Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you take a screenshot in CAS?!

I'm beyond frustrated, I enjoy creating Sims and sharing them, especially pictures of all their outfits in CAS. The 'c' shortcut doesn't seem to exist in that specific area and hitting print screen and pasting it in paint is only showing a blank box. I don't want to miss out on being able to share my creations because I can't screenshot. Please, help :(

Comments

• Options
    simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    edited September 2014
    In full screen mode I think folks use the "print screen" button on their (windows) keyboard but that just copies the image to your "clipboard" and you have to paste it into paint or something? I'm running my game in windowed mode and using windows' "Snipping Tool"... I miss the simplicity of mac's keyboard shortcut to save images... *sigh*
    I'll see if I can find something better.

*edit*
    there's this at simsVIP

In the comments I see someone says you can paste into here and save instead of paint/other editing software.

Are you playing full game or the demo?
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Options
    JezebelZombieJezebelZombie Posts: 30 Member
    > @simfeetunder said:
    > In full screen mode I think folks use the "print screen" button on their (windows) keyboard but that just copies the image to your "clipboard" and you have to paste it into paint or something? I'm running my game in windowed mode and using windows' "Snipping Tool"... I miss the simplicity of mac's keyboard shortcut to save images... *sigh*
    > I'll see if I can find something better.
    >
    > *edit*
    > there's this at simsVIP
    >
    > In the comments I see someone says you can paste into here and save instead of paint/other editing software.
    >
    > Are you playing full game or the demo?

Full game, I've tried to copy and paste using the print screen button but for some reason it's just showing up as a blank box whenever I do that. Although, this works in any other program so I'm not too sure why it isn't working for TS4. I just wish this hadn't been removed and I know plenty of other people feel the same. Maybe they'll update to allow the 'c' shortcut back into CAS.
  • Options
    KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    > @simfeetunder said:<br />
    > In full screen mode I think folks use the "print screen" button on their (windows) keyboard but that just copies the image to your "clipboard" and you have to paste it into paint or something? I'm running my game in windowed mode and using windows' "Snipping Tool"... I miss the simplicity of mac's keyboard shortcut to save images... *sigh*<br />
    > I'll see if I can find something better.<br />
    > <br />
    > *edit*<br />
    > there's this at simsVIP<br />
    > <br />
    > In the comments I see someone says you can paste into here and save instead of paint/other editing software.<br />
    > <br />
    > Are you playing full game or the demo?<br />
    <br />
    Full game, I've tried to copy and paste using the print screen button but for some reason it's just showing up as a blank box whenever I do that. Although, this works in any other program so I'm not too sure why it isn't working for TS4. I just wish this hadn't been removed and I know plenty of other people feel the same. Maybe they'll update to allow the 'c' shortcut back into CAS.

You will need to have it in windowed mode to use the print screen method.
  • Options
    YakuunYakuun Posts: 54 Member
    I wanted to know that too, and couldn't figure it out! Thanks for the help :)
  • Options
    EndlessSims3EndlessSims3 Posts: 1,077 Member
  • Options
    jauntyjaunty Posts: 3,336 Member
    edited September 2014
    I find the snipping tool that is in accessories on your computer easy to use. I can have my sim doing the feminine walk have to be in windowed mode to be able to use the tool :-)
    m0oUDbi.jpg
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    not sure how it is for other PCs but on my computer it's SHIFT+command+3
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited September 2014
    At the top of your game, on the right is the camera icon. click it. you can use that to take a picture.

I just went into the game to give better directions. Do above and then click the little camera icon on the far right top of the box that drops down. It will act like the c button that no longer works. But this icon does and it puts the pictures in your screen shot folder in the game.

Happy Simming.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    I use Fraps.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    In full screen mode I think folks use the "print screen" button on their (windows) keyboard but that just copies the image to your "clipboard" and you have to paste it into paint or something? I'm running my game in windowed mode and using windows' "Snipping Tool"... I miss the simplicity of mac's keyboard shortcut to save images... *sigh*
    I'll see if I can find something better.

*edit*
    there's this at simsVIP

In the comments I see someone says you can paste into here and save instead of paint/other editing software.

Are you playing full game or the demo?

hmm my print screen button does absolutely nothing, I also have no paint software or anything like that.

I miss how easy it was to make screenshots in The Sims 3. :(
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif