Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Americana Series: [NEW] Victorian - The Ellsbeth (PG. 6)

Comments

• suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    I love your work! There are some Sears homes in my area, and I think you have done them perfectly. In fact, I'm pretty sure I've been fawning over a local Mitchell for years and years.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • ZarrielZarriel Posts: 475 Member
    There's some serious cuteness going on here, Kayly! I'm a house fanatic and I love these!
    Origin ID:
    coollogo_com-31276450_zps25ba3967.png

• KaylyRedKaylyRed Posts: 309 Member
    Hmm. I've been trying to post a link for @twinklekz, and the forum keeps eating the post. I don't know if it's going into a moderation queue or what. Anyhow, check out antiquehome.org for Montgomery Ward (Wardway) plans. That site is truly awesome. :D
    Download the Americana Series! Sears catalog kit homes and more from 20thCentury America. Additional manors and community builds in my Showcase Thread.| Origin ID: KaylyRed

• juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    Great work! loving all them
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Sparkysim2Sparkysim2 Posts: 359 Member
    I love them all. I'm in the process of deleting all the houses in my Legacy hood and replacing them so it will at least look a little different. A couple of yours would be a welcome change.
    "If I don't remember it, it didn't happen." CM
    Thanks, @junceda! And @Sparkysim2, I hope you download and enjoy them. :)
    Download the Americana Series! Sears catalog kit homes and more from 20thCentury America. Additional manors and community builds in my Showcase Thread.| Origin ID: KaylyRed

I like doing houses from plans sometimes. I did a few from Coastal Living Magazine for TS2. And have used plans just to get my creative juices flowing. Now, am I the only one having problems finding items in the Gallery? I can't find anything under the orgin id KaylyRed. Is that your Orgin id? And just found 1 house in Americana. Please help.
    ok finally got it. I guess the trick is to use no caps.
    Sparkysim2 wrote: »
    ok finally got it. I guess the trick is to use no caps.

Glad you found them! Sometimes the system seems a little fussy. They're all tagged #Americana (I think I remembered to tag them all, at least), but not all of them come up. Sometimes I'll search for my tags and I won't find them. (And yes, I'm filtering for ALL. I think Maxis really needs to make All the default, not Maxis. Too many people seem to have trouble with that.)

Anyhow, enjoy! I'd love your feedback. :)

• NancyBekinsNancyBekins Posts: 13 New Member
    You're houses are great, you've kept as close as possible to the original floor plan and that's really cool. Love the pictures, I LOVE The Mitchell and would love to add it to my game :) Keep up the great, creative work!
  • JoseffJoseff Posts: 546 Member
    Very nicely designed homes, particularly The Celeste! Great job. :)
  • evclm6evclm6 Posts: 458 Member
    Your houses are terrific. I especially love the Castleton , the Celeste and the Bellwether.
  • Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    I love the fact you find inspiration from some place and then recreate it in the game engine. And you do it EXTREMELY well! Congrats!
    5sXtTqH.png
  • MrSnappMrSnapp Posts: 9 New Member
    Definitely well done. I'll be trying it out in game soon.
    Thank you ALL for your kind words! They make me want to keep on building. :)

@Ash072 - I really do enjoy trying to recreate old houses from catalog plans; it's challenging and a lot of fun. Surely I'm not the only one who notices houses when I'm out and about and thinks, "I know how I could make that [roof line, chimney, window arrangement, etc.] in The Sims!" hehe

• 22calprincess22calprincess Posts: 103 Member
    I love your homes! They are so charming :D I've been playing The Sims since the first installment but I'm brand new to the forums and community. I'm sure there's a way to follow your designs (I'm also not big into social media so following is a mostly foreign concept to me) I hope to figure it out because I want every single thing I've seen you post!
    I love your homes! They are so charming :D I've been playing The Sims since the first installment but I'm brand new to the forums and community. I'm sure there's a way to follow your designs (I'm also not big into social media so following is a mostly foreign concept to me) I hope to figure it out because I want every single thing I've seen you post!

When you're playing TS4, you can go into the Gallery and search for KaylyRed, then there's a Follow button. Thanks for following, and thanks for the nice compliments!

edited September 2014
    The 1923 Martha Washington is Sears home No. 13080 from the Honor Bilt catalog! It features a large living and dining space, three bedrooms and three bathrooms. Once again, I took a few liberties with the internal layout, but the exterior is as on-the-money as I could get it. :)

09_13_14_12_45_AM_3.png

The original 1923 specs...

MWash_cat_1921.jpg

09_13_14_12_46_AM.png

09_13_14_12_46_AM_2.png

09_13_14_12_46_AM_3.png

09_13_14_12_47_AM.png

09_13_14_12_47_AM_2.png

09_13_14_12_47_AM_3.png

09_13_14_12_48_AM.png

09_13_14_12_48_AM_2.png

09_13_14_12_49_AM.png

• 22calprincess22calprincess Posts: 103 Member
    @kaylyred thanks for the info! I'm gonna try it out as soon as I'm home from work!
  • starladustangelstarladustangel Posts: 11 New Member
    I love your houses. I also enjoy building midcentury homes. I haven't share anything yet but my main Sims 4 family lives in a modified version of a 1940 Aladdin homes plan "Hamilton."
  • shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    Ooh a new one! I love that style of home there few similar ones around me but not many. I am going to start following your profile so I don't miss any more awesome uploads.
    Again wonderful job and I hope you have a lovely weekend. :)
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

@starladustangel - Can't wait until you share some! :)

@shadowcat85 - Thanks for the very nice compliment! I <3 new followers. :D

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Marsha Washington is very nice! :) You have reflected the original in simform very well! Very nice exterior of it! The windows area in the roofing looks great! It looks great how you have used the spandrels in the front entrance area. It looks very nice how you have placed the windows in the build and nice texture that you have used for the exterior. The flowers and rocks look very nice how you have placed them outside the front of the house. Great back patio area for sims to enjoy cooking on the BBQ and eating outdoors at the red umbrella covered table, enjoying the sunshine. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! Nice living room area for sims to sit resting on the sofa or armchairs having a chat or watching tv, warming up in front of the fire. The floor rug looks great there. It looks great how you have ah archway through to the dining room. Very nice design of the kitchen! The island curved kitchen bar stool counter is great! Nice type of bar stools that you have used there. The fruit bowl and tea set are nice touches on the counters. The blue colour of the kitchen walls looks nice with the brown and black of the furnishings. Very nice bedrooms! Nice patterns that you have used for the walls of the kids and master bedrooms. Very nice fireplace sitting area in the master bedroom for sims to enjoy sitting resting warming up in front of the fire. The wall lights look nice placed either side of the master bed, and candles on the bedside table are a nice touch. The robe hanging on the bathroom wall looks great.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    @kaylyred - Another great build!
    5sXtTqH.png