Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Thoughts, Good and Bad

This game is actually fun, and I am really enjoying playing.

Emotions do affect your sims and make things a bit more dynamic. Bills aren't ridiculous, my sims house is worth 16k and their bill was 444 Simoleons. Gardening is fun and I like how you can evolve plants to increase their quality. Breeding different frogs is pretty cool. Loading screens take less time than getting TS3 sims across town. The animations are a lot of fun. Multitasking really does seem to work well (though I don't have a giant house with several tables for throwing parties). Putting my Sims in a flirty mood really does help their romance interactions work better.

That said, there are a few things that bother me.

My writer sim needs to overcome writers block to move forward with his aspiration. I can't get him to have writers block. I had him write until his fun and energy bars were almost empty, then when he woke up had him write more. That didn't work. He's written so much he's reached level 7 of the skill and published several books. I still can't get him to get writers block. It's frustrating. It's like they made it too easy, but in a way that won't let him advance.

He was also promoted several days ago and the moodlet is still there. It was supposed to expire, but it hasen't. This is just a minor glitch, but it's really bugging me. I tried resetting him and it hasn't helped.

Collecting and harvesting wild plants is extremely difficult because of the lack of story progression. I tried sending my sim to the park to harvest some plants. They were all baby plants. So, I waited a few days and sent her back, none of them had grown. This is the same for any community lot I send my sim to. There are some plants in the public space around my sims house, the plants there do grow and reach harvestable age. There are about 5 wild plants that my sim can harvest. It's such a small number in comparison to all the plants available in game. Its frustrating.

Overall, I am really enjoying the game. :) It's just a few things that are bugging me. :neutral_face:

Comments

• Options
    oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    Ok, so the moodlet glitch resolved itself. I don't know how or when (I was trying to ignore it) but it did and now I'm happy.
  • Options
    Hellbiter88Hellbiter88 Posts: 916 Member
    I'm having the writer's block problem too. My sim is constantly "confident" because he's cranking out books at an insanely fast rate... I don't know if that affects writer's block but I'm thinking it might. I tried having him write really boring genres like screenplays and non-fiction, but that doesn't work either. He's stuck in his aspiration mode because of this and I can't get anymore points for him--and there's no aspiration cheat!
    Welcome to the forums!
    hD8C13932