Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

|| NAMC: MSVC || CLOSED :]

Comments

• MrMarcoMrMarco Posts: 810 New Member
    edited August 2009
    :]
  • senb23senb23 Posts: 520 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Binibini wrote:
    senb23 wrote:
    You have done an awesome job with this! I wish i had found this post a few hours earlier, then i could join too. :cry: I cant wait to see the entries! Good luck everyone! :mrgreen:
    Oops I'm so rude!

Totally missed your post. And that, is not like me =/

Thank you and you can be sure I'll be back with other challenges in the future!

Bump
    :lol: don't worry about it, your busy with this awesome contest so i wasn't expecting a response. I will definately keep an eye out for later challenges. :wink:
  • commeuneplumecommeuneplume Posts: 1,494 Member
    edited August 2009
    I think i figured out which one i want to send!

Im nervous! :shock:
    Avid TS3/TS4 player, wannabe storyteller, novice builder.
    Looking forward to seeing you around!
  • nessvanessva Posts: 168 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Do as many as you can think of ideas for and then pick the best of them all. That's what I did. :)

Okay, I tried :)
    Im nervous!:shock:

Me too! :?
  • GypzyGypzy Posts: 81 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Oh don't be nervous, I'm sure you guys did an awesome job!!
  • crimsonsunsets22crimsonsunsets22 Posts: 2,591 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm so torn between vanity and avarice.
  • BinibiniBinibini Posts: 1,282 Member
    edited August 2009
    nessva, thanks for the email and bringing some things to my attention. I sent a response and also credited artist at the bottom of post :] I will from this point onwards ensure to post credits where due! I should have done this before, like I said, I wasn't thinking.. :[

Can't decide on which Deadly Sin to pick? Or Which pic to use?
    Go here please :]

Edit: Bump
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
    tap banner for 'such is life' | more projects + cc at facebook.com/jellysimwich
    edited August 2009
    :D
    edited August 2009
    MrMarco! Hello hello!

Where'd everyone go? Ugh, this is what I get for being in a timezone that's an hour or two behind everyone on the east coast xD
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
  • KaydiaKaydia Posts: 234 Member
    edited August 2009
    This may sound like a dumb question but I just want to make sure...

Are we permitted to change our sims hair during the shoots?

I was only wondering. I couldn't find anything clear cut about it. I know it says we can use hair/makeup/clothing to portray the sin. So I figured as long as we still use the grey roots an highlights we were okay

but then remembered we were told we could alter their appearance until the comp. started. Didn't know if that just meant their overall look (like facial structure and etc) or if their hair was included in that
    edited August 2009
    Kaydia wrote:

I was only wondering. I couldn't find anything clear cut about it. I know it says we can use hair/makeup/clothing to portray the sin. So I figured as long as we still use the grey roots an highlights we were okay

but then remembered we were told we could alter their appearance until the comp. started. Didn't know if that just meant their overall look (like facial structure and etc) or if their hair was included in that
    Facial and body adjusting is prohibited.

Hair must have default gray roots and highlights. Otherwise you are free to change base and tip colour to whatever you like, this includes, hairdos :]

Age details must always be ON.

See first post and check "Updates" section for additional Q&A :]

Bump
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
    edited August 2009
    Hello Bini! I went to get something to eat, sadly I haven't eaten for close to 11 hours... so my stomach was making me ;P
    edited August 2009
    MrMarco wrote:
    Hello Bini! I went to get something to eat, sadly I haven't eaten for close to 11 hours... so my stomach was making me ;P
    Goodness woman you'll shrivel away! Eat eat! You must eat! xD

I ate junk food this evening. Soda pop, crisps and ice-cream! And another soda pop :]

Bump
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
    edited August 2009
    Is there a word limit on our summaries? Mine is turning out a bit on the long side. I've always been quite wordy.
    edited August 2009
    Is there a word limit on our summaries? Mine is turning out a bit on the long side. I've always been quite wordy.
    It can be as lengthy as you'd like :]

The summary will be judged as it is apart of the Challenge, itself.

Bump
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
    edited August 2009
    Binibini wrote:
    MrMarco wrote:
    Goodness woman you'll shrivel away! Eat eat! You must eat! xD

I ate junk food this evening. Soda pop, crisps and ice-cream! And another soda pop :]

Bump
    I am I am! Lol.
    I'm feeling a bit less sick now that I have some food in my system.
  • peaceloveleahpeaceloveleah Posts: 3,522 New Member
    edited August 2009

Ahh. Will they be judged on beauty more or how they personified the sin?

I am having trouble picking between a beautiful shot that still porrays the sin and an incredibly animated shot that is not as attractive.
    edited August 2009
    Random (but somewhat significant) question: do you speak any Spanish? :P
    edited August 2009

I am having trouble picking between a beautiful shot that still porrays the sin and an incredibly animated shot that is not as attractive.

I had a similar problem. One of my shots was a pretty picture, but I didn't feel like it portrayed the sin as well as the second picture. But the second picture didn't look as nice as the first. In the end I went with the first one, 'cause no one's done it yet. :P
    edited August 2009

I had a similar problem. One of my shots was a pretty picture, but I didn't feel like it portrayed the sin as well as the second picture. But the second picture didn't look as nice as the first. In the end I went with the first one, 'cause no one's done it yet. :P

Exactly. It's difficult because I want my sim to look attractive, but I don't want her to look too normal.

I think I'll go with the first because her face is a tad too contorted in the second.
    edited August 2009
    Binibini wrote:
    Kaydia wrote:

Hair must have default gray roots and highlights. Otherwise you are free to change base and tip colour to whatever you like, this includes, hairdos :]

Bump

Thanks

one other thing

How do I know age detail is on or off?
    I figured it would be in my options menu but I
    can't find anything dealing with age detail
    all I can find is the aging: on off option
    I guess mine is on since I have no clue
    how to turn it off, but I'd like to make sure.

Mine has the rougher "adult" lines around her mouth but no
    other visible sign of aging, although she may be too
    early in the adult stage to have any other signs but
    I'd still love to know
    edited August 2009

The judging is based on (3) aspects: The Challenge itself, Clothing and Hair/Makeup.

Summaries and the sort, will fall underneath "the challenge". Beauty, more or less, will cover one's clothing and hair/makeup. This competition is not a "beauty contest" so to speak but a contest to find the "ultimate" Cougar :] This means covering an array of aspects in different scenarios, and not just simply "posing" :]

Hope that clears things up a bit :]

Bump
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
    edited August 2009
    Kaydia wrote:
    Binibini wrote:
    Kaydia wrote:

Bump

Thanks

one other thing

How do I know age detail is on or off?
    I figured it would be in my options menu but I
    can't find anything dealing with age detail
    all I can find is the aging: on off option
    I guess mine is on since I have no clue
    how to turn it off, but I'd like to make sure.

Mine has the rougher "adult" lines around her mouth but no
    other visible sign of aging, although she may be too
    early in the adult stage to have any other signs but
    I'd still love to know
    This is done in CAS :]

When you select sim's age (in this case "adult") and go into "looks", you'll get a tab that allows you to add freckles, beauty marks and wrinkles! The wrinkles are added by checking "age details ON". This will create visible lines on the forehead and around the mouth and cheeks :]

If you don't see this, you may need to go to a mirror, save your sim into the premade bin, and then open up CAS to ensure that this feature is ON :] It's an easy process and doesn't take too awfully long to do, if this is the case.

Bump :]
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
    edited August 2009
    Okay thanks...I had to save her to the bin and check...it wasnt on so I put it on and deleted out my old one and put her into my game now.

But her lines didn't appear anywhere but making her mouth lines a tad darker I guess she's too young in the adult category to have a lot of visible lines elsewhere.

She's only like a day 2 adult and I dont keep aging on.

edit: typos
    edited August 2009
    Mmkay. Thank you for that. :)
    Do you mind if I post now or do you want me to post later?