Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DRIVE → A Sims 4 Ambition Legacy Challenge

Xylorta-XVXylorta-XV Posts: 234 Member
D R I V E
---------------
"I have no ambition, no goals. I go through each day with a strange lack of purpose and I hate that. I need to find something to motivate me. I need to find the thing that DRIVES me."

Okay, so in all honesty this is less of a legacy and more of a story in the way it'll be written, but it does follow the family tree as a whole, so.
Here's how this will go down.

RULES
- There will be up to THREE potential heirs per generation.
- Each potential heir will have something they want to accomplish, and something keeping them from accomplishing that goal - the road block they have to get over.
- The goal they want to accomplish DOES NOT have to be their lifetime wish, but it very well can be (just make sure it's something you can accurately achieve in-game).
- The heirs can have the same goal OR the same roadblock. Not both.
- To consider the generation a success, either the roadblock must be surpassed, the goal met, or both.
- You may want to write down and specify what you consider/do not consider a successful "passing" of the roadblock or goal for your reference.
- Once the generation draws to a close, you must open up a poll to have people vote on who should be the heir. If you get too few votes or it ties, use a random coin toss or number generator to decide.
- The spare(s) are not under any obligation once the heir is decided, you can do whatever you want with them so long as the heir remains the focus.
- The generation you consider to be the "last" one CAN end on a failure.

You can add standard legacy rules to this as well, of course, and if you want to recommend new rules/tweak the ones above, you're more than welcome to comment or message me.

Now for the fun part.

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome, to the Barclay family.

--------------

GENERATION 1. money makes the world go 'round
→ Money's a source of a lot of things. For Dolores Barclay, it's an escape from the 9-5 sludge that has become her life. Swiping a card for her is the most powerful feeling, nothing can replace the tingling feeling she gets when money is exchanged and she walks away with something new, just a little treat for herself to lift her mood.
That's how it starts.
Pretty soon the little $20 gifts turn to $50, then to $100. Soon the treats of books and chocolates become designer bags and lunches at 5-star cafes.
Pretty soon, money that doesn't exist is being spent on things she doesn't need.
Pretty soon she can't stop, because she doesn't believe she has any sort of problem.
And pretty soon, her two children find themselves staring down at a table full of bills, watching their life fall apart around them and with no clue how to fix it.

GABRIEL BARCLAY
"I want enough money to where I never have to worry..."
"... But I steal for the money I have now. I hate doing this and I want to stop... but can I?"
(Genius, Gloomy, Perfectionist; BUSINESS SAVVY/FABULOUSLY WEALTHY)

GINA BARCLAY
"I want to be financially secure..."
"... But I don't have skills in anything that would actually make me money. And what does...? Is manipulation."
(Genius, Self-Assured, Snob; NERD BRAIN/RENAISSANCE SIM)

(This is pretty much it~ just a start post, but I'll write the prologue soon. ^_^)
Post edited by Xylorta-XV on

Comments