Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looks Like People Are Already Starting to Twist LGR's Words in His Sims 4 Review

In both discussions about his review I have seen this, and I've even seen signatures that take almost everything out of context to make the Sims 4 look bad. Sometimes I think that people just WANT this game to fail, because all I see from them is focusing on all the negative points, and forgetting that anything positive about the game was said in LGR's review of the game. They keep focusing on things he said like the "The game wasn't worth the price" and then somehow translating that into "LGR thinks the game is boring and overpriced" when that wasn't what he said at all. He said the game was indeed fun, though he doesn't like the fact that it costs $60-100 dollars. While this is the first Sims game that has gone past the $80 USD mark, Sims games are indeed overpriced.

He likes the game, he thinks it's fun, he just doesn't like the price of the product. That is all there is to it. Stop turning it into something that you want to hear.

Comments

• Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    I agree. There's someone's sig made up of nothing but the negative comments. This is very misleading to people.
  • Options
    daltondougdaltondoug Posts: 618 Member
    People lose stuff. People feel like they lost limbs. People yell and lose more stuff. Life's like that.
  • Options
    HouseLannister23HouseLannister23 Posts: 68 Member
    What do you expect? Haters only see one side of the story and never focus on the good points.
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    daltondoug wrote: »
    People lose stuff. People feel like they lost limbs. People yell and lose more stuff. Life's like that.

What?

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member
    Katnap wrote: »
    I agree. There's someone's sig made up of nothing but the negative comments. This is very misleading to people.

I distinctly remember someone claiming everyone else was spreading positive propaganda, too.

Weird how that works.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    If you've watched LGR's previous videos, you could guess he wouldn't have agreed with the price. But I've always seen him as an open-minded reviewer.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    Linnyxx17Linnyxx17 Posts: 2,016 Member
    lol yes the negative nannices do only focus on key words. heres an example. on of the local three trolls (won't name names) commented on a thread that the OP mentioned that the game quickly lagged when like a sim was walking. and everyone was saying turn origin offline (which is true do to pop ups from the gallery)

and this local troll just comes out of nowhere going "The Sims 4 is laggy i knew it!" lol i tell you i raised my eyebrow and scratched my head on that one. it was like a huge bridge that it just jumped over lol
    tumblr_mamn3vZ7sj1rgw3q8o1_500.gif

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*
  • Options
    zombieghostgirlzombieghostgirl Posts: 419 Member

Thank you. You really put that into perspective.
    I study psychology. I am often observing social interaction and human behavioral patterns which means you are all my lab rats each time you post.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    He says that about a lot of the sim games that he reviews, not worth the money, but he said he like it. in fact a big Yes
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    What I took from his review (which I loved) is what I felt after 2 days of playing....

Amazing game? Totally not.
    Fun? Heck yes, a lot of new/different things to do and try out
    Terrible? Totally not.
    Over priced for current content? Personally, yes. It feels like a step back rather than taking something currently (or in the past) and improving on.
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    If you've watched LGR's previous videos, you could guess he wouldn't have agreed with the price. But I've always seen him as an open-minded reviewer.

Exactly.

He pretty much said TS4 should've been half the price because it left out a bit too much to warrant paying that much for a base game. Not a terrible game. Pretty fun, actually. But not what he was expecting/hoping for, even for a throwback lover. Wait for the price to significantly decrease and enjoy.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    He also mentioned he was talking from the POV of someone who loved TS3, and that the game seemed to harken back more to TS1 and TS2. I thought it was great for him to qualify his opinion that way, because for folks (like me) who loved TS2 but didn't like TS3 so much, I think the game is even more appealing and possibly worth the money. (It was worth the money for me).

I highly respect a reviewer like LGR who points out that his opinion is subjective (he actually said, "In my subjective opinion"). Some reviewers play at being objective, but that's a really hard thing to do. Our likes and dislikes are fed by our experiences, making all of our opinions subjective.
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    I'll buy it when it's priced fairly for what I think I'm getting.
  • Options
    UntrustedlifeUntrustedlife Posts: 555 Member
    Yea, its a bit irritating, look at the one above me for example, there sig is quite negative, but at lest they didnt quote LGR badly.
  • Options
    Mylita wrote: »

What?

Mylita

I was being a bit humorous. What I meant is; people lose features they like, and they act like it's a big deal - as if they had lost a leg or whatnot. They don't care about the consequences - all the hate could very well be bad for the franchise, but even then they still do it. And if the franchise is taken out, they lose more. That happens not only in this case in particular, but many others. Life is like that.

That's what I meant, anyways

• Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    Yea, its a bit irritating, look at the one above me for example, there sig is quite negative, but at lest they didnt quote LGR badly.

If only there were a way to make a siggy with POSITIVE comments in it, and post it on YOUR signature line!
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    In both discussions about his review I have seen this, and I've even seen signatures that take almost everything out of context to make the Sims 4 look bad. Sometimes I think that people just WANT this game to fail, because all I see from them is focusing on all the negative points, and forgetting that anything positive about the game was said in LGR's review of the game. They keep focusing on things he said like the "The game wasn't worth the price" and then somehow translating that into "LGR thinks the game is boring and overpriced" when that wasn't what he said at all. He said the game was indeed fun, though he doesn't like the fact that it costs $60-100 dollars. While this is the first Sims game that has gone past the $80 USD mark, Sims games are indeed overpriced.

He likes the game, he thinks it's fun, he just doesn't like the price of the product. That is all there is to it. Stop turning it into something that you want to hear.

Yeah I saw his review, and I can safely say 90% of the entire review was him saying he liked the game. The only things that annoyed him were the load screens, the missing things from sims 3, and the price tag. Guess they missed where he threw up on the screen:

Is the game worth getting?
    YES***
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member
    To be fair though, he did not recommend purchasing it at it's current price, and he did say that the game wears out its welcome fairly quickly. He didn't trash it, but it was hardly a glowing recommendation. I'm not hating, but it's not fair to twist the review in a positive direction either. It was a fairly mixed review, like a lot of them have been. Confirmation bias can run in both directions.
  • Options
    It's like as if LGR was jesus. And now we can all make religions on what he said. Yays!
  • Options
    meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member
    MsPhy wrote: »
    He also mentioned he was talking from the POV of someone who loved TS3, and that the game seemed to harken back more to TS1 and TS2. I thought it was great for him to qualify his opinion that way, because for folks (like me) who loved TS2 but didn't like TS3 so much, I think the game is even more appealing and possibly worth the money. (It was worth the money for me).

I highly respect a reviewer like LGR who points out that his opinion is subjective (he actually said, "In my subjective opinion"). Some reviewers play at being objective, but that's a really hard thing to do. Our likes and dislikes are fed by our experiences, making all of our opinions subjective.

I generally like his reviews, because they are fair and informative. Ironically, My opinions are often the opposite of his, because his favorite EPs are usually the one that I have mixed feelings about, but he gives a thorough enough picture for me to form an opinion.
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Agreed. It's sad when people take a statement, not just here, and twist it or edit it to fit their views.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited September 2014
    It's like as if LGR was jesus. And now we can all make religions on what he said. Yays!

*pictures a religion with Duke Nukem as the deity* That could be either really interesting or extremely bad depending on perspective, but it made me laugh.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,590 Member
    Hi, :mrgreen:

This seems OT... (if he said to wait for a lower price then I guess I agree with him). I don't watch or read reviews but I remember so many waiting to read what he said. :)