Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Americana Series: [NEW] Victorian - The Ellsbeth (PG. 6)

Comments

• Options
    shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    Absolutely beautiful homes! I will definitely be adding them to my game tomorrow. Wonderful job! :)
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• Options
    shamwaoshamwao Posts: 13 New Member
    They're such great houses! I think the Brookside is my favorite.
  • Options
    htairchix3htairchix3 Posts: 875 Member
    Love all of your builds. My favorite is The Bellwether,after that i fell in love with The Castleton. :p I will be getting them all as soon as I load my game. Still waiting for my computer. Fabulous, outstanding work, 10 Stars. :D
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Very nice exterior of the Bellwether! :) The colour and texture of the exterior looks very nice and great design of the exterior! The tower is great! It looks very nice how you have used and placed the windows in the build! Nice front steps entranceway to the home. The back upper balcony is nice for sims to sit out on the seat there and enjoy the views. Very nice design and furnishing of the kitchen! The wall pattern is nice, and looks nice with type of kitchen counters and cabinets that you have used. The wooden kitchen flooring is nice . Nice wall pattern that you have used in the bathroom and the floor tiling is nice.
    It is a very nice home. :)
  • Options
    PIumbobPIumbob Posts: 36 Member
    @KaylyRed - Your houses are beautiful! Super stylish! Love your work! :)
  • Options
    AimForTheHeadAimForTheHead Posts: 805 Member
    I love the homes you've created! The interiors seem so cozy :) well done!
  • Options
    KaylyRedKaylyRed Posts: 309 Member
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for the nice comments, all! Is there any style you'd like to see me attempt next? I was thinking Prairie, but I'm open to other ideas. Needs to be something you'd see in a very typical housing style in the United States, since that's what I'm going for with this series. :D
    Download the Americana Series! Sears catalog kit homes and more from 20thCentury America. Additional manors and community builds in my Showcase Thread.| Origin ID: KaylyRed

• Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    WOW! Your houses are gorgeous! I especially love the Italiante. <3
  • Options
    Added a new Dutch Colonial home, The Marquette, in post #1. Hope you enjoy!
    Download the Americana Series! Sears catalog kit homes and more from 20thCentury America. Additional manors and community builds in my Showcase Thread.| Origin ID: KaylyRed

• Options
    The Marquette is very nice! :) Very nice exterior of it! It is great how you based it on a Sears build. The roofing looks great! Nice garden area at the back for sims to enjoy growing and harvesting plants in the garden boxes. Nice front porch. It looks nice how you have placed the flowers and plants along the edges of the porch. Nice living room area for sims to enjoy sitting relaxing on the sofa watching tv in front of the fire. Nice study desk area on the side of the staircase. Sims will enjoy sitting reading a book at the desk. The coat stand in the bedroom is a nice touch. It looks great how you have used the arch to go through from the living room to another room.
    It is a great home! :)
  • Options
    Thanks again for your thoughtful comments, @rosemow!

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Just for fun, here's the original Marquette house plan:

23sears_marquette.jpg

And here's my version...

09_07_14_9_40_PM.png

• Options
    sashrafsashraf Posts: 2,960 Member
    Great Houses!
    You did a fantastic job of recreating them. :)
  • Options
    lauriej0823lauriej0823 Posts: 411 Member
    great homes I love the sears homes and it is nice to see them recreated for sims 4.
  • Options
    TheMatteo0TheMatteo0 Posts: 509 Member
    Wow, all of these lots are really great, wonderful attention to detail and a beautiful quaint design to them!
  • Options
    great homes I love the sears homes and it is nice to see them recreated for sims 4.

@lauriej0823, thank you! I love the Sears homes, too. I'm planning on doing a bunch of Sears and Montgomery Ward home builds, so keep an eye out for them if you're interested! :)

• Options
    Added another Sears home - The Mitchell! It's an English (I've heard it referred to as neo-Tudor) bungalow. Check out more photos on page one of this thread, second post. Meanwhile, here's a comparison of the catalog home versus my rendition. Again, I took a few liberties due to lot size and TS4 limitations, but I think it's close. :)

1936sears_mitchell.jpg

09_08_14_5_49_PM.png

• Options
    The Mitchell is very nice! :) Your simversion form of the inspiration home reflects it so very well! Very nice exterior of the house! The roofing looks great! The flowerbox windows and awnings look very nice. It looks nice how you have placed the flowers along the front of the home. Nice furnishing of the interior. The coat and hat stand in the foyer is a nice touch. Very nice master bedroom! Nice type of bed that you have used and the wall lights on the bedhead wall look nice either side of the bed. The flowers on the bedside table are nice for sims to see when waking in the mornings. The clock on the other bedside table is a nice touch. Nice curved kitchen counter in the kitchen. The fruit bowl is a nice kitchen touch on the counter. The texture of the kitchen walls is nice. The type of wall lights that you have used in the kitchen look very nice!
    It is a great home! :)
  • Options
    MatthiaMatthia Posts: 107 Member
    I really love these houses! :D I love the different styles of houses you made. Thanks for sharing! :)
  • Options
    twinklekztwinklekz Posts: 166 Member
    I am fascinated by the Sears homes and I spent hours looking at pics and plans of them on websites! I've always wanted to attempt one... :) Someday! Yours are amazing and really capture the character of those houses! Definitely gonna move my family into one!
  • Options
    Also Aladdin homes were pretty amazing too! :)
  • Options
    tdewdtdewd Posts: 927 Member
    I love your homes, particularly the Marquette. It looks so real! I love the roofline especially. I hope you keep on building because I like what I'm seeing!
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    WOW! All your builds are simply wonderful! Brilliant job! <3
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone! @twinklekz, I like the Aladdin homes, too! There are also some great Montgomery Ward houses. There's one that's very similar to the Sears Marquette (which I made above). We have one in our town that I drive by when I take my daughter to school each day. I just love the fact that people in the early 20th century bought these plans and materials and built these houses for around $5000. Can you imagine? :)

• Options
    Gonna have a quick google of Montgomery Ward! I love when they have pictures of the real houses in the present day! So fascinating! Would love to own one!!