Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some things you want the modders to add?

natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
edited August 2014 in General Mods Discussion
After seeing some of the datamining threads, you can see some of the things that modders can change, one for example was: Story Progression, it looks like modders could add it in.

What do you want the modding community to add? I would want the ability to change lot sizes, but I think that is a bit of a stretch :mrgreen:

~Kaleb

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    If they can't do a full fledged Story Progression, at least make it easy to assign jobs to inactive Sims; with it being simple to add Sims to a household, I can always have a rash of adopting and get a couple of kids in each household -- no Woohoo required. B) Maybe something similar to NRaas Master Controller so I can go in and adjust skill levels and career levels for those households I don't plan to actively play. Edit in CAS is back as a cheat if you go into testingcheatsenabled mode, so we wouldn't absolutely need that, but I'd like a way of quickly checking Sims traits without having to actively play them; I want to put animal hats on all the pre-made "bros" and give them goofy walks just so my Sim can see them coming. >:)

Something like NRaas Debug Enabler to replace the lack of the repairman, so I can get things repaired without having to either risk electrocution by doing it myself without enough skill or having to pay megabucks to replace the item.

Hoping Overwatch won't be needed because of the lack of Story Progression, but if the game gets more complex with EPs then it could be necessary (it wasn't till Late Night and the car spawning bug that it became a necessity for my game in Sims 3).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • katelynnmcdanielkatelynnmcdaniel Posts: 304 Member
    edited August 2014
    Toddlers...just kidding :P thats not even possible. Honestly I don't download mods I think I never will, but a story progression would be nice for people who really wanted it in the game.
  • simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    A create-a-style tool. At the very least a color wheel. If something like that can't be integrated into the game, then a separate utility would be better than nothing, but I would want it to be as simple to use as Sims 3's CASt.

OR... (or in addition to), some type of conversion tool that would make it possible to use sims and houses generated in Sims 4 in Sims 3. I know NOTHING about modding, so yeah, this is probably impossible, but I still want it. :) I've played around with 3D programs like Poser and Daz and there are utilities that do things like convert clothing for one 3D model to fit another or convert a file type generated in one program to work in another, etc. Something like that would be awesome so that I could put the better looking Sims 4 sims and houses into my big, beautiful Sims 3 worlds.
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    this background for my CAS
    Red-And-Black-Wallpaper-53.jpg
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I really wish Twallan hadn't retired :(

I came in late into the modding game and I was always excited for more Nraas mod updates to make playing the game a whole lot more fun. Really going to miss them though.
    1FKDfKj.png
    EAfan99 wrote: »
    I really wish Twallan hadn't retired :(

I came in late into the modding game and I was always excited for more Nraas mod updates to make playing the game a whole lot more fun. Really going to miss them though.

The new folks at NRaas are doing a really good job though -- they're planning to stay with supporting Sims 3.

There are lots of gifted modders out there though; I'll probably be checking Mod the Sims more often to see what they come up with. Just thought of one other mod I'd like; if someone comes up with a Pose Player for Sims 4. These Sims are so expressive that they'll be a joy to play with in stories with a good Pose Player.

• Lea347Lea347 Posts: 248 Member
    Storyprogression of course
  • 11Celestial11Celestial Posts: 15 New Member
    I really would like Story Progression. I want a "real life" and most of all children for my sims' neighbors and friends !!
  • PiplowPiplow Posts: 81 Member
    Something to be able to edit the surrounding area of a lot or change the lot sizes (essentially sims 2/3 style lot placement) would be great.
  • MysticMystic Posts: 114 Member
    I would like modders to add gradual growth and aging. It was modded and added with The Sims 3, I am sure The Sims 4 it will be possible.

Also a story progression mod.

@stilljustme2, Twillian who made the Nraas mods retired because he has other life concerns (which is very reasonable), so there will not be Nraas in The Sims 4. Well not from him at least, I think he gave out the source code or something so others can experiment and update it, so hopefully someone else can come along.

I also would like a teenage pregnancy mod. I like my game very realistic and my Sims 3 game it would not have its "T" or teen rating lol with the mods I have.
    Life is full as long as you got loved ones, pets, hugs, kisses, and exploration, even if it is little exploration.
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Careers. For TS2 we have lientebollemeis.

TS4 desperately needs a modder to make normal careers until the pay-to-play career-related EP comes out with normal jobs.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Family tree would be nice.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
    Mystic wrote: »
    I would like modders to add gradual growth and aging. It was modded and added with The Sims 3, I am sure The Sims 4 it will be possible.<br />
    <br />
    Also a story progression mod. <br />
    <br />
    @stilljustme2, Twillian who made the Nraas mods retired because he has other life concerns (which is very reasonable), so there will not be Nraas in The Sims 4. Well not from him at least, I think he gave out the source code or something so others can experiment and update it, so hopefully someone else can come along.<br />
    <br />
    I also would like a teenage pregnancy mod. I like my game very realistic and my Sims 3 game it would not have its "T" or teen rating lol with the mods I have.

Twallan retired so he could have a life outside Sims 3, but he made his source codes available to others and long-time members of the group have done a great job keeping them updated and adding new ones (like the Cupcake mod to go with the bakery). Once someone goes to the effort of setting the framework, it's not that hard to tweak a mod if you've got a knowledge of programming if it's just a script or tuning mod. Core mods are a lot more intensive, but with no more patches, mods like ErrorTrap and Untranslated Key shouldn't need much updating.
  • natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    I would love for them to add normal careers, at least until real ones are added through a EP, also I think a master controller type of thing would also be GREAT!
  • natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    LOLOL I just noticed this thread got moved, the moderators crack me up :D
  • catmom1987catmom1987 Posts: 440 Member
    Story Progression
    Family Tree
    More traditional careers to add to the game
    add more lots in the neighborhood
    allow the uneditable areas to be edited so we can change the environment and trees to our own tastes.
    and a mod to get rid of that annoying white line around everything you click on.

Also, if it's even possible, a mod to get rid of loading screens within each neighborhood in the world.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    • More careers + a "career" that is social-assistance-type income (no work days, minimal income)
    • A micromanaging tool that lets me right-click a Sim to tell them to get married or have a baby or join a career path without me having to go in and play them fully
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    You'll find discussion threads on almost all these suggestions in this forum.

There will certainly be custom careers :) Our EA Liaison has told us they can be added via tuning, which should make them signficantly simlpler than in TS3.

Story progression -- probably something like it is possible. Won't be exactly the same. Give the scripters some time to learn their way around the new script language, and the way the game code is organized now.

Gradual aging? I'm gonna say probably, but don't know for sure. Folks are only just starting today to poke at the scripting stuff, and sliders is unknown territory too afaik.

More lots and districts/subhoods, likely; editing non-lot world, likely; bigger lots, maybe.

Getting rid of loading screen? I'm gonna say impossible.

Toddlers? Problem is not that it isn't doable; it's just way too much work for a volunteer effort. No technical reason why it can't be added to the game though; far more likely to be in an EP.
  • ChiixsanneChiixsanne Posts: 64 Member
    Something similar to NRaas Master Controller of course, I loved it so much.
    Mods to write/paint faster and other things like that (And longer too)
    Thoses were the only mods I used (Beside CC)
  • simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    The things I pretty much always download first for my games from MTS... a thing to skip intro video (which there is already, yay), cheat item mods for learning and learning quicker (book of knowledge, homework faster, that sort of thing)...
    If someone could make a mod for the CASt thingy that would be one of my favorites. I was very very into using matching colors and patterns and things in Sims3, was one of my favorite things about the game really... it made me survive not doing recolors.
    HSon1Mq.png
    The things I pretty much always download first for my games from MTS... a thing to skip intro video (which there is already, yay), cheat item mods for learning and learning quicker (book of knowledge, homework faster, that sort of thing)...
    If someone could make a mod for the CASt thingy that would be one of my favorites. I was very very into using matching colors and patterns and things in Sims3, was one of my favorite things about the game really... it made me survive not doing recolors.
    HSon1Mq.png
  • JordwalJordwal Posts: 50 Member
    The only skip intro I know of for Sims 4 is for the demo and it's posted at Simlogical here: http://www.den.simlogical.com/denforum/index.php?topic=3129.0 not mts. That place seems to be more about Sims 2 than anything else.

The skip intro was made by Kuree, of s4pe fame, and hopefully he'll make another for the full game because it's a very nice feature.

Looking at the full game files CAST doesn't seem to be in the works. That's more of a game overhaul than a mod.
    Jordwal wrote: »
    The only skip intro I know of for Sims 4 is for the demo and it's posted at Simlogical here: http://www.den.simlogical.com/denforum/index.php?topic=3129.0 not mts. That place seems to be more about Sims 2 than anything else.

The skip intro was made by Kuree, of s4pe fame, and hopefully he'll make another for the full game because it's a very nice feature.

Looking at the full game files CAST doesn't seem to be in the works. That's more of a game overhaul than a mod.

Oh, crud! Yeah... that's the one. The one I had for sims3 was on MTS though. But yeah, Kuree's is the one I grabbed for the demo of 4.
    HSon1Mq.png
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Chiixsanne wrote: »
    Something similar to NRaas Master Controller of course, I loved it so much.
    Mods to write/paint faster and other things like that (And longer too)
    Thoses were the only mods I used (Beside CC)

I agree this is a great mod, as I have not played Sims 4 yet from the videos I would like modders to solve the problem of the white lines around Sims and objects and Stop Sims playing musical chairs to sit down and talk I think this could get frustrating fast after this I think more will become obvious with playing after game release :D