Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reset Tutorial

MiCi462MiCi462 Posts: 13 New Member
How do you turn it back on?
Post edited by MiCi462 on

Comments

• halfnotes9halfnotes9 Posts: 163 Member
    @MiCi462 While in live mode go to the upper right corner to the options menu, click Game Options, click Gameplay, at the middle to bottom is a place for resetting tutorials. Click reset, then apply changes in the bottom right corner. This should start all gameplay tutorials over! I'm actually trying to unset mine, as I clicked reset by accident. :(
  • DamgotDamgot Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello,

Before the 29th June patch, I was doing the tutorial (I just bought the game on steam). I saved my game and quit. At the next start, I had to download the new 29th june update.

And after installed this update, it seems the tutorial is no longer available at all. I tried to load my saved game, it works but the tutorial is no longer present.

I try to start a new game, no tutorial proposal.
    I uninstalled/installed the game and still no tutorial proposal.

I took a look in option, but it seems the option to restart the tutorial is no longer present.

Do you have the same problem after de 29th June 2021 patch ?

Thanks
  • wisdomoonwisdomoon Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Damgot said:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Before the 29th June patch, I was doing the tutorial (I just bought the game on steam). I saved my game and quit. At the next start, I had to download the new 29th june update.
    >
    > And after installed this update, it seems the tutorial is no longer available at all. I tried to load my saved game, it works but the tutorial is no longer present.
    >
    > I try to start a new game, no tutorial proposal.
    > I uninstalled/installed the game and still no tutorial proposal.
    >
    > I took a look in option, but it seems the option to restart the tutorial is no longer present.
    >
    > Do you have the same problem after de 29th June 2021 patch ?
    >
    > Thanks

I'm having the same problem. I just downloaded The Sims 4 and was playing through the tutorial but accidentally deleted my first game. I'm trying to see if I can redo the tutorial. I came across a video (link below) that shows there is an option to restart it. However, when I checked the options, it is no longer available. I also tried restarting the game by deleting the game files, but there's still no tutorial proposal.

Is there any way to restart tutorial? For now, I'm just going to watch tutorial playthroughs, but I hope I can experience the tutorial on my own.

[ Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF_D6oUB1kM ; Time stamp: 0:55 ]
    > @wisdomoon said:
    >
    > I'm having the same problem. I just downloaded The Sims 4 and was playing through the tutorial but accidentally deleted my first game. I'm trying to see if I can redo the tutorial. I came across a video (link below) that shows there is an option to restart it. However, when I checked the options, it is no longer available. I also tried restarting the game by deleting the game files, but there's still no tutorial proposal.
    >
    > Is there any way to restart tutorial? For now, I'm just going to watch tutorial playthroughs, but I hope I can experience the tutorial on my own.
    >
    > [ Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF_D6oUB1kM ; Time stamp: 0:55 ]

It's really seems they removed the tutorial with the 29th june patch... And the option to restart it too.
    I don't know if it's intentional or if it's a bug, but it's bad for new players.
  • DanaKScullyFBlDanaKScullyFBl Posts: 355 Member
    edited July 2021
    Okay so it's not just me that is having this problem with it, cause I have removed my saves folder, repaired my game, turned off my mods and this STILL happens. it was working just fine before the last patch the June 29th one, This is the 1st time that I could really get into my game and play it and I wanted to try out that tutorial cause I never did it before and yes I've been playing since Sims4 came out but I wanted to see what all they show in it as if I never played it before lol Please fix this for the new Simmers to learn how to play the game.
  • 3mb3R3mb3R Posts: 1 New Member
    I’ve been struggling all day I’m glad I’m not the only one! I’ve never played and tried without the tutorial and was just lost, please fix ):
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    @3mb3R @DanaKScullyFBl @Damgot @wisdomoon You should be able to open the Options menu from the main screen, choose game options and then go-to tutorials and tips from there. You should be able to enable help tips and reset tips.

If this is not working for you, I would suggesting reporting your issues to EA HELP https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
    > @Bananas_45 said:
    > @3mb3R @DanaKScullyFBl @Damgot @wisdomoon You should be able to open the Options menu from the main screen, choose game options and then go-to tutorials and tips from there. You should be able to enable help tips and reset tips.
    >
    > If this is not working for you, I would suggesting reporting your issues to EA HELP https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en

No it doesn't work cause these options are for tips and not tutorial, I made a post on the EA site : https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Tutorial-is-no-longer-available-since-29th-June-patch/m-p/10483937#M218968

If you want to report too