Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you LIKE about The Sims 4?

We all know everybody's complaints about The Sims 4 base game, but I'm curious as to what people feel have improved gameplay? Try and be creative too, it's the little things, you know.

Do not post dislikes. Make your own thread for that.

My own opinion on the game after a good day of playing it:
  1. The loading times are very much improved
  2. The build/buy mode is infinitely faster and easier to use (once you get the hang of it)
  3. While the emotions don't seem to live up to their full potential as advertised, I do feel that they add a certain element of depth and character to the sims
  4. The graphics are simpler yet somehow much improved
  5. The sims seem smarter, at least smart enough to hold 3/4/5-way conversations and move around other sims, and they seem to multitask well---this is nice because it allows you to build relationships and skills much faster and in a more realistic way
  6. The walking styles are ridiculous (in a good way)
  7. Baby cow plants are awesome
  8. Woohooing in the rocket is my sims new favorite past-time
  9. Gardening is actually fun now, being able to splice and replicate plants, while not needing to discard your old plants after they've "outlived their usefulness", rather you can "evolve" the plant now to improve it's quality
  10. Teens can "mess around"! :#
  11. Hanging out with other sims seems more realistic and easy-to-use
Welcome to the forums!
hD8C13932

Comments

• lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    edited September 2014
    I love the new career system and having changing goals to advance. It was way too easy to advance in sims 3 careers. I love all of the painting options. I'm working on a painter right now and she's by far my favorite sim so far. The exploring is ok, I do like finding the different gems and rocks with the different buffs, but I got bored with that last night so I tried a couple careers instead. I'll stick to Sims 3 when I want to explore :)

Eta: I also discovered today you can double click on a dish to have your sim wash it. I like it.
  • LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    sims can get fat
    bills are much steeper
    children are awesome!
    teens are fun too
    gotta say it, but emotions~
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited September 2014
    sims eating on a couch will take their plate to the table if another sim sits down to eat.
    They carry their drink with them also and will put it down on the nearest available surface.
    They will talk with a whole room of sims at the same time.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I love everything about it. My favorite thing is that I feel like my sims have a productive day even when they have to work. I love that the careers are harder to advance in now since you kind of have to focus on that skill if you want to advance quickly (which is no fun). The multi-tasking is an amazing feature that I am so happy to have now. I actually don't mind the smaller neighborhood. I find it to be the perfect size and I really don't miss the extra stuff like I thought I would. I'm sure they will add more community lots with more expansions, but overall I don't miss them. So far my only issue is that my sim had twins and I accidently gave them the same name. I don't like that they don't show you immediately that your sim had twins. I thought something was wrong and put the same name in again, not realizing it was twins.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • ModseyModsey Posts: 1,468 Member
    I like CAS, not just the sculpting tools for sims' face/bodies but also the more current, up-to-date fashion styles and definitely the multitasking in live-mode
  • RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    Lightests wrote: »
    bills are much steeper

That's a good thing?
  • Hellbiter88Hellbiter88 Posts: 916 Member
    edited September 2014
    Goth583 wrote: »
    I love everything about it. My favorite thing is that I feel like my sims have a productive day even when they have to work. I love that the careers are harder to advance in now since you kind of have to focus on that skill if you want to advance quickly (which is no fun). The multi-tasking is an amazing feature that I am so happy to have now. I actually don't mind the smaller neighborhood. I find it to be the perfect size and I really don't miss the extra stuff like I thought I would. I'm sure they will add more community lots with more expansions, but overall I don't miss them. So far my only issue is that my sim had twins and I accidently gave them the same name. I don't like that they don't show you immediately that your sim had twins. I thought something was wrong and put the same name in again, not realizing it was twins.

You can use a cheat to fix your sims names :p
    Try "CAS.fulleditmode" followed by "testingcheats true" then SHIFT + Left click on your sim

EDIT: Wait until they're at least children though, haven't tested on babies!!!!!!
    Post edited by Hellbiter88 on
    Welcome to the forums!
    hD8C13932
  • DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    I love.......

the aspirations.. they took sims 2 aspirations and gave us something to work for.
    the different skills that children can do.
    rotating outfits and there's no maternity clothes, just the regular clothes
    the romance interactions!!
    the voices of the children are adorable.
    the incentives to get promotions at work, so you are not mindlessly "working hard" every single day.
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
  • DCPuppyGirlDCPuppyGirl Posts: 1,318 Member
    1. Bills can be payed online or by phone
    2. I love that there are pregnancy tests
    3. I love the emotions, especially that uncomfortable walk when they have to pee.
    4. It is harder to become promoted.
    5. It's harder to get good grades in school
    5dK3aTu.gif
  • MaclimesMaclimes Posts: 513 Member
    I know it gets beaten to death, but multitasking, multitasking, and multitasking.

I have a couple that share a home. She is an aspiring astronaut, he's a painter. I arranged their living room/study/kitchen area so that his easel is sort of centrally located between her chess board, treadmill, and their kitchen. So they are CONSTANTLY improving their relationship and social need. He's painting while she's on the treadmill, and they're still flirting and discussing the day's events. He's cooking dinner while she's practicing chess, and they're chattering away the whole while. He looks from his book to blow her a kiss while she's grabbing a late-night snack.

It's just ... so robust. There's so much potential for it all, I'm constantly discovering new ways to use it every time I play.
    Maclimes wrote: »
    I know it gets beaten to death, but multitasking, multitasking, and multitasking.

I have a couple that share a home. She is an aspiring astronaut, he's a painter. I arranged their living room/study/kitchen area so that his easel is sort of centrally located between her chess board, treadmill, and their kitchen. So they are CONSTANTLY improving their relationship and social need. He's painting while she's on the treadmill, and they're still flirting and discussing the day's events. He's cooking dinner while she's practicing chess, and they're chattering away the whole while. He looks from his book to blow her a kiss while she's grabbing a late-night snack.

It's just ... so robust. There's so much potential for it all, I'm constantly discovering new ways to use it every time I play.

Agreed. You can never have too much multitasking, especially while building skills or relationships.
    Welcome to the forums!
    hD8C13932
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited September 2014
    Basic things I like:

1-My game ran for at least 12 hours (I wasn't constantly on it but it was constantly running.) No crashes and no freezes that I know of and that's on ultra settings.
    2-I really only saw clipping a couple of times and saw no routing issues.
    3- Sim creation is fairly intuitive HOWEVER it needs tweaking. I'd go to enlarge eyes and and up moving them or visa-verse.
    4- Building is as fast and easy as you want or as drawn out as you want.
    5- So far my loads screens last 5 seconds max

Family style things I like:

1- Sims do seem more drawn to each-other like they did in TS2. (In ts3 they felt very disconnected)
    2-They initiate interactions with each other that aren't basic friendliness or joking things on a regular basis
    3- the husband and wife were each working on skills and chatting and flirting away with each other
    4- it is more of a challenge for kids to get their grades up
    5- the baby being born did not send my sims child into a tantrum (this must only happen with some kids)
    6- Children are more engaging than in ts3
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • MaclimesMaclimes Posts: 513 Member
    I wonder if a Sim in the shower can chat with a Sim on the toilet. XD I'm gonna try that later.
  • sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    The Sims react unexpectedly all the time.
    The load times are so much faster than TS3. So, SO much faster.
    The interactions between Sims are more dynamic
    The pregnancy test
    That morning sickness isn't just the first trimester
    NO MORE DISAPEARING RECIPES!!!!
    The Rocket Ship
    I love the world, it's so pretty, yet looks like a video game
    The effect of the TS3 Bonus Lamps
    Multitasking...though musical dinner chairs is annoying.
    Sorting by function in Buy Mode is now a drop down menu
    Emotions...I really didn't expect to like this part of it, but I absolutely love it.
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

• GabbryroseGabbryrose Posts: 839 Member
    I love that there are so many new ways to interact with each other and with objects in the world.
    I love how the reactions to various situations/objects are so strongly influenced by their moods.
    I love the little tiny things that you catch while watching them and didn't expect, like blowing kisses across the table at each other, and the way my sim shivers with glee when her husband walks in the room.
    I love that they can sit at the kitchen table eating a meal, and make phone calls at the same time.
    I love how there are SO MANY recipes to choose from and that there are many more than the ones that we usually get in the sims games. (And how there were actually new recipes included with the DLC for the deluxe version!)
    I love how making mixed drinks at the bar is more than just spitting out a platter of four identical drinks.
    I love how you can be standing in the middle of the sidewalk talking to someone and a sim you've never met walks by, and you can actually introduce yourself to them and they will join in your original conversation.
    I love that you can find upgrade parts out in the world and use them to upgrade appliances and other objects.
    I love that you can write books related to your other skills WITHOUT having a high writing skill. (Like being able to write cookbooks when your cooking skill is up)
    I love that you can plant flowers in the yard that actually grow and need tending.
    I love that the plants and trees don't all look identical to each other.
    I love that you can collect SO MANY different items and that a lot of them can be used for mood boosts, or broken down into base elements.
    I love that you can build a rocket ship from a kit in a box and then use it to go to space!
    I love the fact that there are so many sims wandering around in the world and on the community lots.
    I love that you can bake a variety of cakes and that every one of them can be a birthday/wedding cake. (You know someone out there wants a hamburger cake for their wedding.)
    I love that sims actually eat the leftovers in the fridge, and that you can tell how long they have before spoiling.
    I love that the game actually feels challenging when you have to work harder to get promotions and make money, plus leveling up aspirations gives the game more to do than just play a sandbox.
    Maclimes wrote: »
    I wonder if a Sim in the shower can chat with a Sim on the toilet. XD I'm gonna try that later.

haha, let me know how that goes
    Welcome to the forums!
    hD8C13932
  • jayjonesiejayjonesie Posts: 7 New Member
    Promotions involve more than just skills
    Interact more with neighbors
    Easier to visit other lots
    Emotions
    Multi-tasking (you can pee AND read a book at the same time)
  • Robyn536Robyn536 Posts: 590 Member
    The fact that every day your sim will put on a new outfit.

Utilities get turned off rather than a repo man coming and taking your toilet.

You can see how your party is going while it's going on.
  • FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    The way the sims look
    Sims gaining/loosing weight
    Build options
    the ease of dl lots and sims
    how alive my sims seem
    Multitasking
    The graphics
    Emotions
    No lag or sims freezing in place
    Game loads fast
    The various animations the sims do while going about their day
    Freygea wrote: »
    The way the sims look
    Sims gaining/loosing weight
    Build options
    the ease of dl lots and sims
    how alive my sims seem
    Multitasking
    The graphics
    Emotions
    No lag or sims freezing in place
    Game loads fast
    The various animations the sims do while going about their day

Thank you for reminding me! I forgot to include how much I approve of the live gallery. Definitely helps with expanding the world and sharing creations with other people.
    Welcome to the forums!
    hD8C13932
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Goth583 wrote: »

You can use a cheat to fix your sims names :p
    Try "CAS.fulleditmode" followed by "testingcheats true" then SHIFT + Right click on your sim

EDIT: Wait until they're at least children though, haven't tested on babies!!!!!!

Thanks so much! They are children, I aged them up because I have that crazy baby glitch. Game is perfect, everything is sharp as it should be, but those dang babies keep coming out looking cray-cray!

https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • yhuntresseyhuntresse Posts: 94 Member
    The Sims are not as needy and don't take forever to garden and clean things like TS3.
  • GabbryroseGabbryrose Posts: 839 Member
    I also love that the routing is much better. They seem to spend significant less time standing around stomping their feet over not being able to get to stuff. And, they will now walk up stairs side by side!
  • VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    I will give some credit where its due and it IS due with some things, some big things, some small things.

Food now visibly ticks down on the time before its spoiled, and you can see how many servings are left. Small change, big difference.

Being able to paint, chat with and listen to music with another Sim who is woodworking at the same time. Yeah that's pretty cool.

The upgrades to handiness skills, furniture making. They should have had that in TS3, its really cool and deserves to be expanded on.

Rounded fencing, I wish they would have done that with walls too but its still pretty cool.

Flowers added to gardening, because now its actually gardening instead of exclusively farming.

Being able to put columns through fence posts and it lines up to look pretty good.

Fast motion seems smoother than I ever remember it being before.

Crafted decor like painting given the secondary function with emotions adds value to what I'm doing.

I haven't beat the pants off the game yet so I'm sure I'll think of more later.

Vlaxitov wrote: »
    I will give some credit where its due and it IS due with some things, some big things, some small things.

Food now visibly ticks down on the time before its spoiled, and you can see how many servings are left. Small change, big difference.

Being able to paint, chat with and listen to music with another Sim who is woodworking at the same time. Yeah that's pretty cool.

The upgrades to handiness skills, furniture making. They should have had that in TS3, its really cool and deserves to be expanded on.

Rounded fencing, I wish they would have done that with walls too but its still pretty cool.

Flowers added to gardening, because now its actually gardening instead of exclusively farming.

Being able to put columns through fence posts and it lines up to look pretty good.

Fast motion seems smoother than I ever remember it being before.

Crafted decor like painting given the secondary function with emotions adds value to what I'm doing.

I haven't beat the pants off the game yet so I'm sure I'll think of more later.

Thanks for sharing :)
    Welcome to the forums!
    hD8C13932