Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• BestiariusBestiarius Posts: 2 New Member
    There have been multiple holidays from different countries celebrated (lately Chinese New Year) with new dishes, clothing, furniture and I thought an amazing thing would be to also include Persian New Year (Nowruz) in the future. It has been an international holiday since 2010 and is currently celebrated not only by Zoroastrians, but also people of other, more "mainstream" religions. It's a beautiful holiday, both visually and tradition-wise. I wish to see more holiday updates in the future, it makes the game so much more inclusive.
  • KaruminuKaruminu Posts: 19 Member
    Hey there Sims 4 crew. I have a fun idea for the fitness category of the game. I was thinking of sport activities. I know we have basketball, but why not more? Like a volleyball net that can also be used to play tennis. And a volleyball net that can be put into a swimming pool for games like water polo.
    And just like you did with the roller skating and ice skating rinks, could you make a little field for soccor? Or even a little mini golf hole! This could open up a new opportunity to make a new skill or aspiration rather than it just being Fitness and BodyBuilder. There can even be a Sports Day holiday added to the calendar. Any other sports you can think of, maybe you could make them all into a new game pack?

My second suggestion is could you please design a particular loooong hairstyle. Long and straight, part line to the side instead of centered, and cowlicks instead of bangs (or better yet, give us the option to choose whether we want bangs, sidesweeps, cowlicks or nothing)? Nothing fluffy or bouncy. There's plenty enough of that fancy Barbie junk.

My third one I don't know if it will ever be possible or not, but why can we not adjust the heights of our Sims? It's weird all the men and women are always the same height. Not everybody grows to be 6 feet tall. Give us shorties some darn recognition.
  • MarzipanPeterPanMarzipanPeterPan Posts: 1 New Member
    I've read in other areas that people want their Sim's romantic interests that aren't played to propose, and found myself agreeing. I think a new romantic social should be made to prompt this, since it can't be spontaneous. Something along the lines of "drop hints" that prompts another unmarried Sim to propose and gives the player the chance to accept or deny. I think it would help those of us who play out specific storylines.
  • VoidriderVoidrider Posts: 1 New Member
    How about a (stationary) Cruise Ship for a vacation destination?
  • SimswillwriteSimswillwrite Posts: 2 New Member
    I feel that we need makin magic and the genie or a multiplayer mode that allows to go to all jobs and if your a thief you can still your friends furniture , a cop can throw a player and jail obviously bigger map with locations as fast travel
  • LaicifitraLaicifitra Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi all,
    Lately I've been feeling that the game lacks functionality in the "looking for love" process. Now I can basically get any sim I want for my sim's lover, and there is no fun in the process anymore. I'd like the process to be more randomized, like when I create the sim, one is automatically created, who is basically my sim's one true soul mate, and my sim needs to find him. That "one true" might be created in any town or in vacation location, so he will not be that easy to find) the option to search might be turned on by choosing some character perk at creation, if some players wouldn't want it, and it should be not easy to break couples that are soulmates in the game (it annoys me, how easy it is to seduce a married sim in the game, like literally, takes what, 5 minutes? No guilt, no emotions about that, huh??). You might even include some control in the process for choosing a soulmate for the players, body type, eye color, same gender, special perks or "completely random". Would be fun to have flings at first sight, than getting to know the sim and disappointing in him, because "he's not the one") or to get unsatisfied with time, even after marriage, and suddenly have to decide wether to divorce, or to "fight" for the marriage. In Sims 3 I loved to search for a sim with similar color and music preference, as my sim, that added some randomness in the game. You might add the dating sites as well.
  • FrankfurnFrankfurn Posts: 2 New Member
    Please make arranging flowers fill the fun need for creative sims. Also let them listen to music or talk to other sims when completing the task like most other tasks.
  • TomatoTomato Posts: 2 New Member
    I would really like a sims 4 superhero expansion pack. There could be 2 more jobs, which are hero and villain. You could get hero points to spend in a hero rewards store, where you can get powers or gadgets. Same with villains, but don't do what you did in get famous where you can't get all the perks. Also, for people who don't want that as their career they can learn either or both martial arts or boxing. Maybe there could be a monitor to see if a villain has come to your house. Also, for parents their phone should have an option to enroll kids in a hero or villain school. I also was thinking about having babies be born with powers or cats and dogs getting powers too, but whatever floats your boat. (It's not my game after all)
  • TomatoTomato Posts: 2 New Member
    Also where the heck is multiplayer
  • Sims4fansSims4fans Posts: 1 New Member
    I think for the pets it would be nice to have an option to hire a dog walker like you do with a maid to clean your house. Once a day they come and take your dogs on a long walk.

This could solve issue's with trying to do the get to work. Trying to build skills with this tends to leave you focused on leveling up skills. You could also set it as a common job for people to start off before they end up working as a vet or something.
  • FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    I've been wondering why EA couldn't modify the treadmills in the game to serve as "do it yourself dog walkers"? The dogs in my game are CONSTANTLY whining about their masters not wanting to go walking so if they could just go up to the exercise room and jump up on the treadmills and start walking away that would be a win-win. Not sure how complex changing the animations like that would be or if it would be easier just designing a device specifically designed just for dogs?
  • ctinalkctinalk Posts: 1 New Member
    A couple quick Quality of Life update suggestions. Apologies if they already exist, I have not found them.
    1) Pin actions already in progress while allowing more actions to be added. ie: I want my sim to eat like she's planned to do, but I want to be able to tell her what to do next.
    2) Transferable funds when managing households.
    3) Hover-over (or something similar) to view last 3 household funds transactions. With the addition of the freelance career and the onset of "We added a bonus over what we said we were going to pay you," it would be nice to see what that amount was if you missed it.
    Thanks!
  • KD998KD998 Posts: 2 New Member
    I honestly feel like sims 4 is too controlled, or too restricted, my reasoning is that sims 3 had all these cool AMAZING ideas on how you can make custom colours for your clothes, walls, heck most of the time you could do anything you wanted, which made it feel so amazing. Lets not forget sims 3 has you scrolling through the entire map, unlike sims 4 where you'd have to load up a new lot each time you wanted to leave your house, even if its to visit the neighbours, which I found to be a huge let down.

I find myself playing sims 3 instead of sims 4 a lot of the time just because I can do whatever I want in sims 3. where sims 4 has too many ristrictions, fewer jobs, can't make your own colour for clothes only ever use the same clothes, same colours, and my town looks like a bunch of clones at this point, I like that all the clothes are unisex now, but that doesn't solve half the problems with the game.

Don't get me wrong I love how the sims 4 runs, looks, and feels smoother, but it feels limited, and thats 1 thing I feel most people hate, is to be told to do as their told, colour inside the lines and not have their own ideas, thats exactly whats happening here. Your restricted to such little clothing options, your items are locked because you have to unlock that amazing looking couch from a job you know you dont want your sims to do, but you know you'd much rather get a new item rather then to have YOUR sims doing things YOU want them to do.

I feel if you like the sims 3, stick with the sims 3, don't waste money on sims 4 if you enjoy all the great things that comes with sims 3, lets be honest, most of the time you lose interest in the game when its starting to load a new area, or the game is just so blank that you feel like you'd rather play a round of fetch with your werewolf sim, or do great in alcamy, or you might feel a little more like travelling to the future or the world, or (if your that guy) killing all your sims in unnatural or even supernatural ways. The craziest thing is I only mentioned a few minor things in the sims 3 supernatural and back to the future expantions.

If Im being honest, sims 4 doesn't measure up to sims 3, infact sims 3 goes above and beyond. Yea Im a little tired, and Im ranting about the most nerdiest of things, but I guess Im hoping the devs notice this post and don't remove it cause its "negative" but read it because Im speaking from experience, I really do love the sims, and I'd prefer to see it move forward rather than restricting certain aspects of the game that allows for your own personal touch.

Lastly sorry for turning this into a rant, didn't mean for that.

Sorry if this post isn't appealling to you, read the next one, maybe that'll help?
  • Babygirl127806Babygirl127806 Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m either seriously missing it, or country music disappeared from the music choices in TS4? :( It’s not a huge deal, but I’d like to see that come back!
  • sebastianderssonsebastiandersson Posts: 2 New Member
    I’d love to be able to change facial hair (beard/stubble and eyebrows) by individual looks. You did a great job with trans/gender neutral settings, but in some cases it would be so helpful to switch between stubble/smooth face :)
  • Tauriel97Tauriel97 Posts: 1 New Member
    I think it would be really cool if we had HOTELS or RESORTS and if they functioned the same way as owning a business which is the hotel and you can manage staff there and the theme etc with integrated restaurant or bar maybe? It would be really awesome to use during the Summer Season for family vacations except they are placed in the existing worlds i,e. Willow Creek, Oasis Springs etc. it would be nice to have something like that especially if you had a celebrity sim staying there!
  • Robb413Robb413 Posts: 1 New Member
    I think it would be really sick if you could purchase adjacent lots and acquire several homes as your family grows keeping them all together or adding other families to a commune sort of arrangement. This would give the user so much freedom within the family and be able to have more sims and lot space available even if you.didnt want to add other human sims, being able to have a full ranch or add a farm or a petting zoo would be beyond superb!
  • ifellofftheswingifellofftheswing Posts: 1 New Member
    To be honest, i wish there was an LGBTQIA+ pack. Or a Pride pack, to put it simply.
    The way i'd imagine it is that you'd be able to research Gender or Sexuality, which leads to another choice of what identity or sexuality to research.
    After that you have can click on your sim and decide those choices for yourself. You get to decide who you tell. Maybe there's a trait that makes it so some sims don't react well, like maybe old-fashioned, if you don't want to outright say homophobic or otherwise.
    You'd be able to have pride parades and talk to people in online communities for it. You'd be able to ask people for their pronouns in a conversation. You'd be able to buy chest binders and have some dysphoria buffs go down.
    You could buy or make flags and merch to celebrate who you you are.

Happy Pride!! 🏳️‍🌈
  • Ellee27Ellee27 Posts: 3 New Member
    Sims 4 makers pay attention!! You honestly need to bring in strollers for babies and toddlers, meaning so you can take the baby out of the basket as I feel that the babies just lay there and you can’t do much with them at all, so taking them out with a stroller and being able to place them in different places would be great just like you can for toddlers and just like the sims 3!! also new cribs and toddler beds would be amazing!!, also changing tables and treehouses and mobile swings, you 100% need to bring back university and cars, garages, so you can travel around in each world and also bikes!! This would be a game changer!!
  • Ellee27Ellee27 Posts: 3 New Member
    And also parrots and more animal options such as horses!
  • Kellz2989Kellz2989 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey just a suggestion for new content. I had the idea of having a Plumber/ Carpenter carrer. Handiness is already a thing but I feel this would be an awesome way to capitalize on that skill. Like going to other sim's houses and fixing broken things or make special order furnishings for them. I think it would be way more fun than just running a retail store of furniture. Also Plumber Bob should be a thing! 😉 Thanks so much for all you do! I've been a simmer since the beginning! 💚
  • dashxxdashxx Posts: 6 New Member
    I think this thread isn’t but I had an idea for a GP or EP. So one thing (I don’t think) the sims has ever done is a mountain/snow pack. It would be super cool as a live in world but it could work as a vacation world.

So hear me out here, this could add skiing, snowboarding and tobogganing as well as diving into the local culture. I was kinda basing my idea off Alaska/Eskimos because:
    1. The world would be stunning
    2. It would feel really raw and real
    3. It’s completely new and different.

And if you somehow saw this comment and decided to make this pack, other small things that can be added in is windburn (so when they’re on the mountain in windy conditions) bed and breakfast lodges - hopefully manageable ones because I really miss hotels!

This would also look stunning with seasons because Alaskan mountains actually maintain their icy conditions through the year, it just loses the snow and becomes icier, so that could potentially be really cool.

Also in terms of plants, I do think there should be some native animals and plants, however in Alaska and countries like it, the plants survive all year round since it is practically always wintry— these plants include Caribou Moss, Arctic Willow, Cotton Grass, Arctic Poppies and Labrador Tea which is a pretty good variety. In terms of animals, I think Meese could potentially be befriendable because that would:
    1. Add a new aspect to the game
    2. Add a new death if the moose doesn’t like you
    And in terms of decoration animals, Arctic foxes, polar bears, wolves and snowy owls can all be put in.

Jobs could include instructor; with two branches ski instructor and snowboard instructor- which could be a part time job, or my personal favourite, wildlife preservationist in which you wouldn’t actually get paid for the first few levels and you would be able to interact with all the wildlife: albeit only ‘feeding’, ‘calming’ and ‘rescuing’. I think the animals wouldn’t show up in your relationships tab but instead when you hover over them it would show a trust meter. So in terms of how feeding calming and rescuing would work is that there could be malnourished animals and animals trapped in rubbish or injured from human interference and you could save them and once you became ‘recognised’ (gotten a few promotions), instead of getting paid, you would occasionally have people give you donations after you save an animal, eg. Geoffrey Landgraab calls up and says that you’re a hero to the community and wild like to offer you some money for your hard work and you get $1000 or something similar, and the donations going up with your career level.

Sorry for rambling, I just really wanted to get my idea out there. Thank you in advance even if you don’t read this, let me know if you ever have any questions!
  • dashxxdashxx Posts: 6 New Member
    Wait why do I have two accounts how do I merge them
  • iTigerToneiTigerTone Posts: 2 New Member
    Suggestion: Add different jobs where you can travel with your sim, I love the vet one but would also enjoy a Zookeeper one. Where you can do Keeper Talks, train your animals, clean enclosures, and feed them.
  • Kellz2989Kellz2989 Posts: 2 New Member
    Suggestion to add a few updates.
    Clubs need an update on stuff such at maybe a fashion icon and a vampire icon ect. It would be nice to have a few more options like that to customize clubs better especially when new content come out.

Also, a dating app on the phone or comp should come back! I really enjoyed going through profiles/blind dates to find the right sim for mine. It seems for me even when I go to a bunch of lots to try and meet new sims, it's the same ones over and over.