Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sims4 has stopped working

lauriej0823lauriej0823 Posts: 411 Member
edited September 2014 in PC - Technical Discussions
everytime i load game when it connects to server i find this message in my action center. the game runs fine and i am exceed specs. it only occurs the first time i load and it goes from offline to online there is no crashing game remains open it just says not responding and i have blue swirl for mouse pointer. once i am connected to server there is no more messages until next time i load game.

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: TS4.exe
Application Version: 1.0.625.10
Application Timestamp: 53ed5fc4
Fault Module Name: TS4.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.0.625.10
Fault Module Timestamp: 53ed5fc4
Exception Code: c000001d
Exception Offset: 01a52a57
OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a03
Additional Information 2: 0a03dfe9634e082e86857375cb4c43c3
Additional Information 3: 05fe
Additional Information 4: 05fe203e0d76590a5b3d61dd89b1fa41

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 7ca99f3b638514161aceaec6abec7f1e (73453927520)

Comments

• Options
    JLynn22JLynn22 Posts: 88 Member
    we (my sister and i) figured out what the issue was since i knew it wasnt either of our rigs.
    it was in fact, the auto save feature!

we were loading up/playing on .bad saves because the auto save feature is still bugged.
    we did a lot of testing with new families with and without the auto save, we did some testing with "save as" and did a lot of deleting from the saves+scratched folders - we've come to find that the auto save is indeed the culprit.
    id say overall, we spent 3-4 hours after we got home from work on skype [she lives down the street from me] working on this.

we've been playing successfully with our "save as" files and havent had any issues thus far. *fingers crossed*
    i hope some patches are put out sooner than later, the auto save would be super great if it wasnt causing conflicts and errors with our save files.

due to what i think is totally warranted paranoia we are "save as"ing with new save names every 10mins JUST IN CASE of a crash.
    we got to about an hour with this method, it can get a bit bothersome but we are progressing in our games. my main sim has already reached a milestone in her career [thanks to the sims wonderful new multitasking system], but itd be swell if we didnt need to save so frequently as it does interrupt progess.
    lookit my lousy sig
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    this happens before I go into the game when the game is on main loading screen and on bottom it says I am offline and it then says not responding while it goes online. I have no problems with saving the game as I check the time stamps. I also found another message in my event viewer about a missing file.
  • Options
    Cass9Cass9 Posts: 27 New Member
    There is no need to save quite that frequently. I save when my Sims go to bed for the night, after any build changes, after promotions/age-ups and just before I minimize the game to do something on the internet or in real life to keep problems from happening when a cat walks across my keyboard.

I've found this to be more than enough saving so if there is a problem I only lose a few Sim hours up to a Sim day of play.
  • Options
    renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    I am having this problem as well. When I'm loading up the game, the loading plumbob freezes and I have to click somewhere for it to recognize that it's not working. Then, I click "Wait for the program" and wait it out and, eventually, it loads, but it's just really cumbersome to wait for it every single time the game loads.
  • Options
    this is another message I found in event viewer

Windows cannot access the file for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program The Sims™ 4 because of this error.

Program: The Sims™ 4
    File:

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
    User Action
    1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
    2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
    - It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
    - It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
    3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
    4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
    5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data
    Error value: 00000000
    Disk type: 0
  • Options
    installed game via origin on windows 7 laptop and no messages in reliability history or event viewer
  • Options
    Cherylw_04Cherylw_04 Posts: 1 New Member
    I am having the same problem as Renzilla, I open up the sims and it gets as far as their map, but I can't go any further as the site crashes and I get a problem error saying their is a plugin missing... at first I thought it was my internet, but apparently more people then me are having the same problem. It seemed to occur after the last update. So I'm trying to wait out for the next one.
  • Options
    SimmindipitySimmindipity Posts: 674 Member
    Same issue is happening to me...

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: TS4.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.728.0
    Application Timestamp: 541cba5f
    Fault Module Name: TS4.exe
    Fault Module Version: 1.0.728.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 541cba5f
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00c99e4e
    OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 7c9a
    Additional Information 2: 7c7f300e8ed889ff9eacaf10fc86faf6
    Additional Information 3: 4760
    Additional Information 4: 7a855bd3130fcc2ff6ae8fd4f9fb3997

Read our privacy statement:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409
  • Options
    problem seems to have been fixed with today's update.