Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Planned Wedding was awesome!

I saved up my $1000 for it and it asked how many Sims to invite. I invited I think 15 of them and had it at the retro type bar that is all on the second floor. The game ran so smooth even with all those Sims and now I wished I had invited more. The place was packed! It really felt like a wedding reception and a rocking one at that. Minor problem is that unless I missed something, they really need to tell you to bring food and a wedding cake with you to the wedding. I had a caterer but for the life of me, I didn't see any food there at all other than the chips served at the bar. Including the wedding cake which was all I needed to get a Gold wedding. Even with that the wedding was just so cool looking and a lot of fun. I bet a big party will be too. Haven't done that yet.

Comments

• Smidgieroo3Smidgieroo3 Posts: 457 Member
    That sounds so fun! Do you have any pics? I would love to see them. Still waiting for my copy to arrive.
  • SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    pictures?
  • BokimbolBokimbol Posts: 503 Member
    Ha ha, sorry too busy playing the game to take pictures. I just never remember to do so. If I think of it the next time I will.
  • JayFireflyJayFirefly Posts: 427 Member
    Weddings are one of my favorite parts of this game so far! The interactions are priceless.
  • MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    I'm so excited for parties in this game! HURRY UP AND DISPATCH MY COPY GAME!
    tFU6JMe.png
  • SpyderArachnidSpyderArachnid Posts: 13 New Member
    edited September 2014
    Did the same thing too with the wedding event, except held it at the park.

Which in turn, was awful lol. Hired a caterer, a musician, and a mixologist. Yet there was no food, no drinks, and no music. We just sat at the park doing nothing but talking.

Guess you have to go buy all this stuff and set it up before you start the event or something. Which is odd, seeing as you hired these guys, they should provide this stuff. Otherwise, what am I paying them for? :|

But still got married in the end, and got a silver medal still. Just wish it was the hired help actually brought their stuff....
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I totally botched my first planned wedding hahahaha. I had it at the Museum (because it had a lovely garden) and had to quickly add a wedding arch, bar, and catering equipment through buy mode. (At least we no longer have to go into edit town to do that! LOL).

The party still turned out well, but next time I will be more prepared and do it at my house or in the park where I have established a real wedding section off in the corner under some nice trees.

The new vow interactions were endearing and I like how the ceremony lasts a bit longer. The sims are adorable gushing all over each other at the altar. I also enjoyed how you could gush about your partner to other sims before and after the wedding. It's just a sweet little event all the way around. I enjoyed the changes and how the betrothed could interact with one another... though I will NEVER utilize that leave sim at the altar option. So cruel. :( It will make for some funny sim stories, though. lol
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
    JayFirefly wrote: »
    Weddings are one of my favorite parts of this game so far! The interactions are priceless.

Was I missing something about not having any food at my wedding or am I right and I needed to bring it myself?
    My first wedding I had in the park and I didn't bring anyone or anything with me. I then realized you have to cook your own cake or hire a chef in a lot that has a kitchen available. When you hired the musician did they actually play at the wedding?
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    Do all the guests sit down and react to the wedding? Even with Generations installed weddings in Sims 3 are very hard to perfect.
    Catering equipment! "Boki smacks his head." Never even thought of that or the wedding arch.

Yeah, if you have the wedding at a bar, the drinks are not a problem. happy accident that on my part. Or if you have it at your house and there is a bar there.
    All of them react but I found not all of them sit down.
    My first wedding I had in the park and I didn't bring anyone or anything with me. I then realized you have to cook your own cake or hire a chef in a lot that has a kitchen available. When you hired the musician did they actually play at the wedding?

I think they played. LOL. I was too busy running around because it was so crowded. No, they did play as I saw a violin sitting on the ground and I do remember music when i first got there before it got hectic.

The guest walked around and mingled all over the place. Then when you clicked on your spouse they all went in a sort of half circle around them and watched.
    Do all the guests sit down and react to the wedding? Even with Generations installed weddings in Sims 3 are very hard to perfect.

I botched mine with very poor planning (IE: I didn't plan at all hahaha. Hey you pay $1,000 so I thought it would just set up a wedding spot for me or some miraculous occurrence that totally didn't happen rofl).

Anyway, when I began the vows, the sims left the catering area and filed out to the wedding arch. Some sat, others stood and looked appropriately emotional. No one started bawling that I saw, but people were STILL coming to the wedding arch when it finished. I was an idiot and put the catering and wedding arch on totally opposite sides of the venue. The catering area was on the second floor of the museum, which made it even worse.

Next time I will put the catering and bar area closer to the wedding arch.. which is honestly common sense, but I had no idea what I was doing and was rushing around like a tard. lol I'm going to try a more ideal setup again later today and see what the results are.
    Bokimbol wrote: »

Was I missing something about not having any food at my wedding or am I right and I needed to bring it myself?

You need to bring it yourself OR hire a caterer. If you hire a caterer, though, the venue needs to have a kitchen for him/her to cook in. If you hold the wedding on your home lot, this is obviously not an issue.

• jesirose_2jesirose_2 Posts: 31 Member
    I tried to do a wedding and my fiance left as soon as we got there, and wouldn't come back. My poor Sim got left at the altar :(
    Oh no, jesirose! That's awful. >.< It told me that my fiance wasn't on the lot the first time I tried to start the wedding. He was, though, just on the far side of it. Once my sim moved closer to him, the option to say vows became clickable once more on the wedding arch.
  • Sapphire_Sim16Sapphire_Sim16 Posts: 127 Member
    My first wedding didn't go as planned either lol. I thought that everything you needed for a wedding would just show up since we have to pay. I had it at the museum and there were some major problems lol.

The ceremony was cute except when they started, everybody walked through the wedding arch instead of from the other side -_-. I hired a caterer, mixologist, and a musician. The musician played the piano all night and it was lovely. The caterer didn't cook but I finally figured out why. The museum doors disappeared when I changed the foundation height. So we had no cake but everybody drank and ate chips lol.

Today I'm going to convert the museum into a wedding venue so I won't have those problems anymore lol.
    My first wedding didn't go as planned either lol. I thought that everything you needed for a wedding would just show up since we have to pay. I had it at the museum and there were some major problems lol.

The ceremony was cute except when they started, everybody walked through the wedding arch instead of from the other side -_-. I hired a caterer, mixologist, and a musician. The musician played the piano all night and it was lovely. The caterer didn't cook but I finally figured out why. The museum doors disappeared when I changed the foundation height. So we had no cake but everybody drank and ate chips lol.

Today I'm going to convert the museum into a wedding venue so I won't have those problems anymore lol.

That is a really good idea!

• meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    I totally botched my first planned wedding hahahaha. I had it at the Museum (because it had a lovely garden) and had to quickly add a wedding arch, bar, and catering equipment through buy mode. (At least we no longer have to go into edit town to do that! LOL).

The party still turned out well, but next time I will be more prepared and do it at my house or in the park where I have established a real wedding section off in the corner under some nice trees.

The new vow interactions were endearing and I like how the ceremony lasts a bit longer. The sims are adorable gushing all over each other at the altar. I also enjoyed how you could gush about your partner to other sims before and after the wedding. It's just a sweet little event all the way around. I enjoyed the changes and how the betrothed could interact with one another... though I will NEVER utilize that leave sim at the altar option. So cruel. :( It will make for some funny sim stories, though. lol

You can actually tell a sim to leave another sim at the altar? So cruel! But it might make for some fun fake weddings with Mr Lothario. Lol.

I really need to get into making little fun videos so I can re-do the "Meet my sim Don" video TS4 style.

What a GREAT idea!
  • MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    I think one of the first things I'm going to have to do when I finally get my hands on this game is create a couple of wedding lots. I'll go with a more traditional church type lot in Willow Creek and, provided the right kind of content is included with the game, a Vegas style chapel in Oasis Springs.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    There is a cute wedding chapel venue on the gallery. I downloaded and used that for my sims wedding, and they got a gold medal :) Everyone really had a great time at the wedding there was a lot of dancing and drinking etc. The only thing the wedding chapel didn't have was a piano so I just added that. It was all quite lovely :) I definitely recommend people to check out the wedding chapel on the gallery.
    WznfzGr.gif
  • MaclimesMaclimes Posts: 513 Member

Please upload that lot when you're done! I'd love to see it!

Yes you can Meggiewes! lol It gives you the option to get while the gettin' is good! I forget the exact wordage, but it was something obvious like "Leave Sim at Altar".