Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Backyard Advice

What do you think? What should I change? I think there's too much concrete....BwpCulECAAAw7y5.png:large

Comments

• BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    Yes to me it has to much concrete! I think more shrubs are needed and a nice fountain dear!!
  • aware210aware210 Posts: 151 Member
    needs a birdbath
  • Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    I agree with too much concrete. How about make a fountain that looks like a pool. Sims won't be able to use it but it would look nice. Also, some shrubberies and plants with some landscape painting can flush it out nicely. Maybe a work shed for the hubby? Or a child's playhouse if your Sims have children?
    5sXtTqH.png
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    I agree that there is too much concrete! How big is this lot? If it is small maybe you can extend it? Otherwise I would make flower beds near the fence. Put some trees, bushes, ferns etc. Maybe add a fountain too? Would be a nice water feature. Are there sculptures that you can use for the garden? I do not have the game yet and so I do not know if those are available in the game.
  • amberandfreddieamberandfreddie Posts: 301 Member
    I think there's a little to much concrete as well, maybe put some bushes, shrubs and plants, things of interest throughout the garden and then have the path run through and meander around the planting instead of around the edge. I do love the house though, very nice :)
  • shay480shay480 Posts: 880 Member

Is there a picnic table in the game? I haven't had a chance to look around much yet. You could build a nice outdoor kitchen area. I've put them on most of my larger lots in TS3. They're great for outdoor parties, and we need something to replace the pools, right? :) You can find lots of inspiration for them on Pinterest.
    "I'm hungry! Bring me a neighbor!"
    b9b8f6e8.jpg
  • KaylyRedKaylyRed Posts: 309 Member
    I always add quite a few plants and some trees because I feel they make things more realistic. Also, I know I've seen a bark chip texture, but it seems to be in the floor textures and not the terrain paints (unless there's one in terrain, too; I haven't looked for it there). Maybe some bark chips along the fence instead of concrete if you don't want to spend a lot of time placing shrubs and plants? Looks great otherwise!
    Download the Americana Series! Sears catalog kit homes and more from 20thCentury America. Additional manors and community builds in my Showcase Thread.| Origin ID: KaylyRed

• SimGuruLyndsaySimGuruLyndsay Posts: 339 SimGuru
    I tried a few new things. I think ti's better! but still need to paint concrete differently....
    09-03-14_4-12%C2%A0PM-2.png
  • SimGuruLyndsaySimGuruLyndsay Posts: 339 SimGuru
    This is actually like my backyard IRL that I'm trying to redesign.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    The backyard is looking great! :) It looks great how you have the BBQ there for sims to enjoy cooking outdoors, and then they can enjoy eating the meal in the sunshine at the table on the seats. The rabbit sculptures add a great look to the area. It is great that you have placed the children's art table outdoors for child sims to enjoy doing artwork out in the outside air. The hose on the exterior wall is nice garden touch, and the sun wall decor looks nice. The plant beside the back door is nice for sims to see when they coming out through the door. It is great that you are basing your backyard on your real life home.
  • Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    > @SimGuruLyndsay said:
    > This is actually like my backyard IRL that I'm trying to redesign.

In that case, I think creating a nice border for the concrete can really add to the overall aesthetic and define the borders of the yard.

Also, this could be a great Community project! You should share it via the community and have a "Redesign my backyard, Sims style" contest! That should get you some interesting ideas for your RL yard!
    5sXtTqH.png
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Those bunnies are too cute! <3
  • SarademoorSarademoor Posts: 2,851 Member
    I agree :D The bunnies are sweet!
  • RobotosRobotos Posts: 11 New Member
    you should build a pool, NOT.
    LOL