Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you find people??

Let me just say i love this game. Yes there are problems with it and things missing blah blah blah - but there is sooo much more to it too. Cant wait to discover it all.

One thing i cant figure out is when it asks you to find certain people say 'Talk to Malcom at the gym to earn your reward' but Malcom is never there and I can't find him anywhere, or the Chef 'what's his name' wants to talk to you to get your feedback on a recipe (something along those lines) but it doesn't tell you where to find him.

Does anyone know how i can track these people down to complete the tast?

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    RealityArchitectRealityArchitect Posts: 67 Member
    edited June 2009
    I was wondering the same. I got an opportunity to meet up with Jared Frio for some cooking related opportunity (I think the one you mentioned), and I figured I must've met this Sim before so I could call him and meet up. Turns out my Sim hadn't and I have no idea where in the whole town this Sim could be found.
  • Options
    dandebirdsdandebirds Posts: 75 New Member
    edited June 2009
    You can go to map view (M), and an icon will be somewhere on the screen with an option to go to that person.

For example, when you're given the cooking opportunity to share cooking tips with Jared Frio, you'll see an icon with his picture on it in map view. Click on the icon, and you'll be given an option to go to him. When you do, click on his person to open the pie menu and there will be a 'Share Cooking Tips' action to add to the queue.

This opportunity wouldn't complete for me while he was at work (the 'Go to...' option was grayed out), so I had to wait until he was home. I visited his house and spoke to him once I was invited inside to exchange tips and receive my reward. Quest complete.

For future reference, anything related to an opportunity on the pie menu will have a purple exclamation mark in front of the action name, so it's easy to spot in a short time frame.

And I'm not if sure if this is for every opportunity or only certain ones, but, so far, all icons in map view related to opportunities have been bright blue for me.

Hope I helped, and good luck :)
  • Options
    SketchElderSketchElder Posts: 3,517 New Member
    edited June 2009
    If you've already met the person you are looking for, it might be easier to let him come to you. Go to the Relationship panel, find his picture and click on it, then invite him over.
  • Options
    RealityArchitectRealityArchitect Posts: 67 Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks guys. I'll try scanning the map view more carefully next time I'm playing later today.