Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Genetics system produces very realistic kids

I have been playing around with the genetics system to see how well it works and I have to say, I am really pleased. There is an actual blending of features that I find to be very natural and realistic. I cant wait to start a legacy and watch how the traits carry though the generations.

More pix and info on my blog at http://getsimplyruthless.blogspot.com/2014/09/its-all-in-genes-sims-4-genetics-system.html

bfe53628-84fa-4c54-8d6d-b1ef39bc68c1.png

And on a related side note....how adorable is this little girl?

22b5141f-248c-42e0-88e1-5e7e72ad6e5c.png

Comments

• Options
    wrswrs2wrswrs2 Posts: 935 Member
    It's nice to know Genetics work in this game! In TS3 my Sims would either look just like Mom or just like Dad and that wasn't realistic! It's the only thing I dislike about TS3 haha.
    http://ecoast.tumblr.com/ --- Simblr + Im Kreis Custom Content
    http://tmmts4.tumblr.com/ --- Top Model Magazine Cover Archive
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Aww! Very adorable! They look much realistic! :)
  • Options
    LewanaM00nLewanaM00n Posts: 321 Member
    Yeah I'm happy to see that! Can't wait to pay a legacy :)
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    The blending of skintones is WONDERFUL!!!!!! Love it. And yes, that girl is absolutely adorable
  • Options
    lady8janelady8jane Posts: 350 Member
    Great blog post, thank you! It's amazing how different all the children are looking.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    They look so beautiful and utterly realistic! Thank you for posting these! Oh gosh, I just can't wait anymore!!! :'(
  • Options
    DopieDopeSimDopieDopeSim Posts: 84 Member
    Aww, the kids are so cute! :D I'm glad they look so much better in this game, didn't like them much in TS3..
  • Options
    rooroomay1509rooroomay1509 Posts: 2,693 Member
    Well good to know they blend pretty well. Also curious about the genetics in TS4, further. I made a thread dedicated to finding out all there is about genetics in TS4. :D
  • Options
    RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    Read your last statement in your blog :) and totally agree!!! Thanks for sharing :)
    I tried many many combinations and I was truly pleased with the results. I feel very confident that watching our sims reproduce over time in a legacy type situation will be very entertaining and more realistic than ever before.
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    Has anyone confirmed if hair color stays the same in the sim DNA even if you change your hair color during gameplay?
  • Options
    typicalgeminitypicalgemini Posts: 11,295 Member
    I love how the kids resemble the parents but look different at the same time! I have a sim in my sims 3 game who is literally a clone of her mother. They have exactly the same face, hair colour and eye colour. XD
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    This makes me so excited to play Legacies! Love the genetics in Sims 4; and this is a step-up from Sims 3 genetics.. because they were.. :/ .. well.. they were just awful. D; lol. Though I wish we would be able to have toddlers in our games. :( But it's okay... I have hope that toddlers won't be far away. *Pokes EA*.
  • Options
    pr0x1mapr0x1ma Posts: 5,898 Member
    Wow. The blending is amazing. Very realistic. Even though most of my sims in TS3 would look kinda like both parents, it was heavy handed leaning more to one than the other. I like how this shows a realistic blend. Very nice B)
    tumblr_mr2v3r8OEc1rsik0po1_400.gif
  • Options
    Rhouse2009Rhouse2009 Posts: 78 Member
    That's very realistic! I can't wait to play around with genetics as well! There will be so much you can do with it now that they've made it easier to make sims of different ethnicity.
    To inSIMity & beyond!
  • Options
    rooroomay1509rooroomay1509 Posts: 2,693 Member
    I hated families in TS3 honestly....now I can have awesome diverse families! :'D
  • Options
    Quintanaroo05Quintanaroo05 Posts: 448 Member
    Thank you for the pics! Genetics have always been one of my favorite parts of the game. I'm glad to see it's been so well improved upon.
    Origin ID: Quintanaroo05
    Simblr: Luck of the Jelly Bean Tree
  • Options
    meggera007meggera007 Posts: 382 Member
    That is awesome! Thanks for sharing! :)
  • Options
    MrsBurton27MrsBurton27 Posts: 37 Member
    Finally! I can see playing a legacy past two generations now that each kid looks unique and an actual mix instead of just a copy of mom or dad :p Thanks for sharing!
    Ariel-Singing-tumblr.gif
  • Options
    jessica00021jessica00021 Posts: 267 Member
    The kids look so cute I think I going to have three kids. In the game now I can't wait to play
  • Options
    SimLover23SimLover23 Posts: 362 Member
    I am trying so hard to avoid reading and watching others reviews and pics.. I want the excitement by experiencing it myself. Lol I have avoided all the live streams. I just had to peak in here though :#
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    This genetics is real good news

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    reni344reni344 Posts: 362 Member
    edited September 2014
    Has anyone seen any ugly kids yet? Every single one I have seen so far all are extremely good looking. I am almost tempted to take a male and female sim from the ugly to beauty challenges to see what the kids would look like.

Edit: For grammar error sorry
  • Options
    hereforthesimshereforthesims Posts: 106 Member
    Yes! I love legacy challenges and it'll be great to have kids that aren't clones of the parents.
    thorne_zps21f5e8b2.jpg
    ll The Thorne Legacy ll Violet Thorne ll Founder ll
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    Cuties!
  • Options
    ts3semlts3seml Posts: 440 Member
    Finally! I can see playing a legacy past two generations now that each kid looks unique and an actual mix instead of just a copy of mom or dad :p Thanks for sharing!

All the more reason to have some type of family tree or something like it. I'd love to be able to have some way to track all of it over time outside if my memory.