Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 aging cheats?

I have always enjoyed creating one family and playing them forever. I found a way to turn aging off, and of course make it longer/shorter etc. However, I cannot find a way to automatically age someone so I don't have to keep aging on. If I leave aging on, the young adults will still age and eventually die. I tried the testingcheats and edit in CAS, but that doesn't let you alter the ages. Has anyone found this cheat? I can't believe they'd leave it out, although I suppose I wouldn't put it past them. Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    I believe you can age up any sims at any time by baking a cake, putting birthday candles on it, and having the sim blow out the candles. I'm sure there's a cheat somewhere, but this isn't too difficult to keep you going until you find the cheat :)
  • Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    Ooh! I didn't know you could do that. I will give it a try. I completely forgot about cakes. Thanks so much!
  • Options
    Imani.j.wilsonImani.j.wilson Posts: 2 New Member
    Btw there is a cheat for changing their age. You have to do testingcheats true then cas.fulleditmode and then you can change their age, features and everything else no matter where you are in a game.
  • Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    Thanks for resurrecting this, but I figured that out a while ago. Sorry!
  • Options
    Alyza_1Alyza_1 Posts: 311 Member
    It isn't working for me. I did testing cheats true but when I am in cas I can't change her age.
  • Options
    Bookcase_AlphaBookcase_Alpha Posts: 6 New Member
    > @Alyza_1 said:
    > It isn't working for me. I did testing cheats true but when I am in cas I can't change her age.

If you haven't figured this out at this point, you have to do the cheats before you enter CAS mode for it to work.
  • Options
    SpriggyPiggySpriggyPiggy Posts: 5 New Member
    Imani.j.wilson is correct! Go ctrl shift C and then type in testingcheats on. then enter cas.fulleditmode and then you can clikc on change sim and you can change walk, age, gender, voice, etc! Thanks guys
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    There is a cheat to aging forward or backward by days, no by age group?

Is to undo the CAS bug
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    There used to be cheats, but for some reason they were taken out, making the game less the sandbox it should be. You can still use the cake to age sims, but this can not be done for elders. So elders have become a big problem in my save.

Note - if you adjust lifestage in CAS, you only change the stage, how many days the sim is into the lifestage will not be reset. So, I never use CAS for aging up.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg