Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Expansion Pack Ideas

Comments

• Options
    Momma_meadow21Momma_meadow21 Posts: 2 New Member
    Oh and I thought this might be cool/ possible- if u had a pack where at some point - no telling when - could be your first week playing or your 3rd generation when the zombie apocalypse happens - and is your sim equipped to survive? Is there fitness non exsistent or maxed out? What about logic? Or will to survive? Maybe they are gloomy pessimistics or did they earn the survival trait? Maybe they are a vampire and it doesn’t matter cause zombies don’t want to feast on other dead sims. Will your sim go out and fight ? Or board up the house and hide? And I’d kinda like the game to chose this based on traits and skills.
  • Options
    desthesimaholicdesthesimaholic Posts: 4 New Member
    I Love all of these!
  • Options
    Schocki2Schocki2 Posts: 3 New Member
    I would be very happy about a royal pack.

In the pack you could make your Sim king and create a royal family. In addition, you could introduce taxes there and thus earn money and hire staff, for example, court jesters. Butler and others closed staff. For the create a Sim mode I would add royal dresses and suits you could add as an addition also crowns.
  • Options
    Schocki2Schocki2 Posts: 3 New Member

In the pack you could make your Sim king and create a royal family. In addition, you could introduce taxes there and thus earn money and hire staff, for example, court jesters. Butler and others closed staff. For the create a Sim mode I would add royal dresses and suits you could add as an addition also crowns.
  • Options
    Saturn830Saturn830 Posts: 54 Member
    I'm not someone to plot out a whole Expansion Pack, but I certainly have ideas for Game Packs.

Activities-Themed GP

Tabletop Games: Adds a number of board games, rpgs, and other tabletop activities that can be played with by up to four Sims at once. Unlike the kids activity stations and chess sets these are all individual items that can be picked up and placed on any existing table or surface with space.

Team Sports: Adds a (full) Basketball Court, Soccer Field, and Tennis Court to build mode, which all allow four Sims to compete in two-on-two matches. Also gives the option for competitive swimming and diving and, if Seasons is installed, skating.

New Skills: Adds five-level skill lines for Tabletop Games, Basketball, Soccer, and Tennis. Chances of winning in those activities, as well as new unique interactions, increase with skill level. If Seasons is installed it Skating also becomes a full, non-hidden skill.

Danger-Themed GP

Firefighter Career: Adds the new active Firefighter career as well as a related Firehouse venue. Successful firefighters can win the admiration of other Sims and even increase their fame level (if Get Famous is installed) but the job is risky.

Threats to Life and Limb: Adds a new 'injury system' that functions similar to the illness system in Get to Work but for physical harm. Injuries are the results of encounters with hazards (fire, etc) that are non-fatal but still provide debilitating Moodlets that take time or perhaps even visits to the doctor to remove. Also adds a number of new death types.

Romance-Themed GP

Basically just the 'Find Love' expansion that was suggested on one of the surveys a few years ago. Dating, romantic vacations, expanded weddings, etc.
  • Options
    LaDLaD Posts: 1 New Member
    I really enjoyed The Sims 2 Life Stories. It would be really interesting if the concept could be adapted to the Sims 4. While the current game has Story Mode, I feel like this could be expanded to include similar "cinematic" videos that made the Sims 2 unique and exciting, and contain all types of different stories with all new traits.

Its just a general idea but I feel it could make a really engaging and realistic Sims 4-- especially with the ability to create Mods and have user create stories of their own, from ridiculous to cliche.
  • Options
    Sims_fanatic64Sims_fanatic64 Posts: 10 New Member
    I have an idea for a mod... It's a quarantine mod where you can FacTime with people (like, for real, and you can do interactions over the call) and if you're in a group of people you get in trouble or something. I have more ideas, but I don't exactly know how to put them into words, so... I thought I would tell someone about it because I have no idea how to make mods myself.
  • Options
    Sims_fanatic64Sims_fanatic64 Posts: 10 New Member
    > @Sims_fanatic64 said:
    > I have an idea for a mod... It's a quarantine mod where you can FacTime with people (like, for real, and you can do interactions over the call) and if you're in a group of people you get in trouble or something. I have more ideas, but I don't exactly know how to put them into words, so... I thought I would tell someone about it because I have no idea how to make mods myself.

oopsie not FacTime FaceTime
  • Options
    VibrantAsiaVibrantAsia Posts: 2 New Member
    I've thought of a new idea or an EP but it sounds a bit cheesy.
    Name: Get to Airport
    New World: Leisureville
    New Lot Assignments: Hotel, Souvenir Shop, Airport
    New Lot Trait: Airplanes
    New Furniture: suitcases, security machines, trolley, baggage conveyor belt, check-in station
    New Clothes: earphones/headphones, sweatpants, hoodies, sneakers, beanies, socks
    New Trait: Traveler- these Sims get happy when they chat about airplanes or hear an airplane above their head.
    New Careers: Flight Attendant, Pilot, Baggage Handler, Security
    New Skills: Traveling, Engineering
    New Aspiration: Leisureman: Reward Trait: Travel Pro (reduced flight prices)
  • Options
    JanoJano Posts: 100 Member
    I would like to see more holiday destinations, I know we have island living but it would be nice to have a tropical island where you could stay in a hotel. I would love to have a ski resort as well, an old fashioned holiday camp with caravans or chalets, evening entertainment and a kids club could also be fun.
  • Options
    Gooby314Gooby314 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love to see a H G Wells style " Time Machine" Expansion, but then have game packs you can buy to enhance it more. Have themes like: Medeival times, Pirates, Egypt, Victorian, Dinosaur, Pilgrams, Future world and Another world. Maybe have dino pets and accidently start plagues. Thanks for reading this, have a great day.
  • Options
    frantastic922frantastic922 Posts: 23 Member
    I haven't read through the entire thread, but here is what I'd like:

1. a Future pack like TS3 - I miss playing Into the Future, and since I'm running on the latest Mac OS, I can't play TS3 (or Medieval) anymore... PLEASE FIX THIS!
    2. a retro pack like 70s, 80s, 70s TS3 SP - I miss the classic clothing, music, etc.
    3. More occult sims - I miss werewolves and fairies. I LOVE how TS4 did ROM and vampire XP points :smiley:
    4. More vacation lots like TS3 Adventures - I miss Asia and Egypt..
    5. Owning MULTIPLE properties - wealthy sims should be able to own multiple homes (they could rent them out like IRL, parents could hand them down to YA/A children), OWNING vacation homes
    6. More in-depth salon careers - I miss making my Sims tattoo artists (if there's a way to do this in TS4, PLEASE LMK!)
    7. CARS!! Best for last, right?? New careers (race car driver, mechanic, etc.), mischief (drag racing, Fast and Furious style LOL), collecting/restoring old cars (you could make this a family activity with teens and YA children)

I'm sure I'll think of more, but in the meantime...
  • Options
    Ankhbat76Ankhbat76 Posts: 4 New Member
    Expansion Pack Ideas & Items/Hair/clothing etc... Ideas For The Sims 4 On Xbox one, PS4, PC & Mac. I would like to see more different hairstyles/hair lengths etc... Also there are not enough different hair lengths and styles for male sims especially long hair and long spiky styles etc... I would soooooo love to see a Ancient Egyptians Expansion pack with traditional hairstyles, makeup, hats, masks, jewelry, Ancient Egyptian gods & goddesses costumes and clothing, buy items/build items/ skills and activities items, Have your own Nile pond or pool that you can have a pet Nile Croc, You could have pet snake, leopard/black panther, falcon, Egyptian cat breeds, Pet Jackal. Sims could learn how to read and write Ancient Egyptian. Play Ancient Egyptian games for logic etc... and paint themed pictures on the easels. Befriend mummies, Have beautiful Egyptian carpet and other floor types, paint/wallpaper etc... build temple style or traditional Egyptian houses or even a pyramid houses. Have Egyptian plant's Trees & Shrubs, Ancient Egyptian treasures to be found when digging for treasure. Have Ancient Egyptian style jobs and hobbies for your sims. Ancient Egyptian music station for stereos, Ancient Egyptian dance styles and sim traits.

I'd also love to see an Expansion pack of a Pirate theme, with hairstyles, clothing, skill & activities, building stuff, buy stuff, music station, traits, jobs, paint,wallpaper, floors, windows, etc pet parrot or money, brewing your own grog, learning sea shanties and whittling wood, telling other sims tales of the high seas and of adventures, search for treasure on the beach, learn the penny whistle.

I would love to see more The child (aka Baby Yoda) stuff and It would be great to see some Mandalorian stuff too also more star wars in The Sims 4.

I'd also love to see an 80's expansion including 80's glam/hair metal style stuff and 80's parties complete with the hedgehog with cheese on sticks and mini sausages on sticks and 80's cocktails, clothing, hair makeup, New wave, hair metal/glam, 80's pop, new romantic music on the stereo, British and American 80's stuff, decor, building, food drink, activities, 80's goth style, fashion, jobs, hobbies etc.

I have been playing the sims games for many many many years on earlier playstations and on xbox one X and PC and I also got my youngest stepson into the sims too he loves the games... he's love to see some fornite characters in the sims 4.
  • Options
    frantastic922frantastic922 Posts: 23 Member
    > @Ankhbat76 said:
    > Expansion Pack Ideas & Items/Hair/clothing etc... Ideas For The Sims 4 On Xbox one, PS4, PC & Mac. I would like to see more different hairstyles/hair lengths etc... Also there are not enough different hair lengths and styles for male sims especially long hair and long 🌺🌺🌺🌺 styles etc... I would soooooo love to see a Ancient Egyptians Expansion pack with traditional hairstyles, makeup, hats, masks, jewelry, Ancient Egyptian gods & goddesses costumes and clothing, buy items/build items/ skills and activities items, Have your own Nile pond or pool that you can have a pet Nile Croc, You could have pet snake, leopard/black panther, falcon, Egyptian cat breeds, Pet Jackal. Sims could learn how to read and write Ancient Egyptian. Play Ancient Egyptian games for logic etc... and paint themed pictures on the easels. Befriend mummies, Have beautiful Egyptian carpet and other floor types, paint/wallpaper etc... build temple style or traditional Egyptian houses or even a pyramid houses. Have Egyptian plant's Trees & Shrubs, Ancient Egyptian treasures to be found when digging for treasure. Have Ancient Egyptian style jobs and hobbies for your sims. Ancient Egyptian music station for stereos, Ancient Egyptian dance styles and sim traits.
    >
    > I'd also love to see an Expansion pack of a Pirate theme, with hairstyles, clothing, skill & activities, building stuff, buy stuff, music station, traits, jobs, paint,wallpaper, floors, windows, etc pet parrot or money, brewing your own grog, learning sea shanties and whittling wood, telling other sims tales of the high seas and of adventures, search for treasure on the beach, learn the penny whistle.
    >
    > I would love to see more The child (aka Baby Yoda) stuff and It would be great to see some Mandalorian stuff too also more star wars in The Sims 4.
    >
    > I'd also love to see an 80's expansion including 80's glam/hair metal style stuff and 80's parties complete with the hedgehog with cheese on sticks and mini sausages on sticks and 80's cocktails, clothing, hair makeup, New wave, hair metal/glam, 80's pop, new romantic music on the stereo, British and American 80's stuff, decor, building, food drink, activities, 80's goth style, fashion, jobs, hobbies etc.
    >
    > I have been playing the sims games for many many many years on earlier playstations and on xbox one X and PC and I also got my youngest stepson into the sims too he loves the games... he's love to see some fornite characters in the sims 4.

I really like your ideas :smile: it might be hard to add Star Wars/Mandlorian and Fortnite due to licensing, but I'm all for Ancient Egypt, pirates, and decade-themed packs :smile:
  • Options
    EmptyGoldEmptyGold Posts: 8 New Member
    I would love a custom world tool! They could charge 10 dollars to unlock each custom world. I would buy it. You could design weather (if you have seasons) number of strays (if you have Cats and Dogs) and other features! They could allow drag-and-drop style world decorating, and people could upload custom worlds to the gallery. I think it would be amazing.

I'd also love to add the mermaid tail and abilities (Island Living EP) for children and toddlers, and have them be able to develop abilities as a free patch, or even a Mermaid Stuff Pack requiring Island Living EP.
  • Options
    EmptyGoldEmptyGold Posts: 8 New Member
    I would love to be able to make apartment building lots in other worlds or lots that are not EA's premade apartments with City Living EP. I think that that would be a huge and amazing City Living patch or a Build a City stuff pack maybe that requires city living, even a mod-- this would be amazing.
  • Options
    > @frantastic922 said:
    > > @Ankhbat76 said:
    > > Expansion Pack Ideas & Items/Hair/clothing etc... Ideas For The Sims 4 On Xbox one, PS4, PC & Mac. I would like to see more different hairstyles/hair lengths etc... Also there are not enough different hair lengths and styles for male sims especially long hair and long styles etc... I would soooooo love to see a Ancient Egyptians Expansion pack with traditional hairstyles, makeup, hats, masks, jewelry, Ancient Egyptian gods & goddesses costumes and clothing, buy items/build items/ skills and activities items, Have your own Nile pond or pool that you can have a pet Nile Croc, You could have pet snake, leopard/black panther, falcon, Egyptian cat breeds, Pet Jackal. Sims could learn how to read and write Ancient Egyptian. Play Ancient Egyptian games for logic etc... and paint themed pictures on the easels. Befriend mummies, Have beautiful Egyptian carpet and other floor types, paint/wallpaper etc... build temple style or traditional Egyptian houses or even a pyramid houses. Have Egyptian plant's Trees & Shrubs, Ancient Egyptian treasures to be found when digging for treasure. Have Ancient Egyptian style jobs and hobbies for your sims. Ancient Egyptian music station for stereos, Ancient Egyptian dance styles and sim traits.
    > >
    > > I'd also love to see an Expansion pack of a Pirate theme, with hairstyles, clothing, skill & activities, building stuff, buy stuff, music station, traits, jobs, paint,wallpaper, floors, windows, etc pet parrot or money, brewing your own grog, learning sea shanties and whittling wood, telling other sims tales of the high seas and of adventures, search for treasure on the beach, learn the penny whistle.
    > >
    > > I would love to see more The child (aka Baby Yoda) stuff and It would be great to see some Mandalorian stuff too also more star wars in The Sims 4.
    > >
    > > I'd also love to see an 80's expansion including 80's glam/hair metal style stuff and 80's parties complete with the hedgehog with cheese on sticks and mini sausages on sticks and 80's cocktails, clothing, hair makeup, New wave, hair metal/glam, 80's pop, new romantic music on the stereo, British and American 80's stuff, decor, building, food drink, activities, 80's goth style, fashion, jobs, hobbies etc.
    > >
    > > I have been playing the sims games for many many many years on earlier playstations and on xbox one X and PC and I also got my youngest stepson into the sims too he loves the games... he's love to see some fornite characters in the sims 4.
    >
    > I really like your ideas :smile: it might be hard to add Star Wars/Mandalorian and Fortnite due to licensing, but I'm all for Ancient Egypt, pirates, and decade-themed packs :smile:
    >
    >

Thank you I'm so glad you like my ideas.... I have a ton more ideas to share.
    I know that they have done some star wars costumes already and that EA make the star wars games so it may not be that hard for them to get the licensing. They've put a The child aka baby Yoda in the game in the decorative stuff on the xbox one version I'm guessing it will be on the playstation, Pc and Mac too. I'd love to see more if they can do it. :)
  • Options
    I would love to see more radio station choices on the stereo in sims 4. I have noticed that there isn't a Rock or Metal music station. A New Wave, New Romantic, Punk and world music station would be great too. Also more tv channels. I think it would be great if you could make sims different heights too like in real life. Other accessories like belts and bags would be cool too. An option to edit nails and add colour or patterns to them. Make custom makeup styles and hairstyles. Appliances = Milkshake maker, food processor, toaster, and or toasties maker, slow cooker, pizza oven, fridge with ice maker on the door, food steamer. It's been ages since there has been any free items for sims 4. I also can't wait until they make The Sims 5.
  • Options
    irishdragon7irishdragon7 Posts: 124 Member
    Academia expansion pack (I also posted this one under ideas I would like to see added to Sims 4):
    -Graduate school options
    -Professors as careers (you can move up from graduate student, adjunct, visiting status, assistant professor, associate professor, full professor, and professor emeritus). You can also include tenure option.
    -Professor gameplay options can include grading, skimming over grading and assigning grades arbitrarily (which adds the option of appealing grades from students and disciplinary action from school, catching students cheating and deciding what to do with student (second chance or expulsion), writing new exams or using old ones (increase chance of cheating for students with old exam use), conducting research, approval through IRB and IACUC, research and teaching grants, and collaborating with colleagues and students (evil sims can exploit graduate student work or falsify data).
    -Distinct departments
    -Design your own major and curriculum (you can have the option of having a pre-made curriculum or designing/adapting your own either as a student designing an individualized major or as a professor adapting existing curriculum or proposing new curriculum).
    -Options for teaching in-person, hybrid, of fully online.
    -Faculty and department meetings - this could be a lot of fun with the clash of egos, politics, and disciplinary biases (not to mention, faculty meeting bingo options)
    -Institution options like for-profit, state, or non-profit. Issues with accreditation and funding. You can add administration careers like President, Dean of Students, Provost, Comptroller, IT department, etc.
  • Options
    Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    Travel Expansion Pack will do
  • Options
    skellyladyskellylady Posts: 1 New Member
    Expansion idea!
    king of wonky and just off the top of my head.
    What about bringing a bit of a Medieval sims twist to sims 4?

We have monarchy in modern times and even though it might not be as barbaric (which there is nothing wrong with having some barbaric times)
    But maybe bring a king or queen to rule a certain part of the sims world.

-royal like furniture
    -new hairstyles with crowns and tiaras to wear
    -sword fighting/tournaments
    -new clothing to wear for extra important occasions for the king/queen
    -political stories and actions where you could overthrow the king/queen or as a king/queen earn the favor. Or just become a overpowered ruler?
    -be able to make some sims into knights. (can you imagine being in the middle of the pub and the queen just comes in with her sword and makes the bartender a knight?? Seems a bit funny and fun to me)
    -governing the people to do good or trick them to ignore the bad ( whichever the player decides they want in their world? could be a evil sim king who knows)
    -bringing the church stuff back in but with a twist of maybe making the church to be whatever you want and deem what kind of holy holidays you wish there to be.
    -the world to still be filled with historical homes ( that of course can be changed to a more modern home) with a castle and historical buildings that people would come and be touring to.
    -a tourist option when you visit the world
    -maybe bring some mystics or have the witches/wizards to be intertwined with this expansion
    -butlers and maids assigned to the castle

theres a million little and big things you could do with the expansion !

I still will forever be playing medieval sims 3 but just a fun suggestion
  • Options
    MattsumoMattsumo Posts: 2 New Member
    *A cross-post from the wish list thread because apparently I am blind and did not see this expansion thread..*

From the rising popularity of gourmet coffee, I am surprised that there is no way of being an owner of a functional Coffee Shop/Roastery. Sure you can use the DO or GTW packs to work around it but that usually breaks immersion and does not have a satisfying feel to it. Below is a list of bullet points in which we can expand the potential career opportunities for coffee and coffee accessories.

-Doesn't need to be a full fledged expansion, maybe a game pack should suffice
    -Develop on a coffee skill 1-10 (Including the making of coffee or coffee roasting)
    -Coffee roasting can give off buffs/emotions like most crafting skills in the game
    -It can either be an interactive career or based off the platform of DO, in which you can: Source raw beans from different regions of the world, roast coffee beans, make coffee (via espresso, pour overs, drip, etc.), talk to guest in the shop, and more.
    -Even if the player is not career driven towards coffee, the personal use of the coffee skill may help benefit them to learn other skills faster or help aid in their career promotion (from emotional boosts) can help create synergy to the general Sims game play as a whole.
    -the game pack can include minimalist build and CAS items as that is the current trends of most hipster coffee shops.

In conclusion, I believe that the aesthetics and immersion of one's passion for coffee that would make this pack worth wild. Additionally for non-coffee enthusiasts, the expansion of the coffee skill would put an extra layer of mirth on their sims playthroughs and/or help create lot builds with the minimalist aesthetic that can be simple yet refined, zen-like, and/or a functional feeling. One can only wish for this game pack to come true, but I am doing my part in at least giving it some exposure and so that if there are others that agree with me, that wish may become a reality.

>feels bad when not being a C O M F Y coffee shop/roastery owner in the Sims
  • Options
    mrzandermrzander Posts: 7 New Member
    Can sims finally be able to jam music together? Like, play music collectively, or even better included, make a band, add some instruments. Jazz and Rock. There are more than solo musicians in the real world! Come on!!!
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    My ideas:

Romantic Day

Expansion type: Game Pack (or expansion pack)
    New world: Something similar to Monaco, France, Spain or Italy (one or two apartments + 2 or 3 residential lots + 8 (or more) community lots) - Beach Promenade + Water Channels
    New lot type: Cinema (and Theatre maybe if you have Get Famous)
    New transport type: Gondola
    New NPC: Chaperone, Matchmaker
    New Job: Wedding Organizer
    New CAS option: Chemistry (and sexual orientation maybe)
    New music: Jazz from TS1 Hot Date and something similar to french and italian romantic music
    New interactions: For example - Dance in a duet, more Woohoo options, more proposal, more flirt ect.
    New world events: Banquetes (in elegant clubs) and Movie Festivals

Supermodel Life

Expansion type: Game Pack
    New world: Fashion valley (6 community lots - 2 catwalks, 2 clubs, 1 museum, 1 to develop
    New lot type: Catwalk
    New NPC: Fashion Critic
    New Job: Fashion designer, Model
    New CAS option: Height
    New music: TS1 Superstar soundtracks
    New world events: Fashion week

Winter Adventure

Expansion type: Game Pack
    New world: Alpine Town
    New lot type: Ski slope
    New NPC: Skiing instructor
    New world events: Ski races

Oriental Life

Asia oriented Expansion pack.

Neighbors

Pack related to neighbors interactions.

stuff packs:
    - IKEA
    - H&M
    - Inditex
  • Options
    Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Schocki2 wrote: »

I would love that
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king