Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• CAH45CAH45 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi I'm new here but I have some pretty cool ideas for packs for the sims 4...

I think that the sims 4 should have trampolines and after school activities/sports like dance, gymnastics, cheerleading, soccer, football, netball, basketball, art class, singing lessons, swimming lessons and tennis. with after school activities from toddler to teen and maybe young adults can practice at home like gymnastics, they could practice cartwheels and handstands and all sorts of things. I also think that they should have bikes in the sims 4, how cool would it be if your sim could ride their bike over to like a friends house.

Another idea I have is I think that sims should be able to break bones and be on crutches and have casts. they would have to go to the hospital and have 6 weeks in a cast and have slings. how cute.

I also think in the game we should have a teens pack because we have a toddlers pack and kids pack so we should have a teen pack that includes crop tops and hip, modern clothing and converse shoes and a bunch of really cute hairstyles and short shorts and make up that is clutter and can be put on desks and things. also they should have laptops and clutter phones and how cute would it be if they could put in their headphones and listen to music.

I think that the game should include that teens can get pregnant cause that happens in real like right, and when all life stages are pregnant they should be able to have baby showers and have special maternity outfits and they should have ultrasounds to see if they are have boys or girls and twins or triplets for only one baby, and why do girls not get their periods cause that's a bit part of a young females life and it would be so cute if mothers could give their child their first bra...how cute

Another idea is that kids and teens should be able to have sleepovers and sleepover parties and with birthday parties they should be able to open present and get like a cute little figurine or something.

I think that youtube should be a career option in the sims 4.

I know this was long but thank you for reading all of it. :D :) <3
  • DrearydearyDrearydeary Posts: 85 Member
    The build mode is a head ache
    I love making interesting and unique builds but the inability to delete or place single tile flooring is really difficult to work with, I'm not even sure why this hasn't even been patched yet, I feel like doing really simple changes can take hours because if you delete one wall it will place an entire floor you didn't want there, undoing and redoing until you sort of figure it out was just not an issue in previous games, it's really difficult when it doesn't need to be.
  • mavandclidemavandclide Posts: 3 New Member
    I have some awesome ideas!
    1) Add cruise ships and hotels to the game! We can run our own hotels and cruise ships, build our own, and travel on them! With cruise ships, if the captain is dazed, theres a possibility of the cruise ship crashing and then you can watch it sink and you have to get your sim(s) to safety by getting into a lifeboat! You can determine how many lifeboats there are just by placing them when in BB mode.
    2) We need to be able to have the ability to change the color and brightness of lights when in BB mode. Maybe even have an option to make the lights flicker! Having the lights flicker will bring the house bill down a little.
    3) Open neighborhoods.
    4) Landlines, laptops, the ability to buy a cellphone for teens (flip or smart).
    5) Activities for elders (also can be used by adults but can give a bored moodlet to them) such as knitting, crochet, sewing, reading newspaper, and spoiling children.
    6) Medical things such as wheelchairs, casts, crutches, braces, walkers and canes for elders.
    7) More household chores like mowing the lawn, planting flowerbeds, making the bed, a better clean-up toys system.
    8) More activities for children like a train set with custom track pieces, more video games, etc.
    9) Fame.
    10) The rest of the supernaturals (Fairies, werewolves, witches, and zombies).
    11) Exterminators.
    12) More activities and options for babies such as clothing, learning to walk, strollers, play pens, etc.
    13) Religions.
  • UntotheLordUntotheLord Posts: 47 Member
    How can I stop getting emails about these posts? I don't see any links to click to stop them.
  • UntotheLordUntotheLord Posts: 47 Member
    Never mind, sorry, I think I found it.
  • sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    Please optimize the game a bit more because it shouldn't take the latest i7 cpu to get rid of fps drops. Also the sims quality setting is costing too many frames for what you get in quality. The game feels very unstable performancewise and I am sceptical if I will continue to and packs to it if the performance doesn't get better.
    My pc is more than capable, i7 4770k, 16 GB RAM, fix 980 ti but still get fps fluctuations galore so please.... fix it! I love this game and this is my only gripe with it.
  • skrelkskrelk Posts: 10 New Member
    More active careers, please! Re-do the ones from TS3
  • AnnaLoo91AnnaLoo91 Posts: 63 Member
    I'm still adamant that the Sims 5 (should there be one), NEEDS to have more baby interactions! Or heck, if they can make a Sims 4 expansion pack, that would work too, but I'd buy Sims 5 just for that.

Babies have been reduced to being in cribs for the most part, and that's not right. There should be a lot more stuff for a baby. Give us the option to customize our baby (look, hair or bald, clothing, etc). Baby clothes actually do exist you know.

Let babies go through teething, getting baby toys, playing on blankets on the floor, let mommy or daddy sim be able to play with them outside the crib, let baby learn to crawl before becoming a toddler, (where they then learn to walk), let us take the baby on a ride in a stroller down the sidewalk or carry baby with them in a carrier on the sim parents back/front.

Let us sponge bathe baby again (like in sims 2 i believe we could).
    PromSig.png
    Zest Family Spawn: Promise Zest.
  • Rich_F_96Rich_F_96 Posts: 2 New Member
    I would love to see more real estate options in the game. Being able to buy multiple properties and maybe sell them on for profit would be a really fun feature. If I remember correctly they had the option to buy multiple houses on the sims 3 but unfortunately (like a lot of features from the sims 3) they decided to cut that whole idea. I think they could really build on something from that feature idea! Maybe a good idea for the Sims 4 if it ever gets made...

What do you guys think? Is it just me that would love to see that? I’d be interested to hear what everyone thinks!
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I would like more variety of music stations and clothing related to some subcultures (such as goth, punk, metal, etc...). It can go well with a music or entertainment expansion or game pack.

We have some instruments and singing skill, it can be integrated to be able to form bands (including singers) and have a venue. It can be a career where they start of like a garage band and move up to be like a famous rock band or whatever type of band one is trying to create. I feel there needs to be a bit more diversity.
  • YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    edited June 2018
    I would like to have a new pack style introduced into The Sims 4. Functional Pack.
    These packs contain functional and visual content like for lot building... new staircases... fundaments and so on, new possibilities, we never had.. Or another one with only new interactions/animations between sims & and stuff that affects their behavior in public... like riding a bicycle, sims with buggys. . .(counts for npcs too) to give the game more life , ..., ...) not so themed like the packs we already know but more of a great addition to the game.
  • AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    Do you also have a problem with disappearing platemats?

Why do sims want to sit on the sofa when there's a place by the table?
  • ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    This thread is massive so maybe this got mentioned already. Apologizes for the repeat if it has.

One thing I hope gets tweaked/fixed is when a friend Sim asks mine if they want to hang out tonight. I hoped this would work exactly like when a Sim would ask you to go to a concert, circus or underground event with them. There a time is set to a specific time, then you go. I hate that it could be 9AM in the morning, a friend will call telling you about there being a party that night, and you're taken to the venue immediately instead of later in the evening.
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • Jozee61Jozee61 Posts: 1 New Member
    I started playing Sims when one of my little cousins introduced me to it I started off with Sims 2 fell in love with it and couldn't wait to Sims 3 came out Sims 3 did not disappoint so of course I couldn't wait till Sims 4 came out unfortunately I was very disappointed with Sims 4 the best thing about Sims 4 is every person you make is unique you can make them any body shape face or whatever but it doesn't have near as much things as Sims 2 or Sims 3, when the children go to school there's no bus they run outside they disappear, why are there no Cars/trucks? when you go on vacation it's so boring that I always end vacation fast and go back home even though I really like the Sims 4 because I believe it has a lot of potential I find it very boring I play with it maybe a hour then I'm ready to turn it off. I'm praying and hoping that very soon cars will be introduced and different animals besides just cats and dogs also more careers and hopefully more clothes, furniture will be introduced also but even though I was very disappointed I'm still a Sims fan
  • gothekstarfiregothekstarfire Posts: 2 New Member
    I have been enjoying my sims 4 experience so far, the loading times are commendably and significantly less and the build mode more flexible. However, I've been having a troubling time with create a sim.

First and foremost, if you accidentally grab a part of the sim by accident or to open the outfits menu, it can mess up what you've worked on so far, and the undo button won't always undo what that accident messes up.

Additionally, with vampires installed, they are hissing every few seconds in create a sim, and often times I have to wait till they are finished before I can continue editing them.

It would be nice if there was also great grand parents or consistent family trees as a very old vampire can marry their great grand children.

I know eventually I'd love to see a cauldron and alchemy in Sims 4 again someday as the rolling boil sounds and elixirs warm my heart of Sims games that came before.

Overall, I am pleased with the latest game from the sims I loved as a child and am hoping more spooky magical wonderful details get added soon.
  • RosophiaRosophia Posts: 1 New Member
    I don't really have anything negative to say about the game and I have been enjoying the packs so far, I do have some suggestions/ideas that would make it a better experience for me at least!

Height differences - Not sure if this has been suggested or is impossible, but I'd really love to be able to make my sim look more like myself, and I'm a VERY short person. It's weird playing as my sim and having her be the same height as my boyfriend when he's significantly taller lol.

More job options? - I'd really like to have a teacher sim, or maybe have babysitting come back. In Sims 3 it was really fun running my own daycare! I'm just getting tired of having so many Sims all as doctors, politicians or chefs. Or now that there's pets, maybe running an adoption center and helping sims find their ideal pet companion? We have so many nice features now, but adding more job varieties would be nice!

Not a huge issue but I saw there wasn't a Tortoiseshell cat option, there's a "similar" color fur pattern but I'd like to be able to have an accurate version of my Tortie on there, I had to paint on a similar pattern which was good enough. Anyone who has a Tortie knows about "Tortitudes" and it would be so awesome to see them portrayed in Sims!

I can't think of anything else right now, thank you!
  • zandrale992zandrale992 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi. For the longest, I've been telling myself that if I could create a pack for the Sims 4, it would be a Romance pack. I felt like it's a good pack idea that's easy to incorporate with previous packs, for example, teens writing private love notes in the journals from Parenthood, children sims randomly feeling embarrassed around other children sims and acting out because of it. More date possibilities like picnics and clubs with live performances to slow dance to. An option to do whatever you want on a date, an invisible metric letting you know by the end if it was successful or not. Tons of potential directions to go. But recently, I've come to realize that maybe I've confused my want for realistic, in-depth interactions based on traits with a desire for more romantic interactions. Let me explain. I experimented by making two sims that were complete opposites traits-wise, and after a little spamming of positive social interactions, they were able to become a happily wedded couple. I also used some relationship cheats to set sim couples at different relationship types and observed. Besides the occasional mean comment, there wasn't a stark difference between the happy couples and the supposed bad couples. I think it would do some good storytelling-wise if there is a way to add some type of compatibility/attraction system to make relationships, whether family, friend or love interest more well, interesting. It would be nice to have those different dynamics, to have the relationship types that are present in the game actually act like it. The hot and cold indecisive couple, the despised marriage on the rocks, the bad romance affair. It would be far more rewarding if we could choose to fix those rocky relationships or be done with them. It would be awesome to have a sim go after another sim out of their league, and get a confidence boost when the date is a success. You have interesting descriptions for your sims, I wish they could be acted out. For example, say you had an awkward trait that kind of plays on social anxiety. It could be the opposite of self-assured. They are randomly embarrassed throughout the day, (e.g. they woke up and remembered something from high school) but can't die from embarrassment. Say they were to go on a date, they could have random awkward dialog options, like talking about an ex, Self-assured sims wouldn't mind because they're confident in themselves, good sims would just be happy to listen, but other sims would feel embarrassed about this particular subject. This is becoming long-winded so, I'm going to finish up. I hope some depth with interactions and traits is added, and I feel like a romance pack is a good frame to revamp it. I feel like the foundation is there, with the way sims greet each other or the reactions sims have to seeing the ex has moved on I see sometimes in my gameplay. I also think the ideas were there, I just found out about the pulled woohoo skill, and I think it would have been interesting if you maxed the skill so you were charismatic enough to seduce any sim, but based on personality compatibility, the woohoo would still be bad. Hopefully something gets implemented so we could have relationships with family, friends, and lovers as unique as our sims.
  • DeskCoffeeDeskCoffee Posts: 5 New Member
    This thread is huge, so if my suggestion has been suggested already sorry. (If it is can you link the post or posts?)

Anyways, I really do hope you guys add in Werewolves in the Sims 4.

I really like that in the Sims 2 you had to find a wolf with glowing eyes, befriend him/her, and then be nibbled.
    I feel like the Sims 4 should have a similar way of becoming a werewolf.
    As for the werewolf form though, I'm not sure what it would or should look like. They looked like monkey people in the Sims 2 and 3 kinda but I don't think going full on anthro is a good idea. Not sure if they should turn into dogs either, though.

I would like the Werewolf leveling system to be similar to the Vampires where they need to do werewolf things and become a higher level to unlock optional powers and weaknesses. However, I highly frown upon the whole "Alpha" "Beta" "Omega" stereotypes that the mass media clings on to as if it were the frickin wolf bible. (Science has proven those terms to be wrong.)
    I would greatly appreciate it if you used different terms for the leveling system.
  • fandan20fandan20 Posts: 28 Member
    Happy The Sims 4 Launch week!

For Simmers who are playing TS4 - we invite you to share your feedback in this sticky.

Share:
    • What you liked
    • What you didn't like
    • Suggestions?
    • Overall thoughts?

If you are experiencing issues, they are best posted here:
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/bd-p/The-Sims-4

Or here:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/775749/sims-4-base-game-bug-thread-please-read-the-first-post-before-posting#latest

More get to work update please, please FIX these issues though:

1. I hope i can open my retail store at home just like vet and restaurant, i mean why do we have to go to retail every second we want open it while we already have an employe there, PLEASE FIX THIS

2. I want the doctor get fixed too, more efficient coworkers so im not working alone at the hospital tho, you should fix the coworker policy, then IM GONNA HAPPY WITH THE SIMS 4, Pleaseeee....
  • fandan20fandan20 Posts: 28 Member
    Happy The Sims 4 Launch week!

For Simmers who are playing TS4 - we invite you to share your feedback in this sticky.

Share:
    • What you liked
    • What you didn't like
    • Suggestions?
    • Overall thoughts?

If you are experiencing issues, they are best posted here:
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/bd-p/The-Sims-4

Or here:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/775749/sims-4-base-game-bug-thread-please-read-the-first-post-before-posting#latest

1. Please FIX the retail policy so I can open it from home just like vet and restaurants, why would i need to be there when i already have employes to take care,
    2. I want you guys to fix the doctor career, make it more realistic... its like im working alone at the hospital, my coworkers do nothing. PLEASE.
    3. I want you guys to make another game pack that allows us to open the store directly from the home, just like what you have done to The SIms 2, I mean to have Sims get in the line to pay their stuffs, oh i miss that one yo,
    4. I CANT WAIT FOR UNIVERSITY,
  • Jazzy575Jazzy575 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, I have been a huge fan on sims since sims 2. I myself am all about the story line. I'm not too much of a builder. I wish that weddings had a bigger impact in the game as they do in real life. Like you can choose to have a parent give you away, have bridesmaids and groomsmen, a maid of honour and best man etc. It seems like weddings always go by so fast and almost seem insignificant. Having a gift table and a first dance. It just would be nice to add little touches that would enhance the game play so much.
    I would also enjoy seeing:
    1. Introduce your significant other to your parents.
    2. Ask Grandma and Grandpa to babysit.
    3. Have the rumours and labels come in from the Sims 3 to create more drama.
    4. Divorce have more of an impact.
    5. Going through puberty.
    Overall it's a very great game and there are only a few additions I would like to see. I would also love to have a generations like expansion pack coming soon.
    Thanks.
  • draiglebageldraiglebagel Posts: 2 New Member
    I have seen a couple suggestions like mine and want to add my voice as well. I would love if there were more career options. It would be nice if young adult through elder sims had access to the same careers as teens or had a similar set of additional careers that didn't require so much skill development so that sims can focus more on their hobby skills and relationships.

It would also be cool if sims could choose some of the current NPC careers for their own, such as yoga instructor and massage specialists from the Spa Day pack. It is a huge dream of mine to have my sims be yoga/wellness instructors. Careers based on other packs like park ranger or alternative medicine for Outdoor Retreat, bowling attendant for Bowling Stuff, and so on could be cool as well. Other non-pack careers such as librarian, retail associate, barista, dog walker, mechanic, teacher, chemist, move theater attendant, etc. would be awesome.
  • Trusty_McCoolGuyTrusty_McCoolGuy Posts: 13 New Member
    Hello! I have some feedback regarding an error. The new Hanging Werewolf Wall Jumper under Wall Sculptures has a grammatical error/typo.

As you can see (I would have posted a link but you'll have to look in game) it says "But a lot of folks pay good simoleons for that kind of affect."

The word you're looking for here is effect. Affect = to influence something/to be influenced. Effect = the result, in layman's terms. IE: Sarah was AFFECTed by the sculpture's horrific expression, vs. A lot of sims want the EFFECT of horrifying their guests with this sculpture.

Please fix this soon! It's seriously distracting and I want to use this item but knowing that the description is wrong bugs the life out of me.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    I would be very grateful if you could change the Butler command "Sleep" to "go to bed" as he has been taking a nap on the very seat my lady Sim is sitting on when she issues the command.

He did go to his own bed when the male Sim who employed him used the same command though later.

I'm not sure if this happened before Seasons. I only got him for my young couple as there is so much to get through these days!

• hufflepuff86hufflepuff86 Posts: 7 New Member
    I'd like to see more design options to get more creative with your building - like staircases to be able to split-level homes. Or just different options for staircases in general so it's not always the same straight style. For the kitchens, I'd like to be able to do more modern and realistic designs with back-splash. It's just a little frustrating when you're doing your home designs and all the decorating options are so outdated with the exception of a few things. Please expand decorating choices. Pretty, pretty please!