Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cannot Install (Preload) Error with VC++ Runtime??

The title pretty much says it all. Sims 4 AND the CAS demo are in my Origin account. I downloaded and installed them fine on my computer, but cannot on my kids' computer. I click "Preload" and after a few seconds a box pops up saying

"Error: The VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue. (1603)"

Has anyone else encountered this problem? I have tried everything I can possibly think of to fix it. I have uninstalled VC Runtime, tried to reinstall, which didn't work. Tried to repair the game through Origin. Didn't work. I rolled the computer back to a previous point (before I uninstalled VC++). Didn't work. I get the same error with CAS and TS4.

Any suggestions? Or even "You're not alone" comments on this???

Thanks!

Comments

• ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    hi @PrincessRainbow first thing confirm the OS system is fully up to date, if not run updates and reboot
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    Do you have Admin perms on this computer?
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
    also it appears its possible that removing an recent update could be the fix as well http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/sims-4-vc-error-code-1603/td-p/3322605
  • PrincessRainbowPrincessRainbow Posts: 132 Member
    Yes, the OS is up to date.

Yes, I have Admin perms on this computer.
    If I click "Repair Game" through Origin, it will go through the motions, like it's going to install, then it "Pauses Repair" and just sits there, until I click "Cancel Repair". :/
    If I click "Repair Game" through Origin, it will go through the motions, like it's going to install, then it "Pauses Repair" and just sits there, until I click "Cancel Repair". :/

ok do review the link i provided above it has two options for fix
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    also it appears its possible that removing an recent update could be the fix as well http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/sims-4-vc-error-code-1603/td-p/3322605
    I was looking at the same link MLadyD7 posted in the BF thread. ;)
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    @Ceejay402 I could kiss you right now!!!! It worked! Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! I was getting so frustrated!! :D
    AWESOME!!! which solution worked, the one removing the windows update?
    edited September 2014
    Glad to know that link does have the solution. Cool Beans!

@ceejay402, I have http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2918614 installed since 8/15. I'm going to leave it in and see what happens when I do my install.
    Yes, removing the Windows update that is talked about in that link worked! I uninstalled the update, the game installed, then I re-installed the update. I guess I will have to wait and see if the game is actually playable, but it solved the install error/issue!
    thank you for confirmation!
    Yes, removing the Windows update that is talked about in that link worked! I uninstalled the update, the game installed, then I re-installed the update. I guess I will have to wait and see if the game is actually playable, but it solved the install error/issue!
    Awesome! :)

• Aquarius2022Aquarius2022 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey guys I'm having the same problem, except when I searched for the file in my Installed Updates window nothing could be found. I tried uninstalling and fixing my game's glitch where the text bubbles were either blank or had coding in them. Now, each time I try installing TS4 in Origin it gives me an error 1601 message and I don't know what to do. I've called Origin, Acer manufacturers, and Windows but none of them know what's going on and I just want to go back to my beautiful Sims. Please help
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    edited August 2016
    Hey guys I'm having the same problem, except when I searched for the file in my Installed Updates window nothing could be found. I tried uninstalling and fixing my game's glitch where the text bubbles were either blank or had coding in them. Now, each time I try installing TS4 in Origin it gives me an error 1601 message and I don't know what to do. I've called Origin, Acer manufacturers, and Windows but none of them know what's going on and I just want to go back to my beautiful Sims. Please help

Helo
    If you continue to receive the error 1601 message this link may help.
    http://smallbusiness.chron.com/fix-windows-installer-error-1601-56981.html

This link may help if you have the vc runtime error message
    https://help.ea.com/article/your-vc-runtime-package-has-not-installed-correctly-error-troubleshooting