Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• Babygirl97Babygirl97 Posts: 1 New Member
    I think you should make an arts and crafts pack. I feel like there should be more arts and crafts such as sewing, pottery, knitting, crochet, scrap booking, more painting style options, and other fun crafts and a functioning craft room. I also wish that get to work had more jobs that you can go with your sim and control them during work.
  • MimpoMimpo Posts: 3 New Member
    I would really like it if I could change the output for sound in the game, because my headset has two different channels and I use one for games and the other for everything else, so that I can talk with a friend on one channel and have the game sound turned down just by scrolling on my headset, now I have to go into settings everytime my friend goes afk or if there's just a silent moment to turn up the sound from the game, it would really make my day if you put in this option.
  • xx8lobo8xxxx8lobo8xx Posts: 23 Member
    > @Vicencio_21 said:
    > I played off the grid for a bit, I wish they would let you use the coolers as a fridge though. Like be able to open in and store whatever you want in it like a fridge. Because I had my sim grow her own veggies and fruits and I had nowhere to store them... ALSO, they should add in an option to be able to grill whatever food you want on the grill or campfire. Like grill my potatoes I just grew in my garden. I feel it would make the off the grid living feel more genuine. Like also only be allowed to use the ingredients you grew, caught, picked ect...

Cool idea! Do you ever have the problem of starting a fire...like everytime you use a campfire? I'll have level 10 cooking/herbalism skill sim cook and the 1 chair in it's own box far enough away will catch fire. Then after all the sims run away to the corner of the lot, I as master controller have to physically make one of them put it out. The fire alarms are useless if there's no fire department coming (the sprinklers are what I usually put but those only work indoors).
    > @ReSims_EEmpire said:
    > Discover University
    > Sports pack
    > Decades Stuff (70's, 80's, 90's)
    > More Vacation Locations (Similar to World Adventures)
    > Detailed Generations pack (Mid life Crisis, etc)
    > Futuristic Pack/Expansion
    >
    > Each are aspects in the game I've really enjoyed/hoped for the future:smiley:

Love the ideas! LOL @ the mid-life crisis, you could even go further with buffs like "first gray hair" -2sad; "first grandchild!" +5happy
    > @DarkxArtemis said:
    > What I think would be really cool is if we had a cryptids pack. There could be new careers options like ghostbusting or cryptid hunting, or an expansion in the science career. There could be collectibles like a tooth from Emily (the cryptid I assume is inspired by Nessie), ghost plasma, an expansion on fossils, etc. You could take pictures or befriend them. I just feel that would be a really cool expansion to have that would be different from past expansions we've had from previous Sims games.

Super cool idea! Remember that career in TS2 I believe, ghostbusters! "Haunted" is a lot trait, if you don't want it anymore you call them in and eventually that trait is cleared off. Back to world adventures, Egyptian mummies were awesome, bring back grave hunter (or protector) - already have the archaeology thing going on. Fossils too! They're pretty useless right now besides displaying them. High archaeology skill you put em together and re-create a life-size dino! Also, your picture of monsters is cool like TS3 - right now I have no desire to take pictures because I get no reward from it! In TS3 you had much more goals to complete it made the game waaay more interesting and made you want to explore all the worlds!
    > @mightypistachio said:
    > Suggestions:
    >
    > Attraction system like in TS2 with turn ons/turn offs and unrequited feelings
    > More hobbies and interests like in TS2 Freetime
    > More social interactions. Like handshakes or different types of friendly interactions.
    > More interactions for babies! Changing table, baby monitor, stroller, etc.
    > More relationship options in CAS (grandparents, aunt/uncle, cousins, bf/gf, fiance, best friends)
    > My biggest one: ability to make custom pre-made styled outfits. I love that feature for sims who i don't want to invest time in creating a whole outfit for but i hate using the same 10 outfits over and over again
    >

I like your idea for social interactions, like "BFFs" get to choose their secret handshake or "soul-mates" have an Eskimo kiss option lol. And second on that idea of more relationship options, doing those 100kid challenges/legacy challenge gets confusing.
  • JackOfBlades845JackOfBlades845 Posts: 1 New Member
    Can you guys make it so that columns are invisible when inside a lot. It's frustrating because 23% of my exterior on builds rely on columns and trying to circumvent them is a pain.
  • esvi_esvi_ Posts: 2 New Member
    This might have been mentioned before but I'm rather late to the party on Sims 4, only started playing again this year.

I've played The Sims since the very first game in 2000, and the one thing that I have been wanting since then is to have more than 8 sims in a household.

It's not realistic to limit households to 8 sims and pets combined. Once you have 8 sims you can't have any pets, they should not count towards the family max, maybe have a max of their own.

I understand there could be a performance drop in having more sims but if my game can handle it why not give an option to have more? Like you have for population in the world.
  • SpaghettiOSpaghettiO Posts: 1 New Member
    My friends and I really want a multiplayer option so we can play sims together! We like the single player game but we would love a multiplayer game.
  • BlueCloverBlueClover Posts: 1 New Member
    These are just ideas for the Sims 4 base game, the first one is kinda an idea from a recent unrealistic occurence I've been witnessing with the child sims?
    1) Adding different heights for the sims, like medium, high or small ranges? My child sims though they are all the same height, they've been placing items onto /on top of the half walls and regular walls that is twice their size! Even if they're on their tippity-toes.. it'd shouldn't be possible.
    2) Items assigned to sims? (Homework, books, tablets) I enjoy the mini scavenger hunt the sims made me do, for their missing homework, tablets or books. Especially in randoms cases that made me giggle at the spots they've hidden it in.

I really love the game so far! Sorry if these ideas been mentioned before at some point in time.
  • annelise_fallsannelise_falls Posts: 1 New Member
    a search bar at the top of the game where the options bar is. that way we can search for an item in our lot. I've placed a digital sketchpad in my lot somehwere, and i cant find it! it'd be useful to have the search bar for it.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I would love a way to designate rooms for functions. Bathroom would be for washing hands but not for washing dishes for example.
  • HrudgfHrudgf Posts: 2 New Member
    I love the sims 4 games but at times I get so bored of the same old things that I wish they added something new. I think they should upgrade the pregnancy like make it more realistic. Instead of 3 days of pregnancy They should make its 1 week per each trimester and when they sims are ready to give birth it should be a water birth. I also thins that they should let us add baby cc things that would actually work because that would make it more fun taking care of the baby like they was. The sims should be able to hold them, make milk, change diapers, play in mats, change clothes and more.
  • HrudgfHrudgf Posts: 2 New Member
    One last thing is when they give birth can the team add like an option if we want natural and surgery birth. Thank you...
  • sharonlynettesharonlynette Posts: 26 Member
    As someone has mentioned before a Decades stuff pack would be fantastic 1930s/1930s/1960s/1970s/1980s/1990s a lot of folk buy vintage and sustainably is so important it is great having the flea markets but actual vintage, the closest that is possible is 1950s or full gothic Victorian/Edwardian wear. Having both clothing, hairstyles and homeware that is second hand. I'd love to have atomic age, or mid-century design, g-plan furniture items in my simsville. Having that as a sims personality traits though too. A thrift store/charity shop lot would be a perfect addition.
  • Lover_of_aniamlsLover_of_aniamls Posts: 1 New Member
    My suggestion is to make a stable expansion pack where you can buy a stable, there’s horses you can buy, and a job option of a riding instructor also why not add other animals too, make it a farm expansion pack?!?!
  • SK78SK78 Posts: 1 New Member
    Yesterday when I played The Sims 4, I had an interesting idea and I wanted to reach the community and the developers.
    The idea is sims through the ages. You start the first launch installment in the series with a specific year in time, for e.g. 1600 or 1800. And when you create a new sims family, you could start from that starting year or from a year of your choosing. And when you start to live in that period you would have the infrastructure, culture, and technology of that year in time. As new members of the family are born, and the old ones die, you would have a history of your family, a family tree. And the years will grow to the present, when years change the architecture, the culture, and the technology will change with it. This will open many possibilities for expansions, a new and a fresh way to approach things. Not the same lifecycle as all of the previous installments in the series. You start with the base that is missing all of the cool content of the previous installment.
    For e.g. The Sims 4, when it launched you missed the things that you had in The Sims 3, that came with the years. Pets, Seasons, University, pools, to go to work in your car, to see where the school bus is taking you when you follow it to school and so on. The same with the transition from The Sims 2 to The Sims 3, you miss many things that came as expansions though the years.
    So the idea is not to make the same lifecycle for each installment in the series, start with a base and then a little by little bring back the same expansions that the previous installment already had. To come with a new approach that will keep the core mechanic of the series, a sim simulator, start the base with a group of the most liked expansions in the past (for e.g. Pets, Seasons and University) and then build new expansions trough the ages. And give it many more years of life, when new installments start.
    I think that it will be great if one of the next sims games in the series implements this idea.
  • JottizJottiz Posts: 1 New Member
    They should make the decorative fruit bowls functional, like chests that you only can put eatable items in! And the option to "grab a fruit" should be there too!
  • IsterraIsterra Posts: 1 New Member
    I would like to see walkers wheelchairs canes for handicap Sims. I don't know if this would ever be possible but it would be cool.
  • Crazy_NewtCrazy_Newt Posts: 1 New Member
    A fertility option for same sex couples via the pc rather than adoption. i think it would be nice.
  • PoohaPooha Posts: 3 New Member
    Please make a “Farming Pack” I beg you. More gardening stuff, chickens, horses, pigs. Country living kind of style. I’ve played Sims since 2000. We need a Farm Pack!
  • tinycanditinycandi Posts: 18 Member
    Tiny Living really should've come with the option for ladders and/or smaller stairs (like spiral staircases) as well as loft beds and bunk beds. I feel they really dropped the ball by not including those space-saving options.
  • AmeliographyAmeliography Posts: 4 New Member
    A way of taking family portraits would be so so useful and I think lots of simmers would love this option.
    Even just a standard sitting portrait would be fine. I love the photographer career but some slight tweaks would make it amazing.
    An option to “ask to photograph” so a non household sim can take your photo would be good. Also being able to hire a photographer for your sims wedding who shows up and you get photos in the mail afterwards, but please make a wedding game pack with a wedding photographer career!
  • welmesterwelmester Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi! Please make more window options to the build mode. We need more sleek and modern windows so we don't have to use mods. For example something like these https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4/id/1405990/ and https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4/id/1435661/. Thanks!
  • welmesterwelmester Posts: 2 New Member
    Please make some energy saving options to the Sims 4. For example solar panels to the roof and wind turbines...