Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tilting the Sims 4 Camera up and down?

Comments

• lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    edited September 2014
    If you're in the Sims 4 controls (not the Sims 3 reverted controls) and you hold CTRL and the left mouse button, you can adjust the camera to any angle. It's a little annoying to have to revert back and forth between the two, but it works.
  • Robyn536Robyn536 Posts: 590 Member
    Madaphor wrote: »
    If you hold the Control key while mousing, it'll tilt the camera. I think... I've been playing since midnight, so my brain's not really functioning properly at the moment.

I LOVE you. I could not figure that out at all.
  • jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited September 2014
    What I had to do was go into game options - camera - and check the sims 3 camera mode box. Then to tilt the camera up/down I hold down ctrl button, then hold down the right mouse button, and move the mouse around. At first it was a little weird but I got used to it after a while and have no problems :)

I had to ask the same question before ;)
  • exmk000exmk000 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited September 2014
    > @lynny said:
    > If you're in the Sims 4 controls (not the Sims 3 reverted controls) and you hold CTRL and the left mouse button, you can adjust the camera to any angle. It's a little annoying to have to revert back and forth between the two, but it works.

If I press CTRL it won't allow me to move the camera at all with the left mouse button.

If I press TAB it changes the view so I can basically move the camera around in any way, but it also takes away all the gameplay...
  • lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    exmk000 wrote: »
    > @lynny said:<br />
    > If you're in the Sims 4 controls (not the Sims 3 reverted controls) and you hold CTRL and the left mouse button, you can adjust the camera to any angle. It's a little annoying to have to revert back and forth between the two, but it works.<br />
    <br />
    If I press CTRL it won't allow me to move the camera at all with the left mouse button.

Hmm. That's weird. It won't let me if I'm using the Sims 3 controls, but if I use the default it will.
  • StarMcLight2StarMcLight2 Posts: 1,709 Member
    lynny wrote: »
    If you're in the Sims 4 controls (not the Sims 3 reverted controls) and you hold CTRL and the left mouse button, you can adjust the camera to any angle. It's a little annoying to have to revert back and forth between the two, but it works.

Thank you so much @lynny. This worked beautifully
    tumblr_nboolyIdkK1t7r502o1_250.gif
  • Sam6284Sam6284 Posts: 115 Member
    > @ladybastilla said:
    > I believe that if you go into Game Options --> Camera and Controls you can get "sims 3 camera" and use left mouse + mouse movement to fix this. I had to enable that to make the camera spin for me.

Oh thank you for that! I've been struggling with the camera, it was one of the few things in the game that I was not liking.
  • 8banshee8banshee Posts: 44 Member
    I actually love the new camera! Took some time to get used to but so far loving everything! :#
    tumblr_n90bytlbId1t0vum3o6_r1_400.gif
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    alia_26 wrote: »
    And do we even have the ability to edit color shading of items like in the Sims 3 ?? I know I couldn't in Create-A-Sim for any of the coloring, for example, six colors for a dress and no ability to make it darker or lighter or change colors of parts of an item. I think my disappointment will be at an all time high if that ability is gone !!

Look at MTS for mods that add more color choices for clothes and such. But we do not have any ingame way to adjust the colors at all. We just get the preset choices. You can't make things match like we could in TS3 nor can we affect the hue/value of the color. :(

Mylita

No friends requests, please.
  • wavycurlyswirlswavycurlyswirls Posts: 3 New Member
    > @mmfliflet said:
    > You can also do ctrl then use the up and down arrows. I was stuck about how to tilt the camera angle but found that this way worked too!

Thank you! I like the sims 4 camera and this is useful! :)
  • Brooke123691Brooke123691 Posts: 1 New Member
    Pressing 'T' on my keyboard works for me
  • NOVEMBER_11SARAHNOVEMBER_11SARAH Posts: 767 Member
    edited May 2015
    I still cant figure it out
    New Zealand!!!
    I have dyslexia so my grammar sucks.
    Sim Story:
    https://smfblog11.wordpress.com/
    Simblr:
    http://thestrangenessofstrangetown.tumblr.com/
  • webdznrwebdznr Posts: 572 Member
    edited May 2015
    This will work if your scroll wheel on your mouse is clickable. Go into Options Menu. Select "Game Options". Select "Controls & Camera". Enable "The Sims 3 Camera". Now in the game while you moving the mouse forward or back, click down on the scroll wheel button as you move the mouse. This will tilt your screen down or up.

On a relative side note, I think it's completely 🐸🐸🐸🐸 that they didn't keep the controls in the middle bottom of the screen, accessible at all times like they were in Sims 3. But the Powers That Be decided we had been using the UI wrong all these years and hired someone who obviously doesn't have a history playing the game to hide the controls in the upper right corner. YIPPEE.

Edit: rofl I want to be the person who sits around and thinks up every non-curse, negative word to put in the "PLUM database". *rolls eyes... It's just sunshine and rainbows around here. Too bad this game isn't.
    The Sims 4 :: Think 'inside' the box.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited May 2015
    I still cant figure it out

I was hopping with anger and frustration with the camera when I first got the game. Now that I understand it all and have it setup right, I like it.

There are two camera modes:

Sims 4 mode
    This mode is great for quickly switching between Sims and following them. I use this mode when in large households and I need to switch round Sims quickly to get all their needs sorted before work/school

LMB: Click and drag the screen
    RMB: Rotate left and right around the cursor (If you right click a sim, the rotation is around them)
    Click and hold mouse wheel: This will pan the camera in the direction that you drag the mouse.

Sims 3 mode:
    I use this mode if I want finer grained control over the camera movement and is good for static situations where you can control the angles etc.

LMB: not used.
    Click and hold RMB: Pans the camera in the direction you drag the mouse.
    Click and hold mouse wheel this allows you to rotate in all angles from vertical to the horizon

You can switch between the two modes with CTRL+SHIFT+TAB

I have the Sims Steel Series mouse, but any mouse with extra buttons can make the game much smoother to play.

I have mapped the keyb combination to a spare button, so I can switch the camera mode by just pressing a little button on the mouse. The other button I have mapped to the needs window.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2015
    I'm having issues with the cameras in both 2 and 4 and not being able to tilt is one of them. In S2 when I press tab and go back in player mode again the camera's suddenly somewhere high up in the sky, me looking down.
    The Sims 3 camera works for me like driving a car, I don't even think about what I'm doing anymore, all goes naturally and easy.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • britneywest13britneywest13 Posts: 4 New Member
    Suddenly "T" on my keyboard wont work, but was working fine yesterday. Would really like to make that key work again. When I type "T" in both Sims 4 and 3 Camera mode, the screen sort of flicks but that's it.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Ctrl+E+Mouse seems to tilt the camera too, which I forgot about, but thanks to the GT podcast the Gurus did helped me remember it again. They were playing with it so you could go through the maze in first person view.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • weedblossomweedblossom Posts: 2 New Member
    Ctrl and arrows worked for me. It was driving me batty, not being able to maneuver around the screen like I could Sims 3. I only just got Sims 4 so I'm still learning the ropes.
  • emo_giraffesemo_giraffes Posts: 1 New Member
    If you hold control while using the up and down arrows it tilts!
  • KitKat256KitKat256 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm on a laptop and I usually use the control and down or up button to tilt the screen
  • Linds6606Linds6606 Posts: 72 Member
    I just tried the Sims 3 camera with control & it kind of worked for me. It's a little confusing because this whole time I've just been using the default camera. I don't like how I have to hold down the right mouse button rather than the left. I do like the angles better though! :)
  • LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    If you play on a Mac, you can tilt the camera (on Sims 3 camera mode) by pressing COMMAND + the UP or DOWN arrow keys :) I don't know if this works for TS4 camera mode, but it does work if you change the camera to Sims 3 mode.
  • caiyancaiyan Posts: 3 New Member
    My problem is how do you do this or even if you can do this when your in the picture mode when making your sim use the photography skill in game.
  • dylanplaysthesims4dylanplaysthesims4 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey I had the tilt screen thing but I must of clicked a random button which stopped me from being able to look at my sims at eye level and from right above and all the inbetween in live mode and build mode
  • CreativeMom88CreativeMom88 Posts: 53 Member
    I can't tilt at all. Holding Ctrl + the right mouse button does Nothing, absolutely Nothing! I think my wheel is finally giving out. Put in new batt and I can't tilt to save my soul in Sims 3 camera control. So my wheel is not usable to tilt.
    So how else can I tilt? I'd rather NOT look down all the time when building on a lot.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top