Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Styled rooms are awesome

Finally getting around to checking out build mode and I have to say, I'm loving styled rooms. Even though I usually prefer to build all of my houses my Sims live in I'll admit I'm horrible at actually building houses but using styled rooms makes things so much easier. Just find a room that looks nice, change the color to what you want, plop it down then you can go about adjusting the room size, moving objects around, adding objects. Just an awesome little feature.

I hope they add more styled rooms in expansion and stuff packs.

Comments

• Peacocktail18Peacocktail18 Posts: 89 Member
    I agree! :D
    qWTILUF.png

• grimmsiegrimmsie Posts: 39 Member
    edited September 2014
    You can also go into any room in any house and go into build mode and save the entire room ... i have done that with several pre-built houses in the game for use in future houses I may build ... i :heart: that feature
    simsig3.jpg
  • JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    It really is amazing how much easier it is to make nice looking homes in Sims 4. The "Futuristic Feast" dining room just looked so awesome, something I probably would never have though of making. I loved the full glass windows that came with the dining room so I just copied that window and added more so the whole wall was covered in them.
    grimmsie wrote: »
    You can also go into any room in any house and go into build mode and save the entire room ... i have done that with several pre-built houses in the game for use in future houses I may build ... i :heart: that feature

Does that save to the styled room lists or are they saved somewhere else? I haven't saved rooms yet.
  • grimmsiegrimmsie Posts: 39 Member
    > @JoeWow1003 said:
    > grimmsie wrote: »
    >
    > You can also go into any room in any house and go into build mode and save the entire room ... i have done that with several pre-built houses in the game for use in future houses I may build ... i :heart: that feature
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Does that save to the styled room lists or are they saved somewhere else? I haven't saved rooms yet.

You name the room and then select the room type ... it is then saved in that section in the build mode
    simsig3.jpg
    grimmsie wrote: »
    > @JoeWow1003 said:<br />
    > grimmsie wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > You can also go into any room in any house and go into build mode and save the entire room ... i have done that with several pre-built houses in the game for use in future houses I may build ... i :heart: that feature<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > Does that save to the styled room lists or are they saved somewhere else? I haven't saved rooms yet.<br />
    <br />
    You name the room and then select the room type ... it is then saved in that section in the build mode

That's awesome. Still finding out out more about this game.