Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cheat for moving needs up and down?

jordanmountsjordanmounts Posts: 4 New Member
Hello, Does anyone know a cheat to move the needs up and down like we could on sims 2 and 3? I have the testingcheats true and make needs static or dynamic, but how do i adjust them myself?

Comments

• esse10esse10 Posts: 34 Member
    I put "testingcheats true" then I press shift and click on the sim, press cheat needs or something like that and then make happy
  • simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    Aside from draining them. filling them, turning them dynamic or not you don't do anything, it doesn't work the same way that sims 3 did.
    HSon1Mq.png
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    You can do 'testingcheats on' and shift+click the sim and there will be the option to make them happy under the needs like said above, I can't remember the exact phrase. You can do it from the mailbox too and make everybody on the lot happy. There's no way to do individual needs though.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • TwistedMexicanTwistedMexican Posts: 652 Member
    EIisabetta wrote: »
    You can do 'testingcheats on' and shift+click the sim and there will be the option to make them happy under the needs like said above, I can't remember the exact phrase. You can do it from the mailbox too and make everybody on the lot happy. There's no way to do individual needs though.

Silly, of course there is. I just discovered it actually ^_^

fillmotive motive_Bladder

Replace Bladder with any of the need names.

[Sims 4 Cheat Resource] || [My Mods - Base Game] || [My Mods - Expansions]
    [Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

I'm now on Twitter. I'd love it if you joined me there :)
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member

Yay! Thank you.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • jordanmountsjordanmounts Posts: 4 New Member
    Yeah, I just wish we could adjust them as we liked like we did on sims 2 and 3 and not have to type the cheat in all the time :( i like for their needs to be good all day but when it gets night time i like for them to go to bed! lol so i like to adjust them on my own
  • MaryVannMaryVann Posts: 78 Member
    > @jordanmounts said:
    > Yeah, I just wish we could adjust them as we liked like we did on sims 2 and 3 and not have to type the cheat in all the time :( i like for their needs to be good all day but when it gets night time i like for them to go to bed! lol so i like to adjust them on my own

Me too! This is so cumbersome having to type it in. I also wish we had could use relationship sliders like in Sims 3.
  • jessicajoejessicajoe Posts: 9 New Member
    i do testingcheats then hold shift and click on the mailbox. it says something about make household happy then (holding shift) hit the mailbox again and i think it's disable household needs decay or something like that. and you'll see the option about disable world needs decay(?) so when you go out, your needs don't go down.
  • JuicySharpieJuicySharpie Posts: 52 Member
    Is it just me, or does the testingcheats true cheat reset everytime I load on to a new lot?
  • L_R_TL_R_T Posts: 6 New Member
    > @JuicySharpie said:
    > Is it just me, or does the testingcheats true cheat reset everytime I load on to a new lot?
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure it does reset; at least for me it seems to
  • shamelesshaydenshamelesshayden Posts: 2 New Member
    Also when you go into Build/buy and travel you have to reset the needs
  • micandra_cmicandra_c Posts: 51 Member
    edited September 2014
    It's a game bug and real annoying. Maybe a hacked object can be made like the magic mirror.
  • JuicySharpieJuicySharpie Posts: 52 Member
    Yeah cause I always have to type it in again D:
  • Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    The testingcheats shift and click on sim/mailbox doesnt work. Well not for me anyway.
  • kelseymarie620kelseymarie620 Posts: 15 Member
    > @MaryVann said:
    >
    There is a cheat to adjust relationships for Sims, friendship and romance. If you haven't seen it, it's "modifyrelationship <yoursimsfirstname> <yoursimslastname> <targetsimfirstname> <targetsimlastname> -/50 Friendship_Main/Romance_Main" which ever one your intending to add or subtract to, though don't put a + sign for increase only the - to subtract from the established relationship. Just make sure you put in the testingcheats true prior. I have noticed with this it will only increase the relationship for the first Sim listed, I had increased my Sims with friendship and romance with another Sim and then had the target Sim move in. While my Sims relationship bars were filled, theirs was still very low, though all actions were accepted.
  • SagenlySagenly Posts: 1 New Member
    Okay so..
    The cheat for filling needs is 'fillmotive motive_(need)'
    But what is the cheat for DRAINING the needs?
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,287 Member

That is way cool. I usually end up just cheating them all up 'make happy', but sometimes I just need them not to be tired, but I want them hungry because they're going out to eat, or somebody is already grilling the food. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    I use a mod ui cheats extenstion, its an awesome mod. You basically can put there needs up and down whenever you need to. Also relationships and skills. Check it out if you dont always wanna type testingcheats in.