Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Played some more, really really torn....

1235...Next

Comments

• MckinneyMiniMckinneyMini Posts: 456 Member
    Wow mods debumped the thread and put it on the 12th page

Really? Welp its not anymore :-P. This is getting ridiculous though. I already told Dan Stapleton what they were doing. I PM him on Twitter.
    lol I wonder what Dan will say if he replies

He already replied, we talked about it quite a bit and he basically said that they are trying to hush the neg reviews so that they can get a better word out and max profits. Unfortunately this forum is owned by them so as immoral as it is they can do what they want, so he suggested writing an article on all the unofficial forums.
    Wow i really don't know why EA want to hush the negative reviews its sorta sneaky

It makes them more money. At the end of the day they are a business and their job is to make as much money as humanly possible. This is the official forum so unfortunately as Dan said, as shady as it is, they can delete whatever they want, which is so awful to do to people. I can understand the really bad threads especially the ones where people don't even own the game, but I actually bought it and was actually pretty fair. Luckily, there are WAY more simmers out there that do NOT frequent these forums, I am actually general one of those. I barely ever used the sims 3 forums and in 5 years I made ONE thread lol.
  • robotpanda34robotpanda34 Posts: 3,387 Member
    Wow mods debumped the thread and put it on the 12th page

Really? Welp its not anymore :-P. This is getting ridiculous though. I already told Dan Stapleton what they were doing. I PM him on Twitter.
    lol I wonder what Dan will say if he replies

He already replied, we talked about it quite a bit and he basically said that they are trying to hush the neg reviews so that they can get a better word out and max profits. Unfortunately this forum is owned by them so as immoral as it is they can do what they want, so he suggested writing an article on all the unofficial forums.
    Wow i really don't know why EA want to hush the negative reviews its sorta sneaky

It makes them more money. At the end of the day they are a business and their job is to make as much money as humanly possible. This is the official forum so unfortunately as Dan said, as shady as it is, they can delete whatever they want, which is so awful to do to people. I can understand the really bad threads especially the ones where people don't even own the game, but I actually bought it and was actually pretty fair. Luckily, there are WAY more simmers out there that do NOT frequent these forums, I am actually general one of those. I barely ever used the sims 3 forums and in 5 years I made ONE thread lol.
    Yeah as unfair deleting someone opinion its their site and they
    have a right even tho its unfair but hey life isn't fair.and i just started posting on the forums when it got revamped lol
    edited September 2014
    Ok so I just went back in game and found a couple of more issues that really upset me so I decided to take a break. Oh and it happens a LOT on Kpopps video too sims actually walk THROUGH eachother completely!! Also, when she picked the lot the sims went to a completely different lot and the same happened to me.

Here is what happened in my case. I chose the gym to go with my husband and we ended up at the bar, so then I chose it again and we ended up at the gym finally. Then I wanted to go to the bar and once we got there a bunch of NPC sims were walking through my sim, clean through my sim like she was a ghost!! I am sorry, but that breaks immersion 100% more than a sim tapping their feet. I don't just mean their arms clipped I mean several people walked THROUGH my sim.

So I took a break and decided to watch Kpopps video and the EXACT same thing happened in her video at that same bar. You can see it when her sim goes to get chips and you can see the issue with the lots I'm talking about when she selects to go to the bar and ends up at the gym (the opposite of what happened to me lol)

I hope this helps some of you. I can get passed some of the bugs because bugs are normal, but when sims kept walking through my main sim like she was a ghost it got really infuriating and it broke the immersion for me.

I don't know what to do, I don't know if to return it or not, I am so torn....

• robotpanda34robotpanda34 Posts: 3,387 Member
    The new sims are ghosts now
    The new sims are ghosts now

Haha, I am so torn honestly. Yea that was ridiculous and really bad I am starting to think they left that in when they coded the online game (that is common in SOME online games so characters don't get stuck) I am actually hoping its a bug so it is patched because if its just how they coded the sims then I can't handle it. I don't get how some people can say they don't notice or don't care. When my sim is sitting there and she is talking to her husband and a random sim walks through her I notice!!