Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Oh no! ;_;

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    cowseatsoap91cowseatsoap91 Posts: 601 New Member
    edited July 2009
    have you tried just simply restarting your computer? because you almost always have to restart your computer after installing someting before you can use it.
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited July 2009
    Have you looked in Technical Forum?
    Im sure there must be other people in the same boat there.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    BellelaideBellelaide Posts: 9 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I'd like to really help, but the most I can refer you to is this thread where a SimGuru listed the course of action (and relevant links) on how to back up and do a fully-clean uninstall of the game.

Best of luck to you; I know it's frustrating, but you may have more luck on the Technical Discussion section of the forums.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/77623.page

Thanks! :)
  • Options
    AmandaGlambertAmandaGlambert Posts: 21 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Did you do the things I asked? Checking graphics drivers etc because you didn't reply.
  • Options
    anzeoanzeo Posts: 222 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Yes, I had. And it's fine. ;o;
    Also, -->
  • Options
    anzeoanzeo Posts: 222 New Member
    edited August 2009
    -->
  • Options
    SmustleQueenSmustleQueen Posts: 1,868 New Member
    edited August 2009
    You might want to send an email to EA complaining. That's what I did, since I have the same problem as you.
    This is the email I got back:

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

I’m very sorry for the inconvenience that you have experienced with the game. Before we continue may I just verify the following:

What other trouble shooting steps have you tried?
    Were you able to play the game before?
    Do you encounter a message or an error message? If yes please specify?

This could be due to several factors.please make sure that you have ended background tasks to prevent program conflicts and free up resources for the game. Please click here for instructions: http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/olh_adp.php?p_faqid=10700

Empty your Temp folder toprevent file conflicts. Click here for steps on emptyingyour Temp folder:
    http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/olh_adp.php?p_faqid=10705

In order to best troubleshootyour issue, I'm going to need additional system information.Please send me this information from a program calleddxdiag.exe. To do this:

For steps on how to sendthe dxdiag file using Windows XP, please follow the stepsbelow:

· Go to Start -> Run.
    · In the box,type the following: dxdiag
    · Click "OK"
    · Clickthe "Save All Information" button on the first screen of theapplication.
    · Then on top of the "Save As" box thatpops up, select Desktop (if it's not set to save therealready), then click Save.
    · Finally, attach thedxdiag.txt to your email reply.

For steps on howto send the dxdiag file using Windows Vista, please followthe steps below:

1. Click on the Windows Iconlocated on your taskbar. You should be able to see a TextBox after that.
    2. Type the following: dxdiag
    3.Click on "OK"
    4. Click the "Save All Information" buttonon the first screen of the application.
    5. Then on topof the "Save As" box that pops up, select Desktop (if it'snot set to save there already), then click Save.
    6.Finally, attach the dxdiag.txt to your email reply.

After we receive this file we can continuetroubleshooting the issues at hand and hopefully come to asolution.

Should you require further assistanceabout this or any Electronic Arts games in the future pleasevisit our website and review our extensive Self Helpknowledgebase (http://support.ea.com).

Sincerely,

EA Rep Sion
    Player Relations
    Electronic Arts

I responded to this email and hopefully will get a helpful answer back again. Perhaps if everyone who has this problem emails them, EA will see that it's a major issue.