Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lighting mod needed urgently!!

After watching TheSimSupply's Let's Play and seeing him attempt to brighten up the interior of his Sim's home, I've realised this game desperately needs an indoor lighting mod. I've suspected it for a long time, but 99.9% of the interiors I've seen are much too dark. They just seem so cold and uninviting. They need brightening up asap.

Comments

• RafkinRafkin Posts: 6 New Member
    So our fancy new engine can't do lighting as well as pools or digging. Good thing Maxis doesn't make cars, we'd have to get out and spin that lever thing to get it started.
  • Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    Have you also posted this in the mods forum here?
  • SlyBootsSlyBoots Posts: 559 Member
    I agree, in TS3 I always turned my lights up to 'bright' because everything seemed too dim and shadowy. I hope they have a feature like this in TS4!
  • Snosrap522Snosrap522 Posts: 754 Member
    Apparently you can with ceiling lights as in sims 3 they give off different brightness I limited myself to just a couple of lights in sims 3 for this reason.
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    Dark interior lighting is something I've noticed throughout all the game play so I definitely agree with the OP about this. Brighter lighting is urgently needed!
  • carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    i havea light mod for sims3 installed hopefully that creator will make a sims4 one
  • TMarieTMarie Posts: 183 Member
    I'm guessing they don't have those invisible lights available in buydebug. Do they even have buydebug in Sims 4?
    Origin I.D. : TovahMarie

"Plum went to the plum to plum plumly"

tumblr_n0solrOrvy1ts8vabo2_400.gif

• halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    I have said that right from the beginning, posted about it too.
    The ceiling lights make things little better but there is a big difference between outdoors and indoors!

In Sims 2 when you have windows during the day you do not need much light but here even when indoor lights are open and its daytime it is still dim
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    ad there's no buydebug cheat as of now so we can't do that lighting
  • RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    I wonder, as builders, if we actually have to care about what angle our house is situated - in terms of what time of day will bring light into what room. My kitchen in real life faces west, and I love the sunlight that comes in during the evenings. For the Sims 4, I think we just need to use a lot of windows, and on the best walls for bringing in those rays :)

Or mods. lol.
  • TMarieTMarie Posts: 183 Member
    cooli02000 wrote: »
    ad there's no buydebug cheat as of now so we can't do that lighting

That's what I feared....I used those invisible lights all the time in TS3 when I couldn't find a light that worked with a room.
    Origin I.D. : TovahMarie

"Plum went to the plum to plum plumly"

tumblr_n0solrOrvy1ts8vabo2_400.gif

• kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    I don't get it. In TS2 the lighting was wonderful. Not too bright, not to dark. It felt very inviting. How hard is it to recreate something that you did 10 years ago?
  • BrandiBugBrandiBug Posts: 1,313 Member
    I'm not sure what you guys are talking about, once I put lights into my house it was plenty bright o_O I usually have to increase gamma for my liking with PC games, but not with TS4.
    giphy.gif
  • VonSimsVonSims Posts: 186 Member
    SlyBoots wrote: »
    I agree, in TS3 I always turned my lights up to 'bright' because everything seemed too dim and shadowy. I hope they have a feature like this in TS4!

I wish I had your version of TS3. The lighting in mine used to blind me and it had that annoying glow.

• SimGuruMeatballSimGuruMeatball Posts: 314 Member
    Out of curiosity, what is it you want the mod to achieve?
    Art Director @ Maxis
    @SimGuruMeatball
  • kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    BrandiBug wrote: »
    I'm not sure what you guys are talking about, once I put lights into my house it was plenty bright o_O I usually have to increase gamma for my liking with PC games, but not with TS4.
    Yeah TS3 is rally bright for me. The kitchen counters would be so blindingly bright, if I put a light near it.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I wonder, as builders, if we actually have to care about what angle our house is situated - in terms of what time of day will bring light into what room. My kitchen in real life faces west, and I love the sunlight that comes in during the evenings. For the Sims 4, I think we just need to use a lot of windows, and on the best walls for bringing in those rays :)

Or mods. lol.

I do think it will be worth checking the different times of day in the build/buy lighting options, and to think about window size and tree placement and overhangs and the like.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    edited September 2014

Hi, we would like it to be a bit brighter. We also want to know if the buydebug cheat will come back.

• alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member

For the interiors to look much brighter. Not as vibrant as outside, but I wish it didn't look so dark indoors. A lot of us have been concerned about this for a while now.
  • NekogrrlNekogrrl Posts: 54 Member
    I personally like it to achieve a brighter glow to the over all room.
  • SimGuruMeatballSimGuruMeatball Posts: 314 Member

Hi, we would like it to be a bit brighter. We also want to know if they buydebug cheat will come back.

What would you like to be brighter? :) How dark things are when there are no lights in a enclosed room?
    Art Director @ Maxis
    @SimGuruMeatball
  • RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member

Hi, we would like it to be a bit brighter. We also want to know if the buydebug cheat will come back.

Plus I know the people that like to do those modeling things need really good lighting and lighting placement.

Like the Sims Fashionista magazine -

simsvip.com/2014/09/01/sims-fashionista-magazine-issue-26-out-now/

• alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member

Hi, we would like it to be a bit brighter. We also want to know if they buydebug cheat will come back.

What would you like to be brighter? :) How dark things are when there are no lights in a enclosed room?

No, when lots of lights are added and set to maximum intensity the interiors still look too dark. We'd like the maximum to be brighter.

Thank you for joining the discussion by the way, I hope you guys take our feedback onboard. :)

Well, like invisible lights please. Will that return with the buydebug cheat?
  • CrowRidgeStudioCrowRidgeStudio Posts: 233 Member
    edited September 2014
    Yes, the interiors look *much* too dark to me--especially during daytime, and even with windows. It would be great to have the overall ambient light made brighter indoors...at least during the day (if not night as well.)