swatch.
    HSon1Mq.png
  • jexickahjexickah Posts: 1 New Member
    edited September 2014
    I am having the exact same problem. I put all my package files (downloaded from the sims resource) in the mods folder and they are "recognized" on startup but don't show up in CAS. Anyone find any solutions?
    So I switched to playing another household and suddenly most of the missing cc is available :o No idea why, though.

Also I ticked the box "script mods" in gaming options (Had done that before, but maybe that's the solution to someone else's problem?)
  • rmullen13rmullen13 Posts: 1 New Member
    I was having the same problem...AND I FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK!!!!:))))))
    I had read through this forum and tried everything. My custom content had originally disappeared because I had clicked the "run without custom content" box, this is not a "safe mode" as stated, its a "never see your custom content again" box. First off what I did was delete any custom content from third party sites, I felt like they were part of the problem, but I have plenty off CC from the sims store. After trying all the options I just uninstalled my game and all EPS. Reinstalled the game and all the EPs, re-downloaded and installed all my CC from 'my purchase history' on the website to my game. It works!! my custom content is in the game:)) I didnt save any current games, I started fresh, the game actually runs better. I have a 2009 uni-body mac
  • gamerrecordtvgamerrecordtv Posts: 63 Member
    > @rmullen13 said:
    > I was having the same problem...AND I FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK!!!!:))))))
    > I had read through this forum and tried everything. My custom content had originally disappeared because I had clicked the "run without custom content" box, this is not a "safe mode" as stated, its a "never see your custom content again" box. First off what I did was delete any custom content from third party sites, I felt like they were part of the problem, but I have plenty off CC from the sims store. After trying all the options I just uninstalled my game and all EPS. Reinstalled the game and all the EPs, re-downloaded and installed all my CC from 'my purchase history' on the website to my game. It works!! my custom content is in the game:)) I didnt save any current games, I started fresh, the game actually runs better. I have a 2009 uni-body mac

Good work bro B)
    rmullen13 wrote: »
    I was having the same problem...AND I FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK!!!!:)))))) <br />
    I had read through this forum and tried everything. My custom content had originally disappeared because I had clicked the "run without custom content" box, this is not a "safe mode" as stated, its a "never see your custom content again" box. First off what I did was delete any custom content from third party sites, I felt like they were part of the problem, but I have plenty off CC from the sims store. After trying all the options I just uninstalled my game and all EPS. Reinstalled the game and all the EPs, re-downloaded and installed all my CC from 'my purchase history' on the website to my game. It works!! my custom content is in the game:)) I didnt save any current games, I started fresh, the game actually runs better. I have a 2009 uni-body mac

You were reading through the sims 4 forum to try to fix a sims 3 issue?
    HSon1Mq.png
  • tonicmoletonicmole Posts: 121 Member
    CC seems to be a little goofy sometimes. Personally, some CC wouldn't show up until my mod folder was set up for XML tuning. Not sure why, but that allowed all content to show up. To do this......do this:

1.) Make an empty folder named "unpackedmod" in /Mods

2.) Open the file resource.cfg (located in the mods folder) with a text editor and add the line:

DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate

Technically this shouldn't affect non XML tuning mods.....but I know many of my mods wouldn't show up until after I did it.
    What's the deal with the creepy Sim in the yellow shirt, and glasses? The one right up there! I'm guessing what ever he is it starts with "serial".
  • Kitty129Kitty129 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi my custom content doesn't show up in game! I made sure the Enable Custom Content and Mods box was ticked and the Script Mods box was ticked too. My game doesn't have any problems and I have WinRAR, watched a video, made sure I had a backup folder with my game saved on it, read comments and done a lot of things to make sure it worked as well. Some of the cc is from different websites but they don't show up in game either. Please help me!!! :s
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    @Kitty129 Is your CC in your Mods folder?
    Documents->Electronic Arts->The Sims 4->Mods

Do the file names end in .package?
  • Kitty129Kitty129 Posts: 2 New Member
    Someone pls help me!! P.S I will try to check this everyday so please, please, PLEASE try to think of a way to help me solve this problem!!!!
  • GubzyWubzyGubzyWubzy Posts: 1 New Member
    Any one having a problem trying to pick up their toddlers, every time I tell my sim to go and place her toddler in the high chair or just pick up the toddler she cancels out the command and then they bring their hands out and standing in a "T" shape. If anyone else is having this problem or knows how to fix it would be most appreciated. Please and Thank you
  • LilyGraceGamingLilyGraceGaming Posts: 63 Member
    I usually have to download things multiple times
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    @GuzbyWubzy try deleting the localthumbcache.package file, the game will automatically create new version. Sometimes this clears animation freezing glitches.