Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will Sims 1 run on Windows 8.1?

OK, I have the Sims 2 plus all the DLCs thanks to the free gift given by Origin. I also have Sims 3 and all the DLCs. Right now, I am planning to buy Sims 1 The Complete Collection from Amazon just to have all the Sims game.

The question is, will Sims 1 run on Windows 8.1? Any user has any experience on this?

Thanks!

:)

Comments

• Options
    Stuart92Stuart92 Posts: 44 Member
    Yeah it does. I run it and it works fine.

I don't have 'The Complete Collection' however so it may be a little different but recommend you run and install it in Windows XP compatibility mode and as an administrator.

If you try running it Windowed Mode there might be a black box on the screen, you'll understand what I mean if it happens but if you press Ctrl + Alt + Delete then the back button the black box will be gone.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Stuart92 wrote: »
    Yeah it does. I run it and it works fine. <br />
    <br />
    I don't have 'The Complete Collection' however so it may be a little different but recommend you run and install it in Windows XP compatibility mode and as an administrator. <br />
    <br />
    If you try running it Windowed Mode there might be a black box on the screen, you'll understand what I mean if it happens but if you press Ctrl + Alt + Delete then the back button the black box will be gone.

I have the same problem! Couldn't get it to show up properly in Windowed mode using Windows 8/8.1. Thanks for the advice. :-bd

And yeah, otherwise, it (Complete Collection) works extremely well. Still have it installed on my laptop, although I rarely play it now.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    hummingbird41556hummingbird41556 Posts: 923 Member
    I spent most of today playing Sims 1 on my Windows 8.1 computer. Yes, you do have to do the control/alt/del and then hit the back arrow to get rid of that black box, but it's worth it! I installed and run this game in XP compatibility mode, and run as administrator. It works great, once you get the game to realize you really can use a window, and that the screen doesn't have to be 800 x 600. LOL