Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Legacy: The Harper Heirdom

lightnatlightnat Posts: 10 New Member
Hello and welcome to my legacy thread!!

This will be what I call a "casual" legacy. As in, I don't keep score, but still use the basic restrictions. So how will that work?

The male founder of this legacy will be succeeded by a true-born son (as in patriarchy, strict traditional, random). All play will continue from this premise. However, the heir will be fully realized at one of two points, whichever happens first: 1) the current head-of-household dies or 2) the eldest eligible child becomes a young adult (the age at which one can claim the title of "heir"). If no son has been born by the time one of these conditions is met, a daughter may claim the title. But once claimed, it is fixed-if a daughter reached adulthood before her younger brother was born, the daughter remains the heir. Rather than re-rolling the heir every time an eligible child is born, though, I will put it up for a vote. If I do not receive enough votes, the firstborn child becomes the heir.

But, I like to issue myself an extra creative challenge to keep things interesting. As such, each head of the generation will have a certain overarching quality, which will be determined mainly by personality. An art or music lover? A bookworm? An athlete? An aspiring chef?
Whatever the role may be, the individual will be fully committed to it. It will be their passion. As such, all children born during that generation will be named accordingly.

So let us begin, shall we?

***UPDATES/TRACKING HERE***
Founder chosen: Tommy Harper, the Hipster Bartender
Currently working on Episode 1.
Post edited by lightnat on

Comments

• lightnatlightnat Posts: 10 New Member
    edited September 2014
    The blog/site for this legacy can be found at:
    alightlegacy.wordpress.com

I want to thank everyone for voting in the "Choose My Founder" poll!
    Thanks to the tremendous response, I have now closed the poll.

The results had a tie for first place between hipster Tommy Harper and goofball Andrew Finch, followed closely by romantic Christian Brooks. I have cast the tiebreaker vote*, and while I do root for the underdog as much as anyone, Tommy was the first Sim I created for Sims 4, so I am a bit partial to him. So Tommy Harper will lead my legacy, now called the Harper Heirdom.

I hope that you will still be interested in the adventure, even if your favorite founder didn't win. As a thank you, I am releasing the group of all 5 founders into the community. My ID is the same (lightnat) and the group is called...Legacy. Because I'm clever.

Thanks again-and stay tuned for Episode 1!

*As I did run a poll, I tried to do this as fairly as possible...in fact, upon review of all 5, my personal vote went to Christian ;).
    Post edited by lightnat on
  • dlmetzlerdlmetzler Posts: 14 New Member
    I vote Christian Brooks. He's a cutie <3
    Thanks for voting! First vote-WOOT!
  • zombiesquirezombiesquire Posts: 32 Member
    I like Andrew Finch! Adorable goofball got me :)
    The Dupont Legacy - http://sims4living.tumblr.com

ORIGIN ID - zombiesquire
  • LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
    I also voted Christian. Who doesn't love the hopeless romantic? :P Good luck!
  • Lindie_DBLindie_DB Posts: 38 Member
    I vote Mike Sullivan. Because the very square jaw is interesting, and I'd be interested to see how that translates into offspring.
  • FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    I vote Andrew Finch! A sense of humor is such a great quality for any long-term relationship, and it would be fun to see how long you can keep his ginger hair displaying in the genes. :)
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • Ace0fJacksAce0fJacks Posts: 58 Member
    Ill toss my vote in for Andrew Finch. He seems more like an underdog than any of the others, and I always love a good underdog story! :p
  • simbody872simbody872 Posts: 828 Member
    I cast my vote for Tommy Harper :)
    A Legacy Challenge. The Benton Legacy
    A Prettacy Challenge It Ain't Easy Being Green
  • freeanpfreeanp Posts: 62 Member
    I like James. It will make for more diverse genetics down the line. :)
  • RoseAzulRoseAzul Posts: 497 Member
    I like Tommy! Tattoos aside, he sounds awesome lol.
    Shhh!

• mcemeemcemee Posts: 59 Member
    I agree! Tommy Harper all the way! I love his swag and style! LOL!
  • MightySparksMightySparks Posts: 80 Member
    I vote Andrew (I'm biased because I do love seeing ginger genes working through the family :P )
  • NicoletteSimsNicoletteSims Posts: 364 Member
    Andrew Finch! Gingers forever!!!
    Links on my wall:
    >>The Eastman's: Sun/Wed/Thurs>>Days Of Golden: Mon>>Catching Up With The Clarkes: Tues/Fri
    Wow! Thanks for voting, everyone!!