Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The new search function in build mode

ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
Wow! We have needed this thing for a very long time. I cant count how many times I have spent long minutes searching through the miscellaneous category trying to find a particular object that I KNOW is there...but I just cant find. So frustrating! I think anyone who builds knows exactly what I am talking about.

bd1211a2-c7b7-4d46-ae05-2580b9932370.png

The new search function totally cuts through that frustration. Just put in a word or descriptor and it will bring up anything that applies. I wasnt sure if the copper mold in the shape of a cow would be in wall decor or misc or sculpture. All I had to do was put in "cow" and there it was! Yahoo! You can also put in a descriptor such as modern or country....and it will bring up anything that has that in the title AND tell you where it is in the catalog.

search3.png

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    The search function looks and sounds great! :) It will be very helpful! It will save a lot of time when trying to find an item, as well as showing items that would suit a type of theme that we are wanting to use. Thankyou for posting the pictures about it. :)
  • Options
    VinoCroweVinoCrowe Posts: 21 Member
    I, too, am very excited about this. The digging was annoying at best, especially when you had a bunch of expansion packs or stuff packs. It was nuts.
  • Options
    mfhewsonmfhewson Posts: 1 New Member
    It has come in hand a few times now! :)
  • Options
    tayloremxxtayloremxx Posts: 543 Member
    Oh, thats handy! Thanks for the tip Ruthless!
  • Options
    LoveEvilLoveEvil Posts: 1,654 Member
    Sometimes I used to grab things as I went through the different stages of building and put them in the garden just in case I wanted them, that way I knew where they were when I got round to decorating my sims kitchen, living room etc. lol

Am glad to see this being added to the game as it will be a great time saver.
  • Options
    DimitraGDimitraG Posts: 136 Member
    I've been playing TS2 UC lately, and since it's a combination of all the ep's and sp's that have ever existed, there's truly an abundance of items in buy mode (especially the decor section oh god) and i've wasted a lot of precious time browsing through all of the content to find that one item i need. Same in TS3, even though i had way less content there since i only owned two EP's. I think this is gonna be one of the features that I hadn't realised how much i needed..
    2sam69h.jpg
  • Options
    sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    I am so glad they put that in! I wish they would have patched that into TS3, le sigh.
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • Options
    LoveEvil wrote: »
    Sometimes I used to grab things as I went through the different stages of building and put them in the garden just in case I wanted them, that way I knew where they were when I got round to decorating my sims kitchen, living room etc. lol

Am glad to see this being added to the game as it will be a great time saver.

I did this too....if I saw something I might possibly need while I was looking for something else, I would grab it and stick it in the yard so I wouldnt have to go hunt it down later. Lol!
  • Options
    LoreleyLeeLoreleyLee Posts: 1,384 Member
    That is a great addition to the menu! I sometimes was on the edge of loosing any fun while getting lost in the tiny icons of misc decor.

Thanks, Ruth! I'm pretty sure, you played a role in this development!

BIG squishy hugs!! <3
    ♥ Ellen approved ♥
    kibb_LL2_zps9ddc3f77.gif
  • Options
    LilgirlShadowLilgirlShadow Posts: 1,302 Member
    YES! Thank you! This was much needed in TS3! :#
  • Options
    mcsnjbmcsnjb Posts: 3,464 Member
    Oh this feature will save me so much time, I really can't get over how good this news is. :) Thanks for sharing. :)

Lots of love and hugs. :)
  • Options
    TwilightVampiresTwilightVampires Posts: 86 Member
    I really like this new function :)
    " Forgive others not because they deserve forgiveness, but because you deserve peace"
    I AM A MAC PLAYER
    EK I GET TO PLAY THE SIMS 4 ON 17/02/15!
  • Options
    SparkleSparkle Posts: 1,476 Member
    Yahoo!

Now come on, surely you mean "Google!"

Origin: sparklesim | Twitter | Facebook | Click below to read about my Sims 4 Hood
    SparkleSimsSig2.png
  • Options
    CmnshtrCmnshtr Posts: 1,221 Member
    I have already used that and that was one of my favorite additions.
    h2xmsbl
  • Options
    heaven1heaven1 Posts: 177 Member
    it certainly cuts search time down :)
  • Options
    Sparkle wrote: »
    Yahoo!

Now come on, surely you mean "Google!"

ROFL!!!!
  • Options
    MaclimesMaclimes Posts: 513 Member
    Do you know if the search function allows you to find career objects? Like if I search "Astronaut", will it show me all the unlockable items for the Astronaut career? Or is there any easier way to find that?
  • Options
    berng00berng00 Posts: 122 Member
    I love this feature! Long overdue.