The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help with removing clothing reflections?

So I’m working on some cc, and I was wondering if anyone could help me out.
I’m trying to recolour the crop tops with bows on them, and I’m having an issue with the bows. I was able to remove the bow pattern and everything just fine, but once I put the clothes in game, the sequins from the bow still show up.
Now, I'm brand new here so apparently I can't attatch images, but here is a link to one, sort of? Just put dots where there are spaces :p

31 media tumblr com/92ed371daea0ac978ca9a04be8fbbf0c/tumblr_inline_nbc863IBun1r3sqvg.png

It doesn’t look too bad in the screenshots, but in game it’s definitely noticable. They reflect and shine as your sim moves..
Any suggestions?

Comments

• AarthurAarthur Posts: 6 New Member
    Problem solved!! Well, mostly... You're still able to see the bumps from the sequins if you zoom in in live mode, but at least the shine is gone!! :D
  • kiwisims4kiwisims4 Posts: 36 Member
    how did you remove the shine ? by replacing another spec file over the original ?
    > @kiwisims4 said:
    > how did you remove the shine ? by replacing another spec file over the original ?

Not quite, although I've heard about this method!

I'll try to explain what I did the best I can without a screenshot!!

What I did was re-open the file in s4pe, and once it opens it up there's 5 files there:
    IMG (swatch thumbnail)
    CASP (lots of text)
    UNKN (shirt)
    UNKN (white shirt trim)
    UNKN (blank)
    Then I selected the blank file and deleted it, then saved my shirt again, and poof, no more sequin shine!!

But, like I mentioned, when you zoom in in live mode the sequin bumps can still be seen, which is where I'm stumped :/
    But hey at least it's not sparkly haha
  • kiwisims4kiwisims4 Posts: 36 Member
    HAH nice ! i managed to get the spec file to open but it corrupts my item wen i save the updated dds
    > @kiwisims4 said:
    > HAH nice ! i managed to get the spec file to open but it corrupts my item wen i save the updated dds

Thanks!
    And awe no!! :( I wish I knew more about this stuff I don't know how to fix that D: