Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Missing Mod Folder?

EgonderingerEgonderinger Posts: 1 New Member
edited December 2022 in General Mods Discussion
From all the tutorials that I've seen, EA has included a dedicated Mod folder as part of the install for both the CAS Demo and the Sims 4 game itself. However, neither of my installs have a mods folder.

I have extensive experience using mods in Sims 3, so I don't think I'm just missing it. Any ideas on what could be causing this/how to fix it?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• MyreMylarMyreMylar Posts: 80 Member
    Where are you looking?

For the Demo the Mods folder is in your /Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo/ folder rather than the install directory. I imagine the full game works in the same manner.
  • Melly9503Melly9503 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having the same issue. However my sims folder can be found under Program Files>Origin Games, I wonder if that's what's causing it?

I was thinking I could maybe add the folder myself but then I wouldn't have the resource.cfg file that's supposed to be in it. Any solutions to this problem or any tips on how to add custom content in other ways would be appreciated, as I have no experience with this.
  • simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    I have a resource file uploaded that I can link you to if you need @Melly9503 but the game is indeed in program files/origin games, that's where it belongs.
    The saves and the mods folder, however, are where Myre says (well, for demo, for the full game the last part is The Sims 4 instead of cas demo)
    HSon1Mq.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top