March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

- The Sims 4 on Boot Camp & Virtual Machines -

12346...Next

Comments

• TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    Okay so it said I needed more space on the partition to install the game, but when I resized it through partition wizard, my computer restrated and now it won't let me access windows. I spent a lot of money and time on this and I don't want it to go to waste. Can anyone help?
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Corey785 wrote: »
    Okay so it said I needed more space on the partition to install the game, but when I resized it through partition wizard, my computer restrated and now it won't let me access windows. I spent a lot of money and time on this and I don't want it to go to waste. Can anyone help?

In Boot Camp? The only way to increase the partition is to get rid of it and start again.
    apple-signature.png
  • RedheadLoveRedheadLove Posts: 10 New Member
    Hey I don't know how active this forum still is but last night I purchased the Sims 4 disk and installed it through VMware Fusion under Windows 8.1 After installing the game through Origin and loading it for the first time it was EXTREMELY SLOW. and I'm not talking about the loading screens I'm talking about everything was extremely slow from create a sims (which took me 1 hour because the sliding effect was lagging so bad) to even loading the game (10-15 seconds in real time for every 1 second in sims time). I did put it in laptop mode but nothing seems to work.
    Does anyone know how to fix this or had a similar problem?
    Computer Specs:
    MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
    Processor: 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
    Hey I don't know how active this forum still is but last night I purchased the Sims 4 disk and installed it through VMware Fusion under Windows 8.1 After installing the game through Origin and loading it for the first time it was EXTREMELY SLOW. and I'm not talking about the loading screens I'm talking about everything was extremely slow from create a sims (which took me 1 hour because the sliding effect was lagging so bad) to even loading the game (10-15 seconds in real time for every 1 second in sims time). I did put it in laptop mode but nothing seems to work. <br />
    Does anyone know how to fix this or had a similar problem? <br />
    Computer Specs: <br />
    MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)<br />
    Processor: 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7<br />
    Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3<br />
    Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

How much RAM is allocated to the Windows install?

apple-signature.png
  • HamHKHamHK Posts: 2 New Member
    TS4 run very smoothly on my Macbook Pro. Details below:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)
    2.4GHz Intel Core i5
    16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Intel Iris 5xxx Graphics

Windows 7 64bit under Bootcamp 5

In-game graphic settings doesn't effect much on how smooth the game runs, on high settings my macbook gets hot sooner (according to hear the cooling fan speeds up), I mostly run on default mid setting (with high 3D object quality option and far view, also anti-aliasing off) with resolution 1280x800 (easier to read in-game buttons on a 13" display).

I hope these info provide some help & ideas for who considering get TS4 on their macbook.
    @queueing has written a great Boot Camp vs VM post here.
    apple-signature.png
  • kittycat1243kittycat1243 Posts: 1 New Member
    if i installed bootcamp and got the sims 4 on my mac would i be able to return the game when the mac version comes out?
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Yes.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.