Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you change a sim's last name after marriage?

My sims' last names haven't been changing once they get married. Does anybody know how to change their last name, or is this a bug?
Watch my live streams and follow me on twitch!

Comments

• kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    I think it's a bug. I've seen lots of threads about this.
  • Vampyfan2Vampyfan2 Posts: 517 Member
    Ah, thanks! I was curious
    Watch my live streams and follow me on twitch!

• camman1995camman1995 Posts: 900 Member
    I believe for now it can be done by bringing the family into CAS from edit town or something along those lines.
  • chase_paynechase_payne Posts: 58 Member
    It does the same thing for same sex marriage, I was expecting a screen to change name... hyphenate or keep same last name... instead nothing happened.
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I did this to change the last name of my partner BUT save it before you do this because someone told me it can mess up other relationships you have in the house. So if you and the spouse are alone it works because I did it but if not then take heed.

Here is the cheat:
    testingcheats true
    caas.fulleditmode
    shift click on sim
    choose modify in cas
    Now you can change their last name

• BBdoll3BBdoll3 Posts: 8 New Member
    Thanks Glimmer! I will try this also. Just to throw out there, I had tried this but was unable to change the name. Now, I see that you have (caas.fulleditmode)... Is this correct or should it be cas.fulleditmode?
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited September 2014
    I'd like to add that CAS.fulleditmode works without enabling testing cheats as well. If you type the cheat into the window and then click on a dresser and pick "Plan Outfits", it works exactly the same.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    BBdoll3 wrote: »
    Thanks Glimmer! I will try this also. Just to throw out there, I had tried this but was unable to change the name. Now, I see that you have (caas.fulleditmode)... Is this correct or should it be cas.fulleditmode?

cas.fulleditmode not caas

edited September 2014
    Okay, I just finished testing this cheat code and these are the instructions you can follow to change the name(s) of your simmies.

RENAMING Your Sims in Sims4!

Cntrl + Shift + C
    A box should prompt for you to enter your code…

1. Enter this cheat code (without brackets); ( testingcheats true )
    2. Press Enter
    You should see something that says, “Cheats are enabled”.
    3. Next Enter this cheat code (without brackets); ( cas.fulleditmode )
    4. Press Enter... Click on the, ESC key to clear the box where you entered your code.
    5. Select the Sim you want to change the name for.
    6. Shift and Left Click on the Sim. I saw, (3) prompts to select from… You will select, “Modify in CAS”.
    7. You will be transported to the Create a Sim area, where you created your Sim.
    8. You will see a ‘pencil’ indicator, showing that you are in “Edit Mode”. You can change your Sims name(s), for each Sim you want to change.
    9. When you have finished, click on the ( Check Mark) to resume Play. You will be transported back to your game.
    10. When you have returned to your game, Cntrl + Shift + C and
    Enter this cheat code (without brackets); ( testingcheats false ).
    11. Press Enter.
    You should see something that says, “Cheats already disabled”. I guess it disables automatically when you are transported
    back to your game.
    12. Click the ESC key to clear the box where you entered your code.

**Please Note: You will ONLY be able to enter (15) characters for the First name. I would think the same goes for the Last name also.
    Post edited by BBdoll3 on
    edited September 2014
    I was able to Edit my Tut above.. Didn't realize the Symbol did not show. Sorry guys.
  • FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    What is wrong with EA? How could they spend so much effort on stuff nobody cares about and leave something so obvious like this out of the game?