Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I've compiled an extended list of Cheats and Commands

Comments

• Madiza86Madiza86 Posts: 158 Member
    Fatescruel wrote: »
    My Mods folder looks like the following:
    BsLXzel.png

When I startup the game, it looks like the following:
    QBwhhpE.png

For some reason I cannot seem to get the mod to work... I have performed the following steps:

1. Downloaded the mod and extracted it 1 time to the C:\Users\User\Documents\EA\The Sims 4\Mods directory.
    2. Launched The Sims 4.
    3. Enabled Scripts in the Options Menu under the Other category.
    4. Restarted The Sims 4.
    5. Loaded my saved game.
    6. Typed in testingcheats true.
    7. Pressed ENTER.
    8. Typed in tm.unlockall.
    9. Pressed ENTER.

Nothing happens after I type in "tm.unlockall" and press ENTER.

Do you have a sim living in the house you want to use those items in?
  • FatescruelFatescruel Posts: 110 Member
    I have used other script mods that require a zip file and they worked fine. The "Time Speed Changer" Mod over at Mod The Sims operates with the same functionality. You place the zip folder into the Mods directory of your game and it should work.

Hmmm... I wonder what the problem could be.
    QxkUasu.png
  • TwistedMexicanTwistedMexican Posts: 652 Member
    I have used other script mods that require a zip file and they worked fine. The "Time Speed Changer" Mod over at Mod The Sims operates with the same functionality. You place the zip folder into the Mods directory of your game and it should work.

Hmmm... I wonder what the problem could be.

Currently reward unlocks are tied to households, so you need a household on the lot for the cheat to work, maybe that's your problem?
    [Sims 4 Cheat Resource] || [My Mods - Base Game] || [My Mods - Expansions]
    [Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

I'm now on Twitter. I'd love it if you joined me there :)
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    Forgive me if this is redundant. Is the objects unlock supposed to work for all items? I installed it my mods folder as the directions instructed but it seems many are still locked up.. am I doing something wrong?
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
    edited September 2014
    I tried loading a saved game and using the mod with a household, and I tried going into Manage Worlds and using the mod. No luck.

I even tried re-launching the game and reversing the above mentioned method of testing. Still no go.
    QxkUasu.png
    edited September 2014
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    Forgive me if this is redundant. Is the objects unlock supposed to work for all items? I installed it my mods folder as the directions instructed but it seems many are still locked up.. am I doing something wrong?

It adds the cheat to unlock items. You still need to open the cheat console and type
    tm.unlockall

for a lot you wish to unlock all objects on.

Also make sure "Script Mods" is checked in your game options > "other" tab. If it isn't, check it and restart your game.
    [Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

I tried loading a saved game and using the mod with a household, and I tried going into Manage Worlds and using the mod. No luck.

I even tried re-launching the game and reversing the above mentioned method of testing. Still no go.

Sorry for repeating myself but I think you should start from scratch - clear any instance of my mod out of your mods folder.
    1. Redownload the mod.
    2. Open it
    3. Open your mods folder
    4. Drag the tmex-unlock.zip from the download's window into your mods folder.
    5. Start sims 4.
    6. If the script is listed there, it's loaded.
    7. Go to an active residential lot, as if you were going to play that household.
    8. type in tm.unlockall

If you get a "Unlocking..." message, it means the mod is trying.
    If you then get a "All Items Unlocked" message, then it succeeded.

Let me know if that works, if not let me know at which point it stopped working in the steps above.

• DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member

It adds the cheat to unlock items. You still need to open the cheat console and type
    tm.unlockall

Also make sure "Script Mods" is checked in your game options > "other" tab. If it isn't, check it and restart your game.

Do you have to turn on testingcheats?
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif

tm.unlockall

Do you have to turn on testingcheats?

Nope.

Ok @TwistedMexican. I will give that a go.
    QxkUasu.png
    Everything worked right up until I typed in tm.unlockall and pressed ENTER. There was no response from the system.
    QxkUasu.png
    Everything worked right up until I typed in tm.unlockall and pressed ENTER. There was no response from the system.

and you're doing this on a lot with an active household?

It does not work without an active household on the lot.

edited September 2014
    I am. In fact, I tried loading my game save and even using the play button.
    QxkUasu.png
    I am. In fact, I tried loading my game save and even using the play button.

Out of curiosity can you just make a new sim and move them into an empty lot, and see if it works then?

Ok, I will try that.
    QxkUasu.png
    Starting now, I just cleared out all of the game saves.
    QxkUasu.png
    Nothing is working yet.

@TwistedMexican What game version are you using?
    QxkUasu.png
    Nothing is working yet.

@TwistedMexican What game version are you using?

Whatever the newest is, the game updates automatically.

Ahh well, I can always use the career and skill level cheats that you have released. B)
    I will figure it out another time then.
    QxkUasu.png
    Ahh well, I can always use the career and skill level cheats that you have released. B)
    I will figure it out another time then.

Really weird :\ Sorry it's not working.

• EndlessSims3EndlessSims3 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Okay something happened now I can not use this cheat I did 7 for each Sim in household on Stats.set_skill_level Comedy 10 wont work anymore just stopped working any idea why? I spelled all correctly now just stopped working. Help thanks

Major_Comedy

lol I realized it when I went back into game I think I need to go to bed I have been up over 24 hours and my eyes are getting blurry lol....

• EndlessSims3EndlessSims3 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Tooha wrote: »
    Madiza86, I've looked into why some items didn't show up for you. It seems like a lot of the unlockable items, especially the ones that go on walls or ceilings, spawn BELOW THE GROUND. I found that to be the case with the pot racks, the stove hoods, the spy satellite, and the balloon banner. Looking at the gsi_create_obj command, there seems to be a way to set the X-Y-Z position of the items, but I can't seem to figure it out (maybe TwistedMexican can?). I'm a bit puzzled as to why other stuff like the wedding pillar and flying llama don't show up, they spawn just fine on the ground. So I'll post the object ids of the 11 items you requested. I've marked the ones that spawn below the ground as UNSAFE.<br />
    <br />
    Balloon banner: 0x0000863F *PARTIALLY UNSAFE* (in my game, the balloons are visible, so this may be okay)<br />
    Wedding pillar: 0x0000918B<br />
    Flying llama: 0x00009041<br />
    VIP bucket: 0x00008266<br />
    Satellite: 0x000074AA *UNSAFE*<br />
    Heavy Dutiest Pot Rack: 0x00009033 *UNSAFE*<br />
    Professional pot rack: 0x0000E06D *UNSAFE*<br />
    Pot rack, oval: 0x0000E076 *UNSAFE*<br />
    Discretion hood: 0x00007760 *UNSAFE*<br />
    Pro performance hood: 0x0000886F *UNSAFE*<br />
    Obelisk: 0x0000887E *UNSAFE*

oh yeah so true it happened to me if there was away for those spawning things wished they would go straight in to our inventory in the build/buy mode that would be good if somehow create it to do that?
    Might be possible. When you are in Build/Buy Mode, there is a feature that enables deleted objects to be placed inside of your Sim Household Inventory. Perhaps there is some code there, that can be modified to do the same for the spawn objects cheat.
    QxkUasu.png
    edited September 2014
    @TwistedMexican When I installed the deluxe edition and updated my game, the mod seemed to work. :)
    Post edited by Fatescruel on
    QxkUasu.png
    @TwistedMexican When I installed the deluxe edition and updated my game, the mod seemed to work. :)

So all good for you now? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top