Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4: I Want a Divorce

I'm a hardcore Sims player. Seriously. In Sims 3, I've stayed up all night skulking around town, spying on people. And then there was Sims 4. I feel like EA is punishing me for all that midnight skulking and tomfoolery. Now I'm on house arrest with no car, I've got to wash my own dishes, I can't lock my door or keep the kids out of my bed. Making out with my boyfriend is like making out with a plaster wall. Also, he giggles. I can't go grocery shopping or bar hopping. I can't enjoy a cup of coffee outside of a bookstore. It's just plain sad. The cons have trumped the pros and I'm running back to Sims 3 with wings on my feet. For shame, EA. For shame.

Comments

• AtomicusAtomicus Posts: 2,438 Member
    edited September 2014
    Um, you can go bar hopping which is something you could NOT do in TS3 base game.

Edit for spelling.
  • DCPuppyGirlDCPuppyGirl Posts: 1,318 Member
    Sorry to see you go :( Have fun stalking people!
    5dK3aTu.gif
  • SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    I see your points and I agree but for now I am gonna stick with 4 and see what EA can get done here.
  • KaelKael Posts: 2,197 Member
    I can't remember the last time I used the bookstore or grocery store in Sims 3. Also you'd think with Mixology and bars included in Sims 4 base that you could go bar hopping....
  • BokimbolBokimbol Posts: 503 Member
    edited September 2014
    You certainly can go bar hopping. Where did that complaint come from?

There actually is a book store. It's in the bookcases.
  • Mmmyrs2Mmmyrs2 Posts: 1,348 Member
    I love buying books! I just wish they'd go to the bookcase and not clutter my inventory.
    I would rather have no bookstore or grocery store (with the hope of a REAL one returning at some point) than the TS3 horrible rabbit holes.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    7Willow7 wrote: »
    Oh come ON! It's not like I'm never going to play Sims 4 again! I'm merely discussing my own personal experience, which I'm sorry conflicts with your own.

Hmm...sounds more like a trial separation than a divorce. :P

Well, I've had fun so far, but I do agree that a lot's missing. Hope things look up in the following months. :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    7Willow7 wrote: »
    Oh come ON! It's not like I'm never going to play Sims 4 again! I'm merely discussing my own personal experience, which I'm sorry conflicts with your own.
    Um gurl so why did you ask for a divorce and say you are running back to your ex?

ibLbgSOPzTHpW.gif
  • HattyLouHattyLou Posts: 430 Member
    > @Griftt said:
    > *shrug* I wouldn't say its fair comparing what you can do in all 11 expansion packs for the sims 3, compared the base game in Sims 4... But that's just me.
    >
    > Personally I would take the one bar in Sims 4 over all the bars combined in Sims 3 just for the fact it's lively and feels like a real bar (as real as it gets in the Sim world that is lol) :)

Totally agree about the bars, I haven't got Sims 4 yet but what I've seen on videos the bars look great! Sims 3 never really had any depth to me, lots of showy content but no personality. Hoping Sims 4 reignites my Sims love!
  • SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    Mmmyrs2 wrote: »
    I love buying books! I just wish they'd go to the bookcase and not clutter my inventory.

You can drag them into the book shelves, but I agree I wish they'd just go into the bookshelf.
  • sholtxsholtx Posts: 832 Member
    edited September 2014
    I kept my expectations super low when I first played the game. It turned out it's much much better than what I expected the game would be. The game is really detailed in everything literally. But I'm with you on kissing, it's kinda weird.

By the way, have you tried cooking? It's really funny!
    beXSQcW.jpg
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited September 2014
    I am sorry you are not very happy with the game. I can't offer you too many ideas of things to do since I haven't played it yet. The Premium Edition has been sitting on my kitchen table since last Tuesday. But there is a hidden park that a friend told me about that is in Willow Creek. You could try to find that.

Edit: Spelling.
  • DiSoAngelDiSoAngel Posts: 746 Member
    As far as people who don't like the game goes...ur post is the most thoughful and the most relevant. Kudos on airing ur grievances in a way that is personal and not offensive
  • GrifttGriftt Posts: 36 Member
    @HattyLou said: Heh yeah I know, I feel the same way about Sims 3. Doubt you will be disappointed with the community lots when you get the game, love to see what they will do when they finally release clubs :D
  • HattyLouHattyLou Posts: 430 Member
    @Griftt Yay, so glad to hear, I'm so excited!
  • Mmmyrs2Mmmyrs2 Posts: 1,348 Member
    SimMommy05 wrote: »

You can drag them into the book shelves, but I agree I wish they'd just go into the bookshelf.

I know, but that is a pain. I forgot to do it to a couple and she leaves them at random places on community lots. Wish they would just go there without the hassle.
  • JeffreyCorJeffreyCor Posts: 114 Member
    Seems to be very different opinions from player to player. Personally from the amount I played so far I prefer Sims 4 FAR over Sims 3. Tweaks and such are needed to get more wanted features, but the base game I find far superior to Sims 3 and performance and gameplay superior to Sims 2. Additional careers, features, etc and it could be the best in the series.
  • Medhia_NoxMedhia_Nox Posts: 79 Member
    I'm sorry it's not what you're looking for. For me, it may be exactly what I've always wanted in a SIMS game (I don't feel a few days is enough playtime to make such a statement).

My SIMS are almost never home. When my husband SIM is at work in his rabbithole (don't mind rabbit holes at all) - his wife spends her nights bar hopping at the Lounge, the Bar or the Nightclub. And I've noticed that each brings in a different crowd (at least it seems that way so far).

Then I'm zipping over to the museum, the art gallery and the gym where my SIMS socialize and have a great time.

Haven't even been to several of the places yet - but my SIMS go home to sh-t, shower and woohoo and that's about it.
  • 7Willow77Willow7 Posts: 6 New Member
    Update: I've reminded myself that I'm comparing the Sims 4 BASE game to a fully developed, expansion packed Sims 3. Progress, people. Progress. It's like getting over that boyfriend in the the early 90's.
  • jadealixjadealix Posts: 788 Member

Why don't you put them in the bookcase lol.
  • cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    edited September 2014
    Post edited by cooli02000 on