Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Change camera angle?

Jaz51279Jaz51279 Posts: 2 New Member
How do I move the camera vertically. I know how to zoom, and that it tilts the camera as you get closer. I'd like to have the camera slightly zoomed out, but less birds eye view.

I can't seem to find any info on tilting the camera.

Comments

• Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited September 2014
    I think I remember seeing info that said that you cannot adjust the t.ilt (can't believe that word's still censored), that the game automatically chooses what it thinks is the best angle. But it would be great if someone in the know can verify this.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    I just went to the Controls and Camera options and changed the setting to the TS3 camera to be able to tilt the camera better.
  • Options
    SimLover23SimLover23 Posts: 362 Member
    Thanks I just set it to sims 3 it was aggravating me. It still seems the same though..
  • Options
    Robyn536Robyn536 Posts: 590 Member
    I've also changed it to TS3 camera and it doesn't seem any different. I really don't like the t.ilt angle that it seems set as.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    You have to hold you mouse wheel down and then move your mouse up or down to t-ilt.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    nhaggsnhaggs Posts: 20 New Member
    > @sillyangel0906 said:
    > You have to hold you mouse wheel down and then move your mouse up or down to t-ilt.
    This works if it is in TS3 camera.
  • Options
    wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    You have to hold you mouse wheel down and then move your mouse up or down to t-ilt.

Thank you soooo much! :D

• Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,656 Member
    Just the answers I came here to find out. :)
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    DreahxoxoDreahxoxo Posts: 1 New Member
    Can someone clarify holding the mouse wheel down part? I'm on a laptop (with a touch pad) and I'm also trying to figure it out and I'm so confused. I have tried right clicking and moving my mouse but that just moves the camera around.
  • Options
    chiannamorganchiannamorgan Posts: 1 New Member
    yeah I'm having the same problem on my laptop :/ switching to ts3 camera does nothing for me.
  • Options
    Supergirl9909Supergirl9909 Posts: 1 New Member
    on a laptop/touch pad its difficult to "hold the wheel down" and im not sure if itll even work well in the game but (practice in an internet browser or something) you have to hold down one finger (like left click but NOT on the button) and then use a second finger for the scrolling motion.
    i really hope this makes sense!!

tbh im having this issue too :( and i really want there to be a vertical camera especially in buy/build mode
  • Options
    TrickTrick Posts: 1,538 Member
    You don't need to use the mouse wheel. You can hold down the control key and use the right mouse button to move the angle up and down.
    banner-onlysims-800x140-1.png
    Because Geeks Really Do Have More Fun
  • Options
    jesse94jesse94 Posts: 10 New Member
    > @Trick said:
    > You don't need to use the mouse wheel. You can hold down the control key and use the right mouse button to move the angle up and down.
    With the default camera control, this doesn't work at all.
  • Options
    BashfulNessBashfulNess Posts: 1 New Member
    To get the birds eye view, just touch Fn + T on the keyboard, apply to the same thing when you want to disable it
  • Options
    mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    What I do is hold the control button and use the arrow up and down keys. I think the T only works in build mode.
  • Options
    Diamond_98 Diamond_98 Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="Jaz51279;776122"]How do I move the camera vertically. I know how to zoom, and that it tilts the camera as you get closer. I'd like to have the camera slightly zoomed out, but less birds eye view.

I can't seem to find any info on tilting the camera.[/quote]

Go into Tab mode and choose the angle you want. Then exit tab mode and you should stay in that angle.
    Works For Laptop.
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    I'm on a laptop. For whatever reason the mouse wheel doesn't work for me for the t.ilt. I have sims 3 camera enabled and in order to move the camera up, down, side to side, etc I hold down ctrl and the right mouse button and then just move the mouse around. Then I use the wheel to zoom in/out. It took me a little while to get used to but now it's just second nature.
  • Options
    KishKish Posts: 34 Member
    > @sillyangel0906 said:
    > You have to hold you mouse wheel down and then move your mouse up or down to t-ilt.

Goodness you are a life saver, I couldn't find it anywhere and sometimes it's level and othertimes I might as well be looking straight down on my house!
  • Options
    ValdescaValdesca Posts: 20 Member
    Trick wrote: »
    You don't need to use the mouse wheel. You can hold down the control key and use the right mouse button to move the angle up and down.

sims 3 camera and mouse pad THANKS!!!
  • Options
    EriEri Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="jaxie086;c-13082253"]I'm on a laptop. For whatever reason the mouse wheel doesn't work for me for the t.ilt. I have sims 3 camera enabled and in order to move the camera up, down, side to side, etc I hold down ctrl and the right mouse button and then just move the mouse around. Then I use the wheel to zoom in/out. It took me a little while to get used to but now it's just second nature.[/quote]

Perfectly explained and works for me. Thank you so much
  • Options
    Hello_Katie7Hello_Katie7 Posts: 34 Member
    > @BashfulNess said:
    > To get the birds eye view, just touch Fn + T on the keyboard, apply to the same thing when you want to disable it

I came here literally to find the answer to this!! ^^^^

THANK YOU :)