Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Americana Series: [NEW] Victorian - The Ellsbeth (PG. 6)

Comments

• Options
    KaylyRedKaylyRed Posts: 309 Member
    Thank you, @rosemow and @Ash072! You guys are very kind. Makes me want to keep building. :)
    Download the Americana Series! Sears catalog kit homes and more from 20thCentury America. Additional manors and community builds in my Showcase Thread.| Origin ID: KaylyRed

• Options
    twinklekztwinklekz Posts: 166 Member
    I love it!! Dutch colonials are my fave!! :D Really good job!
  • Options
    iamdalisseiamdalisse Posts: 17 New Member
    You are so good at making houses! They all look very unique.
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    Great build @KaylyRed. I love how easily it seems to be able to create interesting roofs in TS4. I haven't purchased the game as yet - was waiting for a sale but I may cave in now I finally got my computer back from repairs since the building tools seem awesome. Makes up for not having CFE. I created a Sears build in TS3 and the roof was so difficult. TS4 seems to be a perfect match for your skills. Way to go :-)
  • Options
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Great build @KaylyRed. I love how easily it seems to be able to create interesting roofs in TS4. I haven't purchased the game as yet - was waiting for a sale but I may cave in now I finally got my computer back from repairs since the building tools seem awesome. Makes up for not having CFE. I created a Sears build in TS3 and the roof was so difficult. TS4 seems to be a perfect match for your skills. Way to go :-)

Thanks, @soocoolsim! Roofs are a TON easier in TS4. Although, Dutch Colonial roofs in TS3 weren't terribly difficult either if you knew the trick. But still, I like TS4 roof functionality a thousand times better. I spend a whole lot less time fiddling around with roofs now.

Hope to see you playing TS4 soon. Show off some Sears (and other catalog kit homes) pride! ;)
    Download the Americana Series! Sears catalog kit homes and more from 20thCentury America. Additional manors and community builds in my Showcase Thread.| Origin ID: KaylyRed

• Options
    lovelylyssia095lovelylyssia095 Posts: 381 Member
    Your homes are absolutely gorgeous!! There nicely decorated and I really love the color schemes. You should continue to build. I agree that the roof tool is a lot easier now. Usually, my roofs come out horribly, but they are a lot better now :)
    23692626361_214389dd31_c.jpg
    Link to Showcase

Link to Gallery
    Origin id: avnewton
  • Options
    Thank you, @lovelylyssia095! I should have a new Craftsman build coming to the Gallery today. :)

• Options
    VerionaVeriona Posts: 505 Member
    Always a great build Kay ^_^
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    You're welcome @KaylyRed! I look forward to it :)
    Link to Showcase

Link to Gallery
  • Options
    THE APPLEWOOD - Sears Modern Home No. 264B155

This 1916 Sears catalog kit home has Craftsman styling. 3 bedrooms, 3 baths. I did update the original layout some (removed a pantry to create a 1st floor bath, and juggled the upstairs bedrooms to create a master bath.) As always, I tried to recreate the exterior as faithfully as possible. Hope you enjoy!

09_14_14_1_26_PM.png

The original design...

16sears-264b155.jpg

09_14_14_1_26_PM_2.png

09_14_14_1_26_PM_3.png

09_14_14_1_26_PM_4.png

09_14_14_1_35_PM.png

09_14_14_12_37_AM.png

09_14_14_12_38_AM.png

09_14_14_12_38_AM_3.png

• Options
    skull_ookieskull_ookie Posts: 62 Member
    You're really skilled at recreating old homes! Beautiful work! I particularly love your latest creation :)

Riddles and Rabbit Holes: A Sim 4 Legacy Blog ~ riddlesandrabbitholes.wordpress.com
  • Options
    VerionaVeriona Posts: 505 Member
    You are always so on point with recreating the homes, awesome job!
  • Options
    Really, really beautiful! You are great at recreating homes :)
    Link to Showcase

Link to Gallery
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    The Applewood is a very nice recreation of the home! :) The exterior looks very nice and reflects the inspiration home well! The red shade of the exterior looks nice. Nice front porch where sims will enjoy sitting on the seat there watching other sims pass by their house. The flowers and rocks along the edge of the front porch looks pretty how you have placed them and the birdbath is a nice touch there. The flowers look nice on the side of the house too. Very nice living room. The green colour of the sofa and armchairs looks very nice with the colour of the walls. Sims will enjoy sitting resting there watching tv or reading a book from the bookcase. It looks nice how you have placed the wall lights either side of the tv. The plants on the coffee table and beside the tv are nice natural touches for sims to enjoy seeing. Great study desk nook area under the staircase! Sims will like using the computer at the desk table there or reading a book whilst sitting there. The floral picture on the dining table wall creates a nice dining atmosphere for sims whilst they are enjoying eating a meal. The basket of eggs is a nice homely touch on the table.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    ZarrielZarriel Posts: 475 Member
    Very nice!
    Origin ID:
    coollogo_com-31276450_zps25ba3967.png

• Options
    pchapmanpchapman Posts: 260 Member
    @KaylyRed Great homes. I would be hard pressed to pick a favorite. The drawing you posted for the Applewood, what it cost in the day would not even buy a nice shed now days! :smile:
    Origin ID for Sims 4: patti2297
    Follow me on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/27640240@N08/

• Options
    EEtheridgeEEtheridge Posts: 585 Member
    Lovely lots, thanks for sharing them!!
    MyTS4Signature_zpsa6ba606a.jpg
    View my homes in the Gallery, Origin ID: EEtheridge
  • Options
    FischioFischio Posts: 319 Member
    Wow your recreations are fantastic :mrgreen: especially your latest The Applewood <3 It looks so perfect. Great work!
  • Options
    xale90xale90 Posts: 209 Member
    edited September 2014
    Good job. Cozy interiors:)
    Bjork-animated-fix3sec_zpse5f5950f.gif ModernMansionDesign_zps90f720d8.gif Modern-House-Design_zpsf4076eb9.gif GJmTYrF.gif nfh_zps4d3443dd.png
    Click on each image to see the house
  • Options
    MadScientis7MadScientis7 Posts: 135 Member
    Very nice, I am really liking the Applewood
    View and Download my random builds | MadHouse Renovations | View and Download my random CC Madness | ID: MadScientis7
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Oh! That is adorable! I like the shape and the chimney looks so nice there! Lovely living room and dining area. <3
  • Options
    MatthiaMatthia Posts: 107 Member
    I love Applewood! Very nice job on recreating that one, it looks amazing! Very nice home to raise a family in. :)
  • Options
    tikacaketikacake Posts: 1 New Member
    I love these houses. I used to build them when I played Sims 2
  • Options
    safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    I love your work. Although I've heard of Sears, being British, I've my familiarity is lacking. This Americana series has been great in broadening my knowledge of Americana and American architecture in general. I particularly love the living room in the Applewood house. Really good work.
  • Options
    Thank you, all! I'm glad you like the latest and appreciate your comments. :)

@safersaviour - I love learning about architecture, so I'm glad to share something that helped broaden your own knowledge. The Sears homes were catalog kit homes that were usually shipped by rail and then assembled on-site in the early- and mid-20th century. Sears is probably the best known kit home seller, but there were quite a few others, such as Aladdin and Montgomery Ward (Wardway). If you're curious at all, here are a couple of sites with information:

Wikipedia - Sears Catalog Homes

AntiqueHome.org