Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Base Game Bug Thread - Please read the first post before posting

Comments

• crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    @Vlydia713: I've added.

@Ashcarr: if you use testingcheats true and shift-click on the Sims you get an option Reset Object (Debug). Could you try if that does something more than the resetsim cheat.

@PolishQT19: Maybe twins ? For your demo baby please check the third post and post in that linked thread there

@MzNikiSweet: Noticed that too. Added all your issues

@vancanuckfan86: What traits does your Sim have ?

@MrsBurton27: With the cheat ? I've added

@OblvionIV: Did you try resetting her with the cheat resetsim firstname lastname ?

@NightmareCandle, @Cass9: I've added the issue

@Lightests: Added your issues. About Violin: Not sure how it works but was the skill high enough ?

@Aiasa: Do you not have the option or does it not work ?

@ihartsnape: I've added

@mana0143: Did resetsim not work ? I've added

@Foxybrownunlimit: I've added

@Desirai: Added

@PurpleM00n: Did you try resetting the Sim ?

@jirlucfan: Please make a thread in tech

@Saskia507: Yes, listed that now

@phate_phoenix: Great. Thanks for the feedback

@Penelope: Just the maid or do other Sims also have issues in that spot ?

@Chain: Did you try moving the bassinet somewhere else to see if you have the same issue ? Do you have glitched babies or do they look ok ?

@Kylerzmom: Not sure how that works yet but it doesn't necessarily sound like a bug to me

@Eraste: Are you playing with just one Sim or do you have another to try if the same happens ?

@tarynkayb: So you have a glitched baby ? Did you post in the thread linked on the first page ?

@ron33079: Could be intentional. I'll ask around

@ThoddyEA: Thank you for that information

@Daethaqt: Sorry, I don't understand what you are trying to say

@mwdonohue: Why not, what troubles do you have ? Works fine for me. You need to remove a trait to change them. Define other things.

@Desirai: Not sure what's going on. It's better if you made a thread in tech for crashing

@blewis823: Hey. I have to say I'm a tad bit surprised to see you here but I'll add that to the first page

@ebuchala: Try updating or reinstalling your sound drivers.

@Batman82497: I would wait a few days an dsee if you get any message about them

@VampiricDuckies: Try resetting the Sim or moving out and back in

@wulfin: What are your specs ?

UPDATED THROUGH HERE

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    @crinrict I tried this on many different sims. It literally wouldn't let me change the traits or aspirations. It wouldn't let me edit family relationships. It only let me adjust clothes. I couldn't adjust the sims themselves either. Like it let me. But when I went back into live mode it remained unchanged. I'll try this again as I've restarted my computer and who knows? That might've been the problem. But I'll report back if it didn't work.
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited September 2014
    @crinrict, thanks for the suggestion! I'm embarrassed to say that I didn't think of that.

ETA: Tried that and it didn't work. I think someone else on the forums mentioned a similar problem so I'll check the tech forums about it. Thanks again!
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • ErasteEraste Posts: 5 New Member
    edited September 2014
    @crinrict - thank you for responding. My first Sim, created in Willow Creek, had issues pertaining to world items (gems, stuff from time capsules, etc...) disappearing. I made another Sim in Oasis, and he seemed to have a ton of issues with relationship progress not being retained (and job progress). Also, my first character seems to be able to keep his job progression and relationship progression. As for my second Sim, I was unable to test whether or not world items would stay when placed in the world.

Another thing I forgot; one Sim 1, food wasn't staying in the fridge.
  • TheZooblerTheZoobler Posts: 12 New Member
    Sooo.... every single Sim in my world has stopped moving. They look around, breathe, idle animation, and their needs decay as time passes. But they don't move. They can't "go here", deleting what they were sitting on or standing near has done nothing, and they can perform NO interactions whatsoever. At first I thought it was just the two sims in my household... but there are 10ish other, NPC sims wandering around outside, and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM has the same error.

Not a single Sim, anywhere in my neighborhood/world, can move, whatsoever, under any circumstance. I tried moving my active household to a new lot: no luck. Resetsim has not worked, either individually nor with "resetsim *"... they reset position, but they cannot begin moving.

No one.

Anywhere.

Help?

This started when two sims climbed into bed to nap together, and after placing a Rock-a-bye Bassinet in the home. One is pregnant. I have no idea how to fix this and no amount of loading old saves or moving sims in/out of different lots has helped.

The action I ask them to do appears in their queue, floating above, then disappears. No "I can't move!/routing" thought bubble/complaint comes out of the sim: their action just disappears.

"You have to be around a little bit longer before posting links." 🐸🐸🐸🐸 forums lol? Here is the tail-end of the URL to my thread =/.

/en_US/discussion/776776/entire-world-stuck-all-sims-not-moving
  • invertere3invertere3 Posts: 6 New Member
    Didn't see this one on the list:

My children sims were unable to change appearance through the mirror. I don't think there was an object above it, but there was a sink below it. I had clicked the change appearance option and then the loading screen went up when the sim went to it. My game was playing in the background as I could see my sims coming home from working and gaining money. The loading screen just stayed there. I eventually had to force quit the game as it never went away.
  • wulfinwulfin Posts: 3 New Member
    My Specs:

Win 7, x64
    Proc: i7-2670 QM
    RAM: 16 GB
    Graphics: nVidia GeForce GTX 570M (April 2014 driver..there is a new one available but that shouldn't factor on this)
  • LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    with the violin i'm pretty sure i'm high enough (i have no idea what level i have to be because theres no guides :s) but at level 7 violin i cant write my own music (my aspiration wants me to)
    i'll try getting the skill higher and see
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • khynneakhynnea Posts: 265 Member
    edited September 2014
    Are you using mods: Never
    Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) ? No
    What is your Operating System (XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1) ? Win 7 64
    Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? Download

Gardening: Planter box; planted four crops (spinach, mushroom, grape, carrot). Tended (water/weeded) several days. Puddles formed outside the box (noticed when I went to re-position when I wanted to buy another). Can't place anything on the ground over the puddle. Get message similar to "you'd have to be really neat to want to mop a puddle on the ground".

NO trouble at all maintaining neatness inside. The puddle outside does not appear to give any negative moodlets. It's just now an annoyance with respect to landscaping/placing objects. Waited several days, they did not dry up. Cannot place anything over them in build/buy or manipulate them at all.

Haven't progressed to pursuing the 'move household out/save lot/bulldoze' type options, don't know if that's possible in this game. But afaik it should be a bug that puddles are not drying over a 2-3 day period out of doors on a sunny day.

Also had experience of leaving tutorial into build/buy, got build/buy tutorial, left build/buy and tutorial did not resume. Haven't bothered restarting it. Don't know what expected behavior is supposed to be, but saw this on the list already and my experience is different from the user whose experience was noted.

After several hours of non-glitchy play (save for outdoor puddles) lost functionality of M for map. Had to go and click road to get travel to pop up. After that, M started working again. Alt-tabbed out of game, and no problem with the key. It just stopped responding. Of note it seemed that free will had taken over at the moment. I interrupted that string of actions, did something else, M still wasn't working, but travel via road did.

Don't know if this is a bug or just bad search text in the Electronics/Computer section on build-buy, but entered laptop, it autocompleted as Laptop Computer, it took me to Electronics > Computer/s, and no laptops are displayed. So either there are not any, or they are not displaying, but why it's autocompleting and taking me there when there are not any is confusing to a user (especially one who would expect that sort of content by default).
  • DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited September 2014
    Not sure what triggered it, but now my sim has a solid green skill up thing above his head, but it's not doing anything ... just sitting there.

edit: resetsim fixed it.
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
    Aggravating thing: My sim is sitting at the table eating food, and multitasking by having a conversation with another sim in the house. As the other sim moves around the house, my sim eating food gets up and follows her around the house. I keep canceling the multitask chatting cause 🐸🐸🐸🐸 you have 10 sim minutes to eat before work!! :(
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
  • WillyDark0WillyDark0 Posts: 33 Member
    edited September 2014
    My two male sims just got married and they didn't take each other's last name? I don't know if it's is a bug or WAD but I thought I would mention it just in case!
  • ElmawaElmawa Posts: 2,281 Member
    edited September 2014
    When I call a sim to "hang out at current lot", random sims appear. In context, I'm doing this from my sims home, and I'm trying to invite Bella, her neighbor, over. Three times I've tried now, I get a message that says Bella will be over right away, but then instead of her showing up, a random sim shows up. Once two actually came! I'm starting to get the idea that Bella doesn't want to hang out... :-P
  • SadieeloveSadieelove Posts: 41 Member
    Sim was mopping up a puddle, and then tried to speak to a friend. When the puddle was gone, Sim continued to carry the mop. This continued on for an hour of gameplay (still ongoing). Sim carried the mop while mopping other puddles, while in the shower, while in bed, while cooking, while talking to friends etc.

Went to map and reopened the lot. Still holding the mop.
    Saved and exit Sims 4 entirely. Problem resolves itself.
  • ErasteEraste Posts: 5 New Member
    edited September 2014
    And another one, items I buy and place are disappearing when I return home, but the money doesn't :(

One more, the money he earns disappears as well.. Getting unplayable...
  • ofriofri Posts: 4 New Member
    Found a weird bug, my Sim was eating and the fork she was using was "stuck" to her hand I noticed this while she was playing the computer I don't know if it happeneds with any other actions
  • simbilN99simbilN99 Posts: 273 Member
    Reporting a shower, Unicorn Dream shower keeps running after a sim is done and is permanently on. No, it's not broken and the sims can use it fine.
    ofri wrote: »
    Found a weird bug, my Sim was eating and the fork she was using was "stuck" to her hand I noticed this while she was playing the computer I don't know if it happeneds with any other actions

This happened to me with the mop after moping up a puddle.
    Graphical Issues

Processor: Intel Core i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00 GHz
    Amount of RAM: 8192 RAM
    Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 3000
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M
    Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit
    Graphics on: Low-Medium

Tried two different households.
    Images attached : pic.twitter.com/uhvZE6xYZi

• vuhhjaymexvuhhjaymex Posts: 5 New Member
    edited September 2014
    I am not using mods.
    No custom content.
    I am on Windows 7.
    I have the downloaded game.

I'm not sure if this goes with the actions disappearing from queue or not, but after I got the bills out of my mail box I COULD NOT pay them no matter what I did. When into the queue only briefly. Only action I've had a problem with.
    WillyDark0 wrote: »
    My two male sims just got married and they didn't take each other's last name? I don't know if it's is a bug or WAD but I thought I would mention it just in case!

My sims also didn't take either last name when I married them.

• ts3semlts3seml Posts: 440 Member
    So far things seem to be working well for me.
    • necklace isn't showing in front of the off shoulder sweater. Does on other clothes but not on that one.
    • Edges of tops, especially sleeveless ones, look rough - not smooth.
    • Changing the violin color to brown didn't work. got a "script call failed" error. All the other colors worked.
    • At the museum, all of the sims were hanging out in the bathroom talking.
    • Bartender left the museum bar when my sim arrived.
    • At the lounge, a standing sim was having a drink and her arm was right through the head of the sim sitting to her right.
  • TheZooblerTheZoobler Posts: 12 New Member
    Fixed my original "All sims in the world no longer moving/interacting" bug.

Reposted from other thread.

Found a solution, for now anyway. Here's what you need to do:

1) Go to Manage Worlds.

2) Evict your household from the lot they got stuck on.

3) Move your household into an entirely empty lot in an ENTIRELY different mini-neighborhood. For example, my family was in Potter Way in the Northeast mini-neighborhood of Willow Creek: I evicted them from there, then moved them in to an entirely separate mini-neighborhood on the lot Hollow Slough. As soon as they loaded into the new lot, they could move around once more.

4) Do the same in reverse. Evict your household from their new lot, then move them back in to where they were living originally.

5) Now, unless I was just really lucky, your family / world should be able to move again, too! I hope.
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited September 2014
    @crinrict - I have played with two Sims now, both of which seem to have the issue.

Sim 1: Foodie, Neat, Cheerful
    Sim 2: Outgoing, Neat, Cheerful

Edit - Sim 3: Self-Assured, Geek, Outgoing and Reward Trait: Quick Learner

Seems that all my Sims enjoy to jog when they are off the home lot, as well as coming home from work on occasion.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    I'm off to bed guys. Checking in in the morning to answer questions

For your own trouble shooting:
    • Resetsims firstname lastname
    • Move your Sim out and back in
    • Switch active households
    • Switch neighborhoods
    • Reload games.

Also, please don't swap me. I don't wanna see 25 pages here or I'm gonna quite before I begin ;)
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top