Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cheats

Do you think someone will add a cheat like the testingcheatsenabled ????

Comments

• Options
    sandygrlsandygrl Posts: 63 Member
    :) anybody
  • Options
    AxisOfAnarchyAxisOfAnarchy Posts: 10 New Member
    I'm curious about this as well. I really want to work with getting better furniture and I'm impatient (although I'm working on that within the confines of the game regardless)
  • Options
    Daniel94Daniel94 Posts: 15 Member
    You can try testingcheats on, works for me.
  • Options
    And what is the way it is used is it for there need also??
  • Options
    simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    sandygrl wrote: »
    And what is the way it is used is it for there need also??

Uh, that link had a thing for their needs... enter the cheat, shift click the sim and:
    Cheat Motive > Make Happy – Sets all motives to full and sets Mood to Happy
    Cheat Motive > Enable Motive Decay – Allows motives to change dynamically
    Cheat Motive > Disable Motive Decay – Allows motives to remain static

Those are listed in the cheats.
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Options
    DippyDesignsDippyDesigns Posts: 1,809 Member
    edited September 2014
    I saw this on another site but cannot play until midnight tonight as I am in the UK so cannot verify if these cheats work...

How to Open the Cheat Console
    To input cheat codes, open the console window with this key combinations:

PC: Ctrl + Shift + C
    A small window will appear. Type in the codes below to unlock the corresponding function.

List of Cheat Codes
    Note: Codes can be toggled on or off by repeating the code or swapped [on/off] or [true/false]

Help: Lists currently available console commands / cheat codes.
    rosebud: Instantly deposits 1,000$
    kaching: Instantly deposits 1,000$
    motherlode: Instantly deposits 50,000$
    fullscreen: Toggles fullscreen mode on or off.
    FreeRealEstate on: Makes all neighborhood real estate free.
    FPS on: Activates FPS display
    headlineeffects on: Toggles headline graphics.
    Resetsim [Sim Full Name]: Resets Sim.
    death.toggle: Toggles death on/off. When toggled off, Sims cannot die.
    testingcheats true: Enables Testing Mode.

How Testing Mode Works
    While Testing Mode is active, certain unique cheats can be enabled to alter selected objects or Sims more than is normally available to players.

To activate Testing Mode, input the code through the normal method listed above:

testingcheats true: Activates Testing Cheats Mode. Type [False] instead of [True] to deactivate.
    The codes listed below only function once Testing Mode is activated. After activating Testing Mode, open the console command window through the methods listed above.

The codes below only work once a Sim or Object has been selected.
    My Origin ID is DippyDesigns

DIPPY DOODLE on Facebook

644362_1491605541100631_1472781576571833276_n.jpg?oh=c0019c8ce2de98a0158c1aba60509bc8&oe=57C1A708

• Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    Also once you activate testing cheats, if you go through any kind of loading screen (like to a new neighborhood or into CAS) you will have to type the cheat again to use it later.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    Ok thanks for the answers i tried it it worked what if you only want to make hunger or energy to rise and not all of there moods is there away to do that instead of refreshing all of them???
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
  • Options
    xxDriftingAwayxxDriftingAway Posts: 79 Member
    I'm glad they at least decided to keep the old cheats from the older games.
  • Options
    ivan_148ivan_148 Posts: 32 Member
    I need cheat for carriers and releshionships :( :( :(
  • Options
    wrswrs2wrswrs2 Posts: 935 Member
    Am I the only one annoyed by the lack of the moveObjects cheat?
    http://ecoast.tumblr.com/ --- Simblr + Im Kreis Custom Content
    http://tmmts4.tumblr.com/ --- Top Model Magazine Cover Archive
  • Options
    simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    wrswrs2 wrote: »
    Am I the only one annoyed by the lack of the moveObjects cheat?

No, you aren't... I miss it terribly, especially for landscaping. I hope they figure it out soon and can give it back to us in a patch or something.
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Options
    Red_EmeraldRed_Emerald Posts: 7 New Member
    I hope that they will add something so we can change objects to whatever color we want and not just from their lists. Hardly anything I truly like. :\
  • Options
    Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    I hope that they will add something so we can change objects to whatever color we want and not just from their lists. Hardly anything I truly like. :\

You can already make clothing recolors... object recolors should be coming soon. That is, by using mod creation tools :)

As for an in-game tool, as I understand the technical aspect, not really possible in the current game engine. Have to do what we did in TS2 (and 1): LOTS of recolors.
  • Options
    fightingeternalyfightingeternaly Posts: 28 New Member
    > @wrswrs2 said:
    > Am I the only one annoyed by the lack of the moveObjects cheat?

I find that holding the "alt" key helps in positioning items better. Still doesn't cover everything that moveobjects did, but it does help with spacing issues.
  • Options
    wrswrs2wrswrs2 Posts: 935 Member
    Yeah but I can't move the sims which is what I usually do for my photo shoot stuff lol. That's the one thing I dislike about the game haha
    http://ecoast.tumblr.com/ --- Simblr + Im Kreis Custom Content
    http://tmmts4.tumblr.com/ --- Top Model Magazine Cover Archive
  • Options
    Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    edited September 2014
    Since this is the mods forum... and there are obviously no noobs here... I feel like it's safe to mention this:

There is actually a way to unlock a "debug mode" with a LOT more cheats for TS4... including many of the ones you're used to from Master Controller and similar TS3 mods. Currently, however, there is no simple, in-game way to access this mode; you have to use a hex editor to change a byte in a DLL. MAKE SURE TO BACK UP THE ORIGINAL DLL BEFORE MAKING THE CHANGE!

And, using the modified dll introduces at least one side effect that we're aware of: it breaks the ability to cancel interactions. However, it IS possible to swap in the modded dll, cheat up your sim's skills and career level and whatever else you want to do, and then swap it out again. Seems to be safe anyway ;) No guarantees of course!

Or you could just wait till somebody makes a mod that lets you access this stuff from in-game :) Could be pretty soon.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532735 , but don't say I didn't warn you if this leads to problems ;) Use at your own risk, and don't use it in a save where you really care about the sims!
  • Options
    TwistedMexicanTwistedMexican Posts: 652 Member
    edited September 2014
    Many cheats will work without the custom dll, I've listed them in this thread.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/778600/ive-compiled-an-extended-list-of-cheats-and-commands#latest

Awesome find though, I'd seen those commands but hadn't moved on to changing that global yet. I'll definitely be toying with that now :D
    [Sims 4 Cheat Resource] || [My Mods - Base Game] || [My Mods - Expansions]
    [Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

I'm now on Twitter. I'd love it if you joined me there :)
  • Options
    EndlessSims3EndlessSims3 Posts: 1,077 Member
    I saw this on another site but cannot play until midnight tonight as I am in the UK so cannot verify if these cheats work...

How to Open the Cheat Console
    To input cheat codes, open the console window with this key combinations:

PC: Ctrl + Shift + C
    A small window will appear. Type in the codes below to unlock the corresponding function.

List of Cheat Codes
    Note: Codes can be toggled on or off by repeating the code or swapped [on/off] or [true/false]

Help: Lists currently available console commands / cheat codes.
    rosebud: Instantly deposits 1,000$
    kaching: Instantly deposits 1,000$
    motherlode: Instantly deposits 50,000$
    fullscreen: Toggles fullscreen mode on or off.
    FreeRealEstate on: Makes all neighborhood real estate free.
    FPS on: Activates FPS display
    headlineeffects on: Toggles headline graphics.
    Resetsim [Sim Full Name]: Resets Sim.
    death.toggle: Toggles death on/off. When toggled off, Sims cannot die.
    testingcheats true: Enables Testing Mode.

How Testing Mode Works
    While Testing Mode is active, certain unique cheats can be enabled to alter selected objects or Sims more than is normally available to players.

To activate Testing Mode, input the code through the normal method listed above:

testingcheats true: Activates Testing Cheats Mode. Type [False] instead of [True] to deactivate.
    The codes listed below only function once Testing Mode is activated. After activating Testing Mode, open the console command window through the methods listed above.

The codes below only work once a Sim or Object has been selected.
    what dose that realy do the FPS? my game lags a lot and then try to click on objects and the menus hardly will pop up so I can choose what to do...there are a lot of bugs in this game...