Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anybody found the object textures in the preloads?

Wanting to hit the ground running on recolors! :)

Comments

• simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    You and me both, that's going to be fun! (by the way @Srikandi715 I managed to get the funds to preorder! It's installing now)
    HSon1Mq.png
  • MaclimesMaclimes Posts: 513 Member
    I was digging around this morning, and couldn't find them yet. And I doubt I'll do much digging for a while, since the game itself will be out by the time I get home!
  • sisterto2sisterto2 Posts: 84 New Member
    wait a minute how did you change your picture?????
  • MomGinnyMomGinny Posts: 311 Member
    I'm looking forward to that too - but also hearing reports that the CC they already have isn't playing nicely with the full game for people in Asia, so I'm thinking I may cool it on the recolors until I can confirm for myself that they work or don't. :|
    My Sims || My CC Creations || My Simblr || OID: MomGinny
  • pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
    @MomGinny, where did you hear that?
    Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4
    On tumblr, @pbox, let me see if I can find the post... Here it is.
    edited September 2014
    Thanks a lot! =)
    Post edited by pbox on
    Yeah, I've been keeping an eye on the tags over there - if someone posts something more specific I'll come back here and let you all know about it.
    Grant has already found out what the issue was -- see here / here. IDs have changed between demo and release, so it’s a general issue from the sound of it – not tool specific. But the fix should be simple, reclone from game files and you’re set.
    Update from the same simmer - link to my blog because the text formatting on hers is awful to try and read.

? is about whether or not default eyes work.

"default eyes work great! the only problem i’ve seen so far are with a few recolors and a couple new hairstyles. everything else seems to be good, like skins, freckles, tattoos, facial piercings, moles, etc, and it all looks great!"
    I guess this perhaps concerns only stuff that uses an EA mesh, then – while “hairstyle” could mean anything, facial piercings would be with a custom mesh and the rest is all .. flat. Thanks again!
    pbox wrote: »
    Grant has already found out what the issue was -- see here / here. IDs have changed between demo and release, so it’s a general issue from the sound of it – not tool specific. But the fix should be simple, reclone from game files and you’re set.

Oh, good! :D I'm glad it's such a simple fix!
  • JordwalJordwal Posts: 50 Member
    It's a shame so many people went to all the work of making recolors that aren't going to be of any use anymore now that the full game is coming out. Maybe a little warning on the recolor tool would have been in order but I guess it's too late to save everyone from wasting their time now.
    Luckily, people who are creators themselves don’t need your help when it comes to “saving us from wasting our time”.
    Jordwal wrote: »
    It's a shame so many people went to all the work of making recolors that aren't going to be of any use anymore now that the full game is coming out. Maybe a little warning on the recolor tool would have been in order but I guess it's too late to save everyone from wasting their time now.

It really shouldn't take too much time to fix the files that don't work. Export the new package, put your already done DDS files into it and save anew. It's not like we have to rework all the files in photoshop/gimp/whatever. We'll survive. And if someone is adamant that they don't want to go through "all the work" of fixing them they can just start making new content and post letting people know the previous files were just for the demo.
    I'll agree that it is a shame to have done the work, somewhat pointlessly, but... it's not a life or death issue.
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    edited September 2014
    Good grief, @Jordwal, you're an unending font of negativity, aren't you?

The tool makers described their tools as CAS demo tools, not TS4 tools. They knew perfectly well there was no guarantee the demo recolors would work in the full game, and said so whenever anybody asked. I pointed it out myself a number of times here and elsewhere.

They had no way to know for sure until they had access to the full game code.

The tools still work for the full game exactly as they did for the demo, btw.

Maybe if you contributed something instead of knocking things down, people would listen to you :p
  • granthesgranthes Posts: 93 Member

Jordwal, do you really have to be so negative all the time?

And there was absolutely no way to know if the recolors would work with the full game until the full game was available. The warning was implicit in the fact that we were making recolors for a DEMO. If anyone wasn't aware of that implicit warning, then they haven't dealt with EA / Maxis before.

In any case, "all the work" is quite excessive since the hard part was re-working the textures, not clicking 3 or 4 buttons in the recolor tool. Simply re-running Color Magic, re-creating the same recolor packages from the full game data and re-importing the already created new textures is hardly a lot of work.

--Grant
    Grant (granthes)
    Developer of Sims 4 Modding Tools -- Sims 4 Stuff n Things
    @granthes, be assured I haven’t seen a single creator complain so far. They all seem to be literate. =)
    pbox wrote: »
    @granthes, be assured I haven’t seen a single creator complain so far. They all seem to be literate. =)

I needed that laugh, that was a hearty audible laugh from me right there. haha
    HSon1Mq.png
  • JordwalJordwal Posts: 50 Member
    @pbox @Srikandi715: Your little group, the same little people who keep giving me disagrees, and speaking so snidely to me can go on doing it. I will still keep speaking my mind. The people who were using that tool to make recolors had no idea those weren't going to work in the full game. If they did I doubt they would have gone to all the trouble they did. All I'm saying is a little warning would have been good. Warning wasn't given and it's over. As simfeetunder says it isn't life or death although your reaction to my comment makes it seem so to you.

People can look at the enormous number of disagrees I have received in a very short time period and see it is always granthes, Srikandi715, and pbox that are giving them. The same people (with the exception of granthes) always being so negative about this site, which is a great site, and always telling people to go to a different one. You think your disagrees bother me? Think again ;) I've seen you say a lot of rude things to other people besides me and gang up on them acting like you're in charge here. Since you do it to everyone else to I can't really take this personally. It's just how you are. You are very negative to everyone that doesn't agree with you to every last detail.
    constructive.png
    In any case... the original post by @Srikandi715... I also want to poke at recoloring objects since that's always been one of my favorite things (especially pictures/posters kinda stuffs).
    I haven't seen any recolored yet though so I'm not sure if anyone is looking for the files to do it or just waiting for like CM to have an update that'll give them to us. haha
    HSon1Mq.png
    I guess right now everyone’s too busy either playing the game, or watching all those Lets-plays, to be concerned with making CC ;)

I’m definitely interested in recoloring objects, but not right away – first get the game, then check it out for a while to see what I might want to change, and then see what’s possible and how. Unlikely that’s going to happen before the end of the month.
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    I'm not really one for worry about recolors of objects because, let's face it, it's all about the clothes dahling!

As long as I have mahogany, I'm great. XD But I would also like to know when someone finds the files for objects so I can at least play around and get a feel for it.
    I actually put a notice on most of my CC downloads that said "This probably will be incompatable with the base game, please return after release and re-download the fixed files" or some equivalent of that. //shrug I'm not too fussed about it, I'm about to the point in my game where I'm ready to take a breather and re-package all my CC bits. :)

I'm making notes in a little book every time I come across an object I NEED in colors not offered, so that when the tools come around later, I already know what I want to focus on first.