March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

- The Sims 4 on Boot Camp & Virtual Machines -

Comments

• MALAiA46MALAiA46 Posts: 1,436 Member
    @keelanwebster - the Intel Iris Pro graphics are integrated but even so, the game should work. I had the pop up about an unsupported graphics card in Parallels but not Boot Camp. You haven't said what version of Parallels you're using. Is it up to date patch wise? Some people have reported issues with Intel cards and the noodle baby issue is an Intel problem. Update Parallels if you can and see if that improves. Also, how much RAM have you given Parallels?

@MALAiA46 - So your USB has the support software on it? You don't install that until you've booted into Windows and it won't be a bootable drive because it doesn't need to be. Turn off your Mac, hold down Alt and restart. When your bootable drives show up can you boot into Windows/Boot Camp? If not you will probably need to redo the Boot Camp partition. Boot into OS X, open Boot Camp assistant, undo the partition and redo it.

@SammiBowammi - others have reported the Gallery crash too. Could it be a RAM issue? How much RAM does VMware have? Great that we know VMware is running the game too :)

After I create the usb through bootcamp I partition it and then when I restart and hold on alt/option the USB doesn't show up and if it restarts and I don't hold on alt/option it says no bootable disk found.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    OK. You need to redo Boot Camp. Open Boot Camp Assistant and follow the instructions to get rid of the partition and then go through the process again. It can't find your Windows startup disc/ISO. This can sometimes happen and you just need to try again.
    apple-signature.png
  • antman101antman101 Posts: 98 Member
    Ive been running the game flawlessly on my iMac on high settings for the past week through boot camp. I have yet to witness a single bug. My babies are not deformed either.

- OS X version

- Windows version

7 Ultimate 64 Bit

- Boot Camp partition size and available space, if applicable

Partition size is 500gigs, available space 327 gigs

- total system RAM

16gb

- Graphics card(s) info

ATI 6970M with 1gig of ram on the GPU

- processor info

Core i7 2600K 3.4ghz
    edited October 2014
    OK. You need to redo Boot Camp. Open Boot Camp Assistant and follow the instructions to get rid of the partition and then go through the process again. It can't find your Windows startup disc/ISO. This can sometimes happen and you just need to try again.

I have redone it more than 5 times using bootcamp and I even used disk utility to erase the usb under ms-dot form and it still won't recognize the usb (when i click alt on startup) and if I don't click alt on startup it says no bootable device. I then opened disk utility and noticed that it is in the right format (ms-dot) but next to bootable it says no. Do you think burning the .iso file onto a dvd-r with disk utility will help it be recognized?

Post edited by MALAiA46 on
  • athinasimsathinasims Posts: 157 Member
    @malaia46 what model is your mac? I'm asking this because if it's not the latest 2013 model you won't have a problem doing an installation via a Windows DVD.
    MICHAEL JACKSON XSCAPE
    edited September 2014
    athinasims wrote: »
    @malaia46 what model is your mac? I'm asking this because if it's not the latest 2013 model you won't have a problem doing an installation via a Windows DVD.

Mid 2010 and ya I am going to try burning the .iso to a dvd-r using disk utility.
    Post edited by MALAiA46 on
    antman101 wrote: »
    Ive been running the game flawlessly on my iMac on high settings for the past week through boot camp. I have yet to witness a single bug. My babies are not deformed either.

- OS X version

- Windows version

7 Ultimate 64 Bit

- Boot Camp partition size and available space, if applicable

Partition size is 500gigs, available space 327 gigs

- total system RAM

16gb

- Graphics card(s) info

ATI 6970M with 1gig of ram on the GPU

- processor info

Core i7 2600K 3.4ghz

Fabulous, thanks for the feedback :) EA have patched the deformed babies now, it was related to Intel cards I think.

apple-signature.png
  • theZaratheZara Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm amazed you guys could get it working on Parallels. I kept having proxy issues, because Origin won't work with proxies.

I have it set up on BootCamp, and now the game won't let me into my saved games.
    theZara wrote: »
    I'm amazed you guys could get it working on Parallels. I kept having proxy issues, because Origin won't work with proxies.

I have it set up on BootCamp, and now the game won't let me into my saved games.

That's annoying. Does it not load your games at all?
    apple-signature.png
  • ohohraptor87ohohraptor87 Posts: 98 Member
    Can you guys post any pictures of your games? I tried setting my graphics to high and it was a little laggy. Runs ok on medium but I feel like the quality looks pretty rough. I want to start my legacy but seems like my screenshots are lacking compared to what I've seen here.

My specs:
    2.5 GHz Intel core i5
    Version 10.7.5 (Ok maybe I should update)
    Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 384 MB
    Windows 7 / Boot Camp / Partition set to 70GB

Does anyone have any ideas on to how I can get my game smoother? Is my partition size big enough? Do I just have a poor graphics card?
  • rhougerhouge Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey guys, so I've been trying to get Sims 4 to work on my Mac for going on five days now. Had some trouble with Bootcamp so I used Virtualbox and now have Windows 7 running on my Macbook Air. Got the game installed but when I try to launch it, the cursor spins for a minute then stops and nothing happens. No error message pops up. Since the Macbook Air has no CD/DVD drive, I've got an external CD drive plugged into the USB port and I finally got Windows to acknowledge that it's plugged in and there's a disk inside but still the game won't start. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd really appreciate it.

Specs:
    Processor - 1.86 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Memory - 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
    Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 Mb
    Software - OS X 10.9.4
  • discountbacondiscountbacon Posts: 114 Member
    Good to see you again BluebellFlora!

So far, I'm running Sims 4 in Bootcamp on my iMac and it is working like a charm. Here are the specs:

- OS X version - 10.9 (Mavericks)
    - Windows version - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
    - VM version, if applicable - N/A
    - Boot Camp partition size and available space, if applicable - 12.9 GB free of 111GB
    - total system RAM - 10GB
    - amount of RAM allocated to Windows if using a VM - N/A
    - Graphics card(s) info - AMD Radeon HD 6750M (Driver version 13.250.28.2000)
    - processor info - Intel Core i5-2400S CPU 2.5GHz

I really hope they end up releasing the Mac version. I also hope that our bought Windows copies will include the future Mac version, too.
    @OHOHRAPTOR87 - yes, it's most likely your graphics card. How much RAM do you have? 4Gb? Going up to 8Gb will up the VRAM to 512Mb.

@rhouge - Your MBA doesn't meet the system requirements :(For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

@discountbacon - hey :D good to know - thanks!
    apple-signature.png
    @BluebellFlora Yes my RAM is 4GB. I'm completely computer illiterate, what graphics card would you recommend? I'm not a hardcore gamer, will probably only play Sims on this computer and maybe one other game. I'll look into getting more RAM too.

My game has been crashing, a lot recently. I get a black screen and the "Sims 4 has stopped working" notification. It worked fine for the first couple days. I just want to play, this is so frustrating!
  • athinasimsathinasims Posts: 157 Member
    edited September 2014
    Here are a few pictures using Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit via bootcamp!

sza0kn.jpg

20trpkx.jpg

2vx15oh.jpg
    MICHAEL JACKSON XSCAPE
    @OHOHRAPTOR87 you can't change the graphics card unfortunately.
    apple-signature.png
    > @BluebellFlora said:
    > OHOHRAPTOR87 you can't change the graphics card unfortunately.

Oh bummer!
  • FeefaroniFeefaroni Posts: 1 New Member
    Is anybody else (who's running the game on Parallels) having the pink lines issue?
  • SweetK411SweetK411 Posts: 91 Member
    edited September 2014
    hi i have installed sims 4 via boot camp on my macbook pro mid 2012 the graphics card is the nvidia geforce 650m but when i go into game it says unregonized video card. i downloaded an update for the graphics card. not sure if i was supposed to that or not? but when i did do it my brightness was dim & i couldn't put it all the way up. Now when i uninstalled the update the game was running poorly. Had to have it on low setting otherwise it was sooo jumpy.

The mac has 4gb memory 1600mhz DDR3
    2.3 GHZ intel core i7
    Built in display graphics Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB

I gave my partition 125gb
    Pls help
    edited September 2014
    I've also just noticed even with me uninstalling the graphics driver update the dimness from the brightnes is still low & i can't turn it up :-(
    You should only use Apple updates for drivers etc in Boot Camp. We have almost the same graphics card (mine's 1Gb) but I didn't get the error message. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the game again and see how it affects the game?
    apple-signature.png
    SweetK411 wrote: »
    I've also just noticed even with me uninstalling the graphics driver update the dimness from the brightnes is still low & i can't turn it up :-(

Did you install the support software that you downloaded from Apple during the Boot Camp process? The game is dark inside houses, I have to turn my brightness all the way up.
    apple-signature.png
    edited September 2014
    Yh i installed the support software. Another thing is the Nvidia graphaics update i installed is not removing from the computer. Do you know how i install the graphics update from the mac side? Or so i not do that?
    Seems to be working ok in windowed fullscreen on high settings. The only problem now is the dimness. The brightnes is all the way but still dim i just don't understand that.