Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wall Trims?

Does anyone know if it's possible to place exterior wall siding with corner trims manually? Sometimes the automatic placement is not how I want it. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    Nope. I noticed that at Creators Camp. It wont place the edging on a wall that has stairs OR if there are not 2 squares of wall around the corner. it kind of forces to you revise your construction just to get the edging to fall correctly.

Not a fan and I wasnt shy about telling them either...lol. :)
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    I was just going to post about this. The lack of manual control really limits what you can do to achieve certain effects. I've always wanted to build the Volga patchwork house (see below), but to really get the correct look, I need to be able to put panel edging on the majority of the wall paper. I get the "smart" placement, but not taking away manual control.

patchwork-house-by-Peter-Kostelov-537x361.jpg

If anyone finds a cheat, workaround, or mod for this, please post it!
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    afiery1afiery1 Posts: 56 Member
    Definitely frustrating that you can't put the corner trim on the side that you want it on. Cool house btw, Bryony
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    I am not a fan of this new "smart" placement" either! They should have given the options for manual placement as well.
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    Hrm, you know what might work as well if not better in that instance? A very thin, square column type like a 1"x2" trim board and a horizontal shelf-like trim board to match. Then you could almost make that exact design. (I can wish, I suppose)

Columns are touchy as all mess right now though, since they don't actually function as support like they did in TS3 we should be able to use them anywhere and even have other objects intersect them without the column vanishing. I can't place anything in a columns placement square despite the game thinking it's okay, the column disappears when placing the lot from the library.

Had that trouble with my latest build, I place a sized up shelf between two columns, game said it was fine but when I loaded it from the library on to a different lot the shelf was there and the columns weren't. Got rid of the shelf and the columns stayed put next time.

Anywho I do think that manual placement of wallpaper with edges would be great to have as well...I only messed with that once and pretty well ditched the idea when it smart placed it where I didn't want it to be, lol.