Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Installation (Origin UK)

JoseffJoseff Posts: 546 Member
So I received my copy of The Sims 4 in the post today ( a day early being in the UK) and I've inserted Disc #1 and when it comes to the origin screen, there's a small window saying "Origin - Activate The Sims 4". The only problem is it's a blank window and has stayed the same for about 15 minutes now with no images, icons, installation screens etc. I'm not sure whether it's because being in UK the game isn't "officially" released until Midnight making it Friday but there's some sort of issue that seems to be preventing me from installing.

Comments

• Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I don't believe you'll be able to activate until the official release time in your area.
  • Options
    AtomicusAtomicus Posts: 2,438 Member
    Wow where did you order it from to get it early?
  • Options
    JoseffJoseff Posts: 546 Member
    > @Atomicus said:
    > Wow where did you order it from to get it early?

Shopto.net. I didn't even realized I'd pre-ordered months ago until I got the email saying it had been dispatched yesterday. They're renowned for early deliveries.
  • Options
    AtomicusAtomicus Posts: 2,438 Member
    Wow awesome! Congrats. :smile:

And like MsPhy says, sadly it won't unlock until midnight. :cry:
  • Options
    Thursday10pmThursday10pm Posts: 193 Member
    @Joseff my game arrived this morning too (Ireland). Origin allowed me to preinstall, using both disks but I cannot play until midnight. It should install for you.
  • Options
    Joxer4GabbyJoxer4Gabby Posts: 185 Member
    I had the same when I got simcity. I don't think origin will let you play till its out
  • Options
    OceanBlue10OceanBlue10 Posts: 361 Member
    I got mine today - gamestop.