Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Player Guide Screens

ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
I got my hands on a copy and made some screens of the informative bits. Nice charts showing all of the emotions, careers, and such....and a sheet of the controls and the cheats, too.

93a13842-f479-413e-bff8-16ff9115b541.png

39f75a97-8ab4-4368-8fae-ba55b34b9eda.png

db81d83d-afae-4256-b41c-ebc7a7e38a42.png

aa3c71c5-3597-4f0c-bf99-40342010e6b6.png

You can check it out on my blog here: http://getsimplyruthless.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-sims-4-player-guide-info.html

Comments

• Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    Ah... I didnt see that she had already posted it :) Carry on..
  • have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member

Oh wow wasn't it awesome that they played your house on live play? It's beautiful, BTW! :D
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    edited August 2014
    Don't feel bad. I posted it also. :) Wish we could delete our own threads.

But thanks for the link to your blog!
    have2admit wrote: »

Oh wow wasn't it awesome that they played your house on live play? It's beautiful, BTW! :D

Thank you! It was very cool to see it being used like that...I was pretty excited :)
    Don't feel bad. I posted it also. :) Wish we could delete our own threads.

But thanks for the link to your blog!

Yup...a delete button would come in handy right about now...hehe.
  • JPG619JPG619 Posts: 460 Member
    The guild looks cool, glad I am picking it up with my game :P
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited August 2014
    The words are hard to read because their small.

My previous reply has to be approved so it will probebly show up Tuesday. I don't know why it has to be approved as moderation probebly won't be back till after the holiday.

Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Still the strategy guide covers the meat of the game.
  • ladybastillaladybastilla Posts: 172 Member
    I ordered the guide and am looking forward to spending some quality time with it. I don't have a lot of background with The Sims, so I'm hoping it will help me get off to a good start.
  • 2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    I don't get why they got rid of random deaths when theres a cheat to prevent sim death for thoose who didn't like it????
    My origin id is sim2011
  • zombieghostgirlzombieghostgirl Posts: 419 Member
    whoa, this is great. Thanks for uploading. :D
    I study psychology. I am often observing social interaction and human behavioral patterns which means you are all my lab rats each time you post.
    2011simone wrote: »
    I don't get why they got rid of random deaths when theres a cheat to prevent sim death for thoose who didn't like it????

Really, lol !!!!
  • Vicks06Vicks06 Posts: 728 Member
    Is the guide worth having? I've never had a guide for the sims as it's always struck me as a game that you are better off poking around with yourself than reading a guide but I am open to being shown otherwise
    ||Origin Name: VicksLouise||UK Simmer||Simmer since 2000||My Fanart||My Gallery||
    have2admit wrote: »

Thank you! It was very cool to see it being used like that...I was pretty excited :)

I'll bet you were excited; anyone would be! :D
    Vicks06 wrote: »
    Is the guide worth having? I've never had a guide for the sims as it's always struck me as a game that you are better off poking around with yourself than reading a guide but I am open to being shown otherwise

That's true; I've always just depended on the lessons and the forums. :)
  • ladybastillaladybastilla Posts: 172 Member

I think it may depend on how you play. I'm a storyteller, and if this can: teach me what the traits / aspirations actually mean in the game, give me tips on designing houses, tell me what activities / skills are available and how to get them, give me backstories on the pre-made sims, give me details on all the different whims, rewards, etc. or basically do anything else that will help me familiarize myself with the game so I can make the most of my time when I am playing, it will be awesome. Whether it will succeed in doing that, of course, is anyone's guess.

With a game like this, a guide seems like it could be a hit or miss situation. This isn't fallout or dragon age where there are exact steps that I need to take to get things done, far as I know. But it is a game, and knowing how to manipulate how it works will help me in my ultimate goals: mixing my writing skills with spontaneous character development, and being able to get my characters in a mindset that will allow me to get the shots I need to back up my stories plotlines when that is absolutely necessary.

How do you play? What would you want from the guide? Worst case scenario, let people here know and someone who gets it could always check for you. I hope this helps. :)
  • Vicks06Vicks06 Posts: 728 Member

I think it may depend on how you play. I'm a storyteller, and if this can: teach me what the traits / aspirations actually mean in the game, give me tips on designing houses, tell me what activities / skills are available and how to get them, give me backstories on the pre-made sims, give me details on all the different whims, rewards, etc. or basically do anything else that will help me familiarize myself with the game so I can make the most of my time when I am playing, it will be awesome. Whether it will succeed in doing that, of course, is anyone's guess.

With a game like this, a guide seems like it could be a hit or miss situation. This isn't fallout or dragon age where there are exact steps that I need to take to get things done, far as I know. But it is a game, and knowing how to manipulate how it works will help me in my ultimate goals: mixing my writing skills with spontaneous character development, and being able to get my characters in a mindset that will allow me to get the shots I need to back up my stories plotlines when that is absolutely necessary.

How do you play? What would you want from the guide? Worst case scenario, let people here know and someone who gets it could always check for you. I hope this helps. :)

A very helpful post indeed.

I guess my style of gameplay is erratic, I'll try to give some examples based on my TS3 gameplay.

There have been times I've gone into a game with a full on plan, like the time I decided to split up the Landgraab's, what I'd planned to do was something along the lines of get rid of Nancy and give Malcolm a step mother however that didn't exactly go to plan because I got invested in the Landgraab's and never went through with it instead the "step mother" met her own man and became simply best friends with the family she was going to rip apart.

And other times I've stuck to my story plans I made a single sim who's dream was to break hearts and have as many babies as she could with different sims, I stuck to this and it was interesting because every one of them kids she had was different and I could tell very different stories with 8 very different sims of the same house.

And then there was the time I wanted to build up the Newbie/Broke family which I did and I made a wonderful story for them which obviously ended with Brandi and Skip marrying and starting their own family (3 boys were first then whatever gender for the rest)

But there's times where I just go into a game with no plan and just see what I feel like doing as the game goes on like the time I had a family of 3 and then decided to create a male sim later on who joined the family and broke up that marriage by falling in love with the female which then made the male decide he liked men, it wasn't the plan but the story just took me to wanting to split the couple up.

Others I've made sims just to get badges in the game- some have worked some I still don't have

And then there's times I've just wanted to pursue a career path so I play with just that in mind.

Others I've made to tell whacky stories like meeting aliens or travelling to the future or falling in love with a vampire

If you can figure out my style of gameplay you're better than me because I feel like my style is all over the place - maybe the guide would help me find a style I enjoy most
    ||Origin Name: VicksLouise||UK Simmer||Simmer since 2000||My Fanart||My Gallery||