Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• Options
    sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    Now that we have glass roofs, wouldn't it be nice to have a glass wall tool? Just drag out a wall and it is entirely made of glass with no seams or breakups. Would go A LONG way for modern house builders.
  • Options
    DanielleeeeeeDanielleeeeee Posts: 48 Member
    Fix the pathing issue with the sims always using the bathroom sinks to wash dishes!!!
  • Options
    thesleepingsatellitethesleepingsatellite Posts: 34 Member
    I tried to build a geodesic dome using the glass roofs, but it didn't work as I hoped. The game still considers the inside of the dome to be *outside*.

Steps to replicate:
    * place a roof on the ground
    * make it relatively large
    * change the curvature of the roof to be round
    * put a small, short entrance hallway that bridges the dome with doors in it so the sims can get into the structure
    * place whatever you want in the dome
    * place the dome in a world experiencing winter (or, built it in winter - i started building it in a summer world)

Notice that in the winter season, both the ground inside the dome and the surface of the dome itself are covered with snow. This is because the game interprets any area with a roof place on top of the ground (i.e. not on a room) to be outside.

I tested this theory with the robot vaccuum, which the game only allows you to place indoors. The game would not allow me to place the vacuum under the dome.

This is a problem, as it prevents anyone who wants to build a domed structure for protection from the elements from properly doing so.

I put together an imgur post illustrating the problem (I can't post links yet so take out the parentheses):
    imgur(.)com(/)a(/)XuBYQsX

I would start a new thread for this, but I'm a forum noob, so I guess I'll put this here.
  • Options
    TupelohoneyyTupelohoneyy Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m a fashion design student and I just thought it would be cool to have a hobby where sims could use a sewing machine, have a mannequin for the clothes they made and maybe make some extra money selling them. Maybe fashion shows? Too much? just an idea!!
  • Options
    JackSimolfcJackSimolfc Posts: 2 New Member
    Suggestion: Can we have the ability to control Foundation and the height of every room instead of it changing when you make the wall small.
  • Options
    McSmugglerMcSmuggler Posts: 3 New Member
    i came across this when i was having my teens grow up into young adults. he voice was where i wanted it and when he aged into a young adult his voice went insanely low and i do not like it at all. Can you please make it where we can change the voice of our aged people in the game. Or does this already exist?
  • Options
    allysimmerallysimmer Posts: 2 New Member
    Overall I really enjoy the game except for the fact that simdays could be a bit longer. I think it would be really awesome though if there was a pack that would allow you to go to school/college with your sims and maybe a pre school for toddlers? They could make some friends there and learn some skills. Maybe also a singing career where your sim can become a popstar? It would also be cool if we would get a few more careers like maybe a pilot, teacher, working at a shelter and stuff like that. Last but not least I think it would be cool if we would get more events like a funeral when someone dies, graduation, babyshower or gender reveal party, club tour with your homegirls or maybe going to a concert which could be combined with the singing skill and popstar career idea.
  • Options
    allysimmerallysimmer Posts: 2 New Member
    Forgot to mention it would be dope to have an ultrasound option to find out the gender before the baby is born
  • Options
    MariaaRodriguezA_MariaaRodriguezA_ Posts: 1 New Member
    Bring back robbers and firefighters, I would love the ability for robbers to steal from the houses. Just adds more depth to the game. Bring back university life because I’d love my sim to go to university, I would also have loved an open world and cars because it gives my sim more to do instead of the same monotonous gameplay I am forced to go through. Lot sizes should be increased, how am I meant to build anything worthy with the lot size I’m given??? Also why do sims have a grin on their faces constantly? For goodness sake someone just died?! More expressions and empathy I feel would connect us more with the sims
  • Options
    LokomotivegotLokomotivegot Posts: 1 New Member
    I think that a cool new expansion pack could be sewing pack ,where you can make your own clothing!
  • Options
    SupaCrafta332SupaCrafta332 Posts: 6 New Member
    It would be good if when a sim dies at work in the get to work expansion pack, that the urn was automaticly returned to the house inventory
  • Options
    SimzSizzleSimzSizzle Posts: 433 Member
    edited July 2018
    Had a balance on my account. The money is gone now.
    Put $60.00 on my account with an EA card in May 2018 & purchased 3 things in May.
    Now EA is not accepting EA cards for payment anymore, only Pay pal and credit card.
    Can't buy anymore games because don't have either and when they give me my
    money back, what good will it do me ?
    Was going to buy Seasons and maybe Pets with the balance I had on my account
    and an additional EA card I have here for $20.00 but can't do that now.
    That's about $50.00 wasted (balance of about $30.00 plus $20.00 on the card not used)
    trying to keep up with EA games.
    What's wrong with EA ?

update: this problem has been fixed
    Post edited by SimzSizzle on
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    adding what the temperature is would be nice, like in the Summer, we can know when our Sims should
    go inside because its too hot outside.
    Asking because thinking about my Sim, he's a painter with a studio outside and I'm worried because its Summer now.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Do we have the astronomer or weatherman, meteorologist career yet ? If not it would be nice, we already have the observatory :)
    Playground monitor job for teens, think we could use a few more jobs where they can work from home.
    Mothers usually like to stay at home with their kids. Right now if both are working who is watching the kids ?
    Paying a babysitter every day can get expensive.
    Maybe a consultant, real estate agent, day trader, travel agent jobs from home.
    Also like fashion designer with a sewing table where they have to learn drawing / sketching, and like another poster
    suggested they can sew the clothes, & use mannequins to try them out. (sorry keep adding but posting as the ideas come to me)
    With the Fashion designer, they can have a specialty like wedding attire, childrens clothes, or Swimsuits.
    Doesn't have to be those 3 exactly.
    Another idea just came to mind, furniture restore, upholsterer.
    Bookbinder, electronic publishers for the writers.

OT question: how are we going to know if our Sims get too hot or too cold ?
    Are they going to have whims to get inside ?

And we really need a place they can go for a honeymoon. Right now all we have is the Jungle and camping.

Do Sims need dentists ? (another job, hint, hint)

• Options
    happyhcthappyhct Posts: 1 New Member
    Maybe there should be a pack where you choose what era you want your sim to live in? Kind of like at the beginning of a game you can choose what season you want it to be. I think it would make gernerational game play a lot more fun. Kind of like the game “The movies”? You don’t necessarily have to go into the future just emphasize on the eras from like the 1920’s onward building up to the 2010’s. Idk just an J sea I had thought it would make a good game pack or expansion pack
  • Options
    Hotbread100Hotbread100 Posts: 4 New Member
    i believe it would be pretty fun to have a farm pack that includes farm plants, horses, chickens, cows and possibly pigs(or any other farm animal such as goats or donkeys) that arent confined to an item like the chicken coop or dairy corral with farmer clothing and furniture
  • Options
    liranthialiranthia Posts: 5 New Member
    I have one wish, and that is for a "copy outfit" feature for create-a-sim. :wink: Especially with me needing to add 2 new outfits to every sim, after the seasons patch!
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    liranthia wrote: »
    I have one wish, and that is for a "copy outfit" feature for create-a-sim. :wink: Especially with me needing to add 2 new outfits to every sim, after the seasons patch!

That would be awesome if that could be a thing in between Sims.
    Like, I want Sim B to have the Sim A has? Currently I would have to select it piece by piece every time. But with a Copy Outfit feauture, it would be 2 or 3 klicks.
  • Options
    nottasinger17nottasinger17 Posts: 112 Member
    allysimmer wrote: »
    Forgot to mention it would be dope to have an ultrasound option to find out the gender before the baby is born

If your okay with using mods, there's an ultrasound one that's pretty cool. Tells you the gender as well as how many you are expecting. http://littlemssam.de/ultrasound-scan/
    You are your true best friend in the end.
    ~~~Lala B~~~
    Origin ID:Lalababy21
    tumblr_l7xdgl_Pmc61qzqmk9o1_400.gif
  • Options
    onica432onica432 Posts: 8 New Member
    It has been 4 years since sims 4 came out and foundations are still automatically attached to all rooms. its very strange when you create a garden room and then you mess with the foundation and not only the house but the garden is raised. i want to be able to pick and choose what parts of the house have foundations. i want to be able to create a deck on part of the house which is above one of the main rooms. it shouldnt bee too hard to add in some split level options.
  • Options
    simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    edited July 2018
    I had to quit playing the city life neighborhood (which i love the ideas of apartments) because every night every kid in the household was woken up, no matter where the bedroom was and it took way too long to get them evened out again.

Now I'm having the same problem with the monster under the bed, but at least it is not effecting the toddlers.

Other than that:
    Please more choices to feed toddlers without having to use the highchair, and or please fix the highchair so caregivers do not just stand there forever before placing them in the highchair, giving them food or getting them out. (Personally I've seen that happen when too many hold members want to do it at the same time, it glitches. AKA toddler starving - everybody freeze, instead of toddler starving = get the kid food now!)

Please more hair for all sims - that is the only thing I really use cc for but I would rather have a good choice from EA, and yes I do appreciate the effort you have put into it and I am using more of your hairstyles but more please ;)

It takes too long to do anything concerning toddlers, buy oh it is so fun when it works!

And please, please, I miss the houseboat and scuba diving so much, the beauty, the creativity and the fun! That is my most missed expansion pack ever! I know it is in 3, however having emotion and multitasking makes the sims so much more fun and challenging!

And last, but by no means least, the ability to and edit clothing and objects color and patterns again.

Thanks EA for listening!
  • Options
    Trusty_McCoolGuyTrusty_McCoolGuy Posts: 13 New Member
    Hufflepuff, you should check out the /discussion/776344/the-sims-4-feedback-build-mode-is-abandoned-lack-of-really-important-and-essential-features/ thread. They go over some really cool features we'd all like, and we could use some more posts and support there to help get the dev team to notice they've forgotten about their promise of build mode stuff for-- what? three years? four?

Build mode is just so dead. There's really nothing there for builders, so a lot of them have given up and gone back to TS2 & 3 because 4 is just abandoning them on so many levels.
  • Options
    draiglebageldraiglebagel Posts: 2 New Member
    I've been having trouble with my vegetarian Sim. When I select "get leftovers" using the fridge, she will automatically pull out meat dishes even when there are vegetarian options in there as well. Is there a way to fix this?
  • Options
    zandrale992zandrale992 Posts: 3 New Member
    Here's my short list of suggestions

1. a lot trait for toddlers, it would be nice to see the neighborhood toddlers and their parents show up at places like the park.
    2.more relationship types in CAS, in real life, all households aren't the same, so i think it would be cool to have the ability to make them.
    3. an actual work lot for politicians, i just found it weird that there wasn't like a city hall or something, i feel like it would have been better to have a destination set for hearing/giving speeches, campaigning for charities etc instead of a podium in front of a gym
    4. family portraits, i think it would nice to have a photo studio or booth that can take pictures of up to 8 sims, whether for club portraits, familys, and couples and with toddlers, children and pets, as well as photo types like silly, formal and romantic
    5. more traits in general, or anything that could break up the "sameness" among sims, even switching households mid-game, all sims feel the same
    6. more worlds, it would be cool if you can have more worlds like magnolia promenade, so we could have downtown areas for bowling alleys, restuarants, and retail shops and not have to cram non-residential lots into neighborhoods
    7. more lot types, at least ones that coincide with packs like a laundromat, pet grooming, child care center where children and toddlers can hangout and play
    8. speaking of pet grooming, cats should get dirty every now and then

There are some other things, but considering we have at least 3 more years of content planned, i'm being patient.
  • Options
    zandrale992zandrale992 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @zandrale992 said:
    > Here's my short list of suggestions
    >
    > 1. a lot trait for toddlers, it would be nice to see the neighborhood toddlers and their parents show up at places like the park.
    > 2.more relationship types in CAS, in real life, all households aren't the same, so i think it would be cool to have the ability to make them.
    > 3. an actual work lot for politicians, i just found it weird that there wasn't like a city hall or something, i feel like it would have been better to have a destination set for hearing/giving speeches, campaigning for charities etc instead of a podium in front of a gym
    > 4. family portraits, i think it would nice to have a photo studio or booth that can take pictures of up to 8 sims, whether for club portraits, familys, and couples and with toddlers, children and pets, as well as photo types like silly, formal and romantic
    > 5. more traits in general, or anything that could break up the "sameness" among sims, even switching households mid-game, all sims feel the same
    > 6. more worlds, it would be cool if you can have more worlds like magnolia promenade, so we could have downtown areas for bowling alleys, restuarants, and retail shops and not have to cram non-residential lots into neighborhoods
    > 7. more lot types, at least ones that coincide with packs like a laundromat, pet grooming, child care center where children and toddlers can hangout and play
    > 8. speaking of pet grooming, cats should get dirty every now and then
    >
    > There are some other things, but considering we have at least 3 more years of content planned, i'm being patient.

9. move event types, I'd at least like to have the option to throw a pool party